www.greatcarsandtrucks.com

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by VR6in, Aug 5, 2004.

1. VR6in

VR6in
    [OP]

Anyone ever heard of this or used to advertise?

The reason I ask is this........I have my Jetta advertised on Autotrader. Then this weekend I kept getting these calls (I wasn't home) from this company called "Great Cars and Trucks". I spoke with a guy about it last night and HE was persuing ME to advertise with them. He had a great story as to why I should and to be honest it sounds like a good deal. But this guy was extremely pushy, wanted my credit card number right away so I could pay for the use of their advertising even after I told him several times that I want to look into it further. Then after we got off the phone, the guy called me back again, asking if I had time to look at it (this is after I told him that I would call him back). Anyway, it seems like a good deal but at the same time I'm curious to see if this is legit. Anyone have any info on this place??

2. VR6in

VR6in
    [OP]

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

they called me twice for my SiR.... told them thanks but no thanks

4. VR6in

VR6in
    [OP]

Did they give you the B.S about having 10's of thousands of new people signing up everyday? About how they can guarantee a sale for the price that you want? It's funny, take a look at the site, there likely aren't even a thousand cars for sale there. Also, how can they promise a sale? The guy I spoke with didn't know if a Volkswagen was an import or a domestic :lol:

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

yeah, the site blows :D I felt like telling him I host a message board that gets more traffic then his gay site :rofl:

6. cindi

greatcarsandtrucks.com

Yes, Shawn Murphy has contacted me twice trying to get me to pay $150 to advertise on the greatcarsandtrucks.com website.

It seems that their advertising is achieved by sending out emails to people who have applied for loans. Seems like one hand greases the other. They sell vehicles and get some kind of percentage from the loan company, and the loan company charges high interest which is then paid by the consumer.

Doesn't seem like a great advertising scheme for the person paying for the ad, though! It's post email spam in my opinion! It would seem to me that most people who apply for a loan have already picked out the item they want to buy.

Cindi,
    in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

7. numbernineonlin

the company greatcarsandtrucks has sold several vehicles for me their staff may be pushy but can actually help find you a buyer when you look at all the other media publications the only way they benifit is by the vehicles not selling with gcandt one time fee who can loose

8. numbernineonlin

as far as there financing goes would it not depend on the person apllying for the loan as to the interest rates

9. rileyl

They also contacted me when my super coup was in auto trader. They where quite persistent untill i took the bait. After that Collin was always on the phone when I called, my car pictures where never posted on the site (after numerous resends of the pictures),I never recieved a single phone call on my car and they have not responded to my request for a refund. I personaly would never deal with these people again.

10. infatuous

why so many new posters in this thread? :confused:

11. rileyl

I too was contacted by Collin from the Calgary office when my super coupe was in the Thunder Bay Auto Trader. After I took the bait and paid $150. for national advertising I never heard from him again. When I called Collin he was always on the other line and didn't return my calls.After 90 days the car did not sell so I contacted Bev by email for a full refund (as I was told to do by their secretary)and again was never contacted. Bev only works four hours a week.and never sems to be available. They now tell me I have to download a form from their site get it norterised and mail it in. At this point i did a search for the company on the web and was suprised by the negative comments. I should have checked the web before i took the bait. My mistake. I will never again deal with this company. As a final note I did not recieve even one call on my car.

12. rileyl

13. iKe

iKe

what exactly makes this a specialty car?

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

if you look up greatcarsandtrucks on google a link to this thread comes up :rofl:

15. tonycap57

Warring about greatcarsandtrucks

Hi all I read your postings about greatcarsandtrucks and had to sign up and post.

:pissed: What ever anyone does DO NOT use these assholes!. Myself and 7 other people have law suits against this jerk.!!!!!
    Here is the BBB listing of greatcarsandtrucks.
    There are about 128 current complaints against this shit hole company besides ours.:pissed:
    Read
    http://worf.usshurdman.com/~calgary/commonreport.html?compid=37515

16. tonycap57

By the way numbernineonlin is from greatcarsandtrucks. Don't believe a word he says!

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Reality-Check is doing a service to all with this thread indexed in google :rofl:

18. slouse

19. VR6in

VR6in
    [OP]

back from 2004 :lol:

20. Cooper

FTP

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

21. LinuxChick

Joining in on the voices

Somehow I missed this thread when I did my search on this company when I received the first phonecall. If I had found it, I never would have gambled the $100 on it.

I had my Grand Am listed on the site since early February. I've had *NO* calls or emails from people through this medium. None whatsoever. And I made a point of asking people who would contact me about where they saw the ad.

Part of the problem might be the fact that the site's internal contact system doesn't work! I tried contacting someone through it and after several days of no reply, tried contacting myself. No message came through. I called the people running the site and was told "yeah, sometimes it doesn't work... we're not sure why. It might have to do with the type of email address. Just put your contact information in the ad."

As someone who works in the computer industry, that answer is *NOT ACCEPTABLE*. You fix the damn problem... you don't give a half-arsed suggestion on a workaround! What about those people that don't call and ask what's wrong?

When my ad was posted, the guy who put it up didn't even bother checking for errors. My Pontiac Grand Am was originally listed as a Pantera Grand Am. I caught the error and fixed it right away.

The refund? Part of not being able to get that is my fault... as I didn't have the vehicle or registration in my possession, I asked someone else to get it notirized for me. I failed to specify a date. As such, my notirized copy was five days early. But I did send it to them within the specified window of when it should have been there. Guess what? I received a letter two days ago post marked May 19 and sent to my previous address (and I had specified my new address in the letter I sent them!) telling me that my dates were too early. Well thanks to their speedy notification, I'm now past the 7 day allowance period and even though I spoke with a manager, they refuse to let me reapply for the refund.

Of course they would refuse... from the sounds of it, they have to return an awful lot of payments since nothing appears to sell on their site.

They found me through AutoTrader. I listed the car with the guy the first time he called. The same guy called me again 1.5 weeks later with the same spin, telling me that he could guarantee my car would sell in 90 days. I responded with "I'm already listed with you guys... you're the same guy that called me 1.5 weeks ago!" Talk about trolling. Several weeks later, some girl called me with the same line of crap and I brusquely told her that I was already listed and I didn't appreciate the calls. She hung up on me. To make it even worse, they were calling on my *cell phone* which was listed as a *secondary* number in my ad!! I have to pay for those damn calls and I don't appreciate what is basically telemarketing calling me on it when I'm at work! I had no problems with people who were genuinely interested in my car calling me at that number, but people trying to sell me ads? Losers.

I told the girl on the phone today that I wouldn't recommend their service to *ANYONE* given the bullshit that I had to put up with. She sounded bored when she said "that's your choice". Yeah, she'll remember that when the company goes under and she doesn't have a job.

So anyone who's thinking of going with this site... they don't deliver. They're half-assed at best and will definitely try to screw you over in whatever ways they can find. If you want to gamble the $100 or so that they ask for in the hopes that you *might* get your car sold, go for it. But go into it with your eyes open that it's quite likely you won't get anything for the money you spend!

22. VR6in

VR6in
    [OP]

I can't beleive that this thread keeps coming back!

23. Pottie

:rofl: this thread is like herpes

24. John Doe

Goddamn, tell me about it....

25. Pottie

No, how about you tell me

26. John Doe

One word: Valtrex.

Another word: Bareback (hey, I'm not keeping this shit to myself!)

27. Pottie

:eek7:
    The valtrex will reduce the number of times this thread breaks out?

28. John Doe

Yeah, just one little pill....

PS: I've always wondered what it's like for some dude to explain to his wife why he is having an outbreak on his arsehole...

29. tribeachpunk

@tbpHFX

This company sounds very reputable. I think I'm going to send them my money right away... :ugh2:

30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

This thread owns that site :lol:

31. Kaivik420

I LUV MY LADA VAZ NIVA

So here's the scoop... from what I have been able to find out, GreatCarsAndTrucks.com has been sold for over a million dollars and has switched telemarket strategies as well as losing the money back guarantee. The telemarket office remains in the same place (industrial mall in Calgary). But the owner Craig has seemingly made enough money ripping ordinary people off and has taken his buyout. Moral of the story? Through an ethiclly questionable startup, weathering a semi public battering which created more exposure than he could have paid for, the bastard walks away with everyones money plus a buyout; and a new owner takes over a highly profitable business.

The question is: Will the new owner's clean business strategy generate a company sustaining clientele flow?

32. Pottie

:rofl: omg it still comes back.

33. Kaivik420

I LUV MY LADA VAZ NIVA

Herpes and cockroaches baby!!

:kekeke::lol::bigup:

34. essenmeinstuff

Bubba is home

35. Boots

www.reality-check.ca