Winter time Random Thread

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Jul 17, 2018.

1. hank

BootsBoots ran the frostbite 5 miler today. Waved to your camera as I passed :kekeke:

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Oh damn. I totally thought that was tomorrow :o

3. Matt30

Meyer / Diamond

Where does he work? I’m not aware of many places that deal with this kind of stuff so maybe I’ll just call ahead. Parts for Trucks referred me to Drive Products, when they couldn’t help me they told me to call Parts for Trucks :lol:

4. Grifter

Bluh?

So I'm looking for foam mattress toppers for hunting/camping season. Had the idea to just get a roll of foam from Walmart since it would be cheaper. Typed in foam and this came up....

Screenshot_20190217-204542.png

RoryTate and Nick84 like this.
  5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Good pillow for camping

6. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

And boating.......

Motor boating.

Dewie and Grifter like this.
  7. 17

teenage dirtbag

I bought one for a travel pillow

8. C. Mike Hunt

4:25 AM AST Tuesday 19 February 2019
    Special weather statement in effect for:
    • Halifax Metro and Halifax County West
    Snow on tap for Thursday...

A low pressure system will approach the Maritimes Wednesday night and into Thursday. Snow will develop across western Nova Scotia early Thursday morning and then spread eastward through the day. Total snowfall amounts could reach 15 cm, especially across the western mainland.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to NSstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #NSStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?ns1#1901188821576160107201902180506ws1171cwhx

9. Dewie

I'd look at your old one for you if you want. You didn't actually tag me so I didn't get notice you posted.

10. Dewie

v-macv-mac and I went road trippin' yesterday - I picked up another spreader because I have some kind of debilitating problem in my brain that thought two completely different yet equally broken spreaders would be better than one.

upload_2019-2-19_7-20-2.png

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    v-mac likes this.
  11. C. Mike Hunt

15 years ago today....

[​IMG]

12. LMAC

_

damn 15 years ago

13. Grifter

Bluh?

White Juan?

14. 17

teenage dirtbag

We got 85cm in Yarmouth and I had to abandon my car because I was an idiot and thought I could drive through it to get some pizza :lol:

MRA and Scott like this.
  15. Dewie

I made it from Brookfield to the Enfield Scales where the 18 wheelers I was following pulled off... When we came to a stop the minivan I was driving died because I had knocked the serpentine belt off in a snowbank at Shubi leaving the 18 wheeler that was in the ditch on the wrong side of the road. I knew the water pump was driven off the timing chain so I had killed all power I didn't need (heat and tail lights) and tucked in and followed the trucks.

Ended up taking the battery out of the van to charge it (and slipped the serp belt on) that morning while hanging out with the trucker in his truck ahead of me to keep from freezing to death. Got plowed out enough to make it to the Irving Big Stop and left my van at the scale, got the battery on a charger at the Irving... Wind was blowing through the building so bad I ended up going back to the truck with the trucker and just shooting the shit. Eventually was offered a drive back over to the van by a cab driver and got the van over to the Irving but hopped back in the truck (At this point I will clarify it was a day cab Midland truck, no bunk or anything - pervs) and spent the night burning his truck fuel for heat instead of my own. The fucking truck had some feature that if it idled for x minutes it shut off so the driver would fall asleep and the fucking thing would shut off and we'd get cold. I would have gone back to my own van after a few times of this but fuck it was nasty out.

[​IMG]

Was shortly behind snow plow up the airport hill - people had abandoned vehicles everywhere on the ramps. Someone from Air Canada had a bunch of shovels so we shoveled a path between the on and off ramps to get up in to the airport property and at that point I was only able to make it Tim Hortons - had to walk the rest of the way in to the terminal...

[​IMG]

What a crazy ass time that was...

v-mac likes this.
  16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

So you basically spent the storm as a lot lizard?

Dewie and Wayne like this.
  17. Matt30

I’ll be in touch!

18. Grifter

Bluh?

During and after the storm I was driving hospital workers to and from the hospital. I was running my first Jeep YJ back then and it was heavily modified. I had few issues getting around. Was part of the "S.W.A.T." team... Severe weather assistance team. Which formed from Jeep club members. Good times! Kinda makes me wonder if that group is still running.

19. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

The call of the mountains is pulling at me - heading to Crystal Mountain to ski for a couple of days. Can’t wait. Skiing after all the snow at our “regular” mountain was great - Crystal should be insane.

20. Dewie

They are! I am part of some Jeep Club group on Facebook and see mention of it from time-to-time.

Grifter likes this.
  21. C. Mike Hunt

3:40 PM AST Friday 22 February 2019
    Special weather statement in effect for:
    • Halifax Metro and Halifax County West
    Another round of snow followed by ice pellets and rain is expected late Sunday and Sunday night before ending on Monday.

A low pressure system will approach from the west on Sunday then track across southern New Brunswick Sunday night before moving into the Gulf of St. Lawrence Monday morning.

Snow will start over western areas of the province Sunday afternoon then spread eastward reaching Cape Breton by Sunday evening. The snow will change through ice pellets to rain Sunday night over mainland Nova Scotia and over Cape Breton Monday morning. Precipitation will change to flurries on Monday. It is too early to forecast exact snowfall amounts. However, it is likely that significant snowfall will occur over northern and eastern areas of the province before the changeover. All areas will have a period of reduced visibilities in snow and blowing snow over exposed areas before the changeover.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to NSstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #NSStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?ns1#19292068266747889201902220506ws1171cwhx

22. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Pretty sure this is the coldest day we've had this winter brrrr

23. Dewie

From my weather station:

This year's highs and lows
    Temperature and Humidity
    Highest Temperature 12.7 °C 1:37 AM on 25 January
    Lowest Temperature -20.9 °C 6:34 AM on 03 January
    Highest Dew Point 9.9 °C 1:37 AM on 25 January
    Lowest Dew Point -52.3 °C 11:18 PM on 25 February
    Highest Apparent Temperature 9.3 °C 12:49 AM on 21 January
    Lowest Apparent Temperature -24.9 °C 8:26 AM on 03 January
    Lowest Wind Chill Temperature -25.2 °C 3:14 AM on 27 February

24. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

25. Wayne

This little tree is in the middle of the side yard, nowhere near where snowblower or plow would cause banks or artificial depths. In the summer I drive my lawn tractor underneath that little tree's branches to mow without hitting my head...that's how much snow I got here.

Fucking done with winter, but I sure hop spring comes slowly or Fredericton will break flood records.

snow-tree.jpg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Nick84 and v-mac like this.
  26. Michael

Hole digger

It’s been beautiful in Aberdeen. 10-15 deg since I arrived on Sunday and 0 rain.

27. C. Mike Hunt

Meanwhile...

Major Winter Storm is on its way for Nova Scotia on Monday March 4, 2019 and it will bring a lot of Snow Before Changing into Freezing Rain, Sleet and Rain and it will be a lot of Snow in Halifax and Cape Breton Including Sydney and it will bring Dangerous and Treacherous Driving Conditions and Heavy Snow will also hit Port Hawkesbury, Cheticamp, Antigonish, New Glasgow, Truro, Digby, Yarmouth, Kingston, Greenwood, Luneburg, Bridge Water and Shelburne Nova Scotia and there will be Big Waves Crashing the Beaches and Shores. Shovels, Snow Scoops, Snow Blowers, Snow Plows and Salt Trucks are Required for This Storm and Make Sure to Order your Pizzas and Chinese Food and Buy Cases of Pepsi and Coke. Have your Samsung Galaxys, Samsung Galaxy Smartphones, Samsung Galaxy Tablets, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Laptops and Tablets Charged and Have your 3G and 4G Internet Ready. Be Real Careful Driving your Car and Walking so you Don't Get in the Car Accident. Make Sure to Wear your Winter Gear, Winter Boots, Jackets, Hats, Gloves, Scarfs and Ski Pants Ready. Have your Furnaces Ready and Turn on the Furnaces to Keep the House Warm Drink Lots of Green Tea, White Tea, Red Tea and Drink Lots of Green Tea to Keep you Warm. Have your Extra Blankets Ready to Keep you Warm. Keep your Children, Pets and Animals inside of your Houses. Major Winter Storm will also hit Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Summerside Prince Edward Island and Moncton New Brunswick. If you Have anybody living in Nova Scotia Be Prepared for Major Winter Storm on Monday March 4, 2019. Take Care and Stay Safe and Don't Get Caught in the Major Winter Storm Stay Warm and Dry and Be Safe.

28. Mitch

Except for the fact your in Aberdeen

29. Michael

Hole digger

I haven’t minded free trip to somewhere I’ve never been.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  30. Duggan

31. Mitch

Vacation?

32. Mitch

33. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

34. Michael

Hole digger

Training

35. Mitch

Oh