Why Mac's suck

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DC5-S, Dec 25, 2003.

1. DC5-S

DC5-S
    [OP]
    If you go, go balls deep

2. Wolfe

p/t Firefighter - 24/7

hahaha funny shit :lol:

3. krayzie

poor Leanne :lol:

4. Teknic

:smoker: I love that one. Priceless. And so true :D Mac's suck, but they own the digitial video editing...

My favorite part had to be "I like the handle here. That's so you can attach a chain and use it as a boat anchor!". :bigthumb:

5. asmd

"MAC KILLS my inner child!"

RMFAO!!!!!! That is god damned priceless. . . . I love it!!!

6. triplebahnt

7. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

What a crock of shit. I love Mac's. That guy is a fag. Mac's are fucking great...and always will be. Just because they didnt sell out like IBM and sell the rights so people can clone away and make all kinds of shitty computers that are useless and just big paper weights doesn't mean Mac's suck. I own one now, have used them for 7 years....and I will never look back.

I think PC's have over 1 million possible virus's, Mac's have 7.

Don't come on and shit on me for saying this if you have never used a Mac for more then 10 minutes either....

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

PC's have over 300 million available applications. Mac's have 7

I've used mac's numerous times

:wizz:
    Macintosh's

9. Dubsta

Any program you can use for PC, with some exceptions...you can use on mac...any microsoft application you can use. Off the top of my head....what you can't use...I don't think Kazza works...but I have Limewire and its much better anyway.....

10. Teknic

Everything may "work" on a MAC, but on the PC it works how it's supposed to, and with the PC you don't have to "trick the computer" into doing it for you. :D

11. asmd

Hahahahahahaha, priceless. . .

My father has to work with computers for a living, and there is one aspect of his job that requires he uses software that is Mac based, so he has to use on, and he absolutely hates it. They were going to switch everything over to Mac, and they brought a couple in on demo, he says that they had so many problems with them and they want back to SGI's and PCs.

I never liked mac. . . my first Mac experience was a computer that literally smiled at me. . . . .

12. Teknic

:lol: Yeah, Mac's are garbage. Reminds me of the Internet Help Desk skit that was done. "Tell your parents to buy a Mac. It's a computer specially built for idio............ I mean, mommies and daddies"

And I bet your dad would hate Mac's. Probably way more than I do. I just like being able to change out any part on a PC, whenever I want. Not worry about what's built in. I like my CD-ROM's to have EJECT buttons, rather than throw them in the Trash. I like moving files, not shortcutting. I like 2 (and sometimes with a crazy old mouse, even 3!) buttons on my mouse. I love the scroll wheel on a mouse.

But most of all. I LOVE being able to surf the internet and not worry if a file, or a movie, or a sound, or a program is compatible or not. Because the internet was made for people with PC's! You Mac owners are hacking into our digital domain, and I want it to stop! :D

What I don't get is surely women these days realize that cute is not always better, and is quite often worse. So why the hell would they go and buy a "cute" computer and not care if it does anything. I know someone who bought a iMac because "It matched the colours in the office, and was less obtrusive than a computer with a big ugly grey keyboard and mouse, and huge monitor and box" (box being case of course). And I don't think the thing ever got turned on.

I like my PC's fast, and my Apple's eaten. :lol:

13. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:wtf:

any program with some exceptions? :ugh:

14. Dubsta

Right like the only one I can think of is Kazza. One exception. And take the graphics world, or video editing...everything is Mac. I don't really care how many of you hate Mac's, I love them, they have always worked perfect for me, and have never given me a problem...maybe I just know how to use them.

Oh and my Mac does have an eject button for the CD drive.

To me, a PC is a Mac, made harder so the users can feel important and smart when it takes them years to do anything.

EX. My girlfried was burning a CD the other day. I told her how to do it. Her reply was "Holy shit...that's it?"

15. Dubsta

But seriously, there is no point in arguing. I will never convince you that Macs rule and you cant convince me they suck. Just different opinions...

16. DJQ

DJQ

Your the only 1 arguing dude :wink: The rest of us are all in agreeance that they suck :D

17. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

I'm with you... you and I can be the R-C Official Mac supporters. We definately have 6 in our house... 2 laptops, 2 desktops, and 2 servers (5 of them are my brothers)

18. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Stick together, your a dying breed muahahahahaha :p

19. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

I'm b;londe, I've been a dying breeed since I was born, but I'm still here :finger:

20. Eisenflower

It's amazing that you have lasted this long, you know.. being from spryfield and all. :finger:

21. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

Same to you, since you know, people from Sprufield know where you live :finger:

22. DJQ

DJQ

That's dangerous... :ugh:

23. asmd

I want directions to this sprufield place. . . anything like spryfield? lololol. . . just had to say.

People can be pro mac or not, it don't make a difference at all, its all about preferences and shit. Its what you're into, and maybe it takes a special kinda person to like Macs. Different things will appeal to different people. I mean, majority of the pc world are IBM based people with a couple being Mac users. . . its just that the macs are what they prefer, and the IBM people have to accept that. Different strokes for different folks. We shouldn't be shitting on them, or arguing with them cause they are Mac users, we can just voice or opinions on what we think, but reeeeally can't make any accusitions (although, the guy in the video uses a mac and he tears them up).

Fuck. . . . some people like Macs, let them like them. . . their choice. Same thing as saying cars are better than these things. . . . someone apparently likes them, and its a thing that they're into!!! lolololololol :finger: fad much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Wolfe

p/t Firefighter - 24/7

25. Teknic

Those things are just scary :o

26. jc

jc
    in it

Macs rule

There were a couple of points in the video that were funny and a sad comment on the Mac. Unfortunately, they only really work if you don't think about PC's too much because as sad as Macs are, PCs are worse.

I like being able to surf the web without ever having to worry about a media file or site being incompatible with my computer AND not ever worrying about viruses, remote hacks and general security issues.

I like being able to select what web browser I want and have my computer stay that way and uninstall it by dragging ONE icon to the trash if I want to get rid of it. True for almost every program. And, you PC users are stuck with antiquated old IE without upgrades for at least another year and a half while us Mac users easily integrate the latest and greatest. And, if you want to take full advantage of the ever evolving internet you'll get the privelege of having to buy a new OS.

I like being able to change pretty much any part of my computer I want and have it just work. Never took me more than 15 minutes to change an optical drive, upgrade memory, upgrade HD, upgrade ATA or SCSI RAID, upgrade ethernet, firewire, or USB. I've done hundreds of upgrades on them and it is dead simple and cheap. And, I don't have to go through tons of documentation to find out whether it is compatible with my XXYYX motherboard and various other bits of info.

I like warranties on machines that survive operating system software upgrades. PC warranties are such a joke. They last until you install software on the computer. Hahahaha thud!

The number one support guy and single point of contact for the Sobig virus at Microsoft was, and is, a home Mac user. And, will never change after that nightmare.

Oh, and you can get on Kazaa with a Mac. Better yet, you can get on eDonkey (xdonkey), GiFT (Fast Track), gnutella, and pretty much every other network simultaneously with a very simple easy to use client. (If you want a gnutella client don't use Limewire on the Mac, use Acquisition)

I like having a computer that it on the very cutting edge of technology. I had a wireless network in my home before most people heard of them. I had a network in my lab before most people heard of them.

An iMac is (was) an inexpensive all in one computer that is not user upgradeable. Guess what, you can get PCs like that. In fact, it isn't even really clear when you get a PC whether it can every be upgraded or not (see the history of Compaq some time). But, you can get Macs where almost everything is changeable as well.

Probably the thing I like most is not supporting an illegally obtained (see DRDOS), and illegally expanded monopoly (see recent court cases) that does everything it can to stifle innovation in the industry. Nearly every computer industry expert agrees that Apple is the number one innovator and they do it 1/20th the budget of Microsoft.

For the most part, the comments here, and the video, just express ignorance. It really is sad that people feel they need to lash out against a product and company that, on the one hand brought things like the mouse, GUI, networking, etc. to the PC, and on the other hand does really nothing to negatively impact their lives. I mean, just look at something as basic as USB. Intel went public and admitted that they couldn't get USB devices made and Microsoft to write proper drivers for over 2 years. Apple came and completely changed the market for USB. Now we've got tons of easy to use autodetected USB devices (OK, sort of autodetected on a PC). Intel actually thanked them for the favour.

27. DJQ

DJQ

Someone get the guy a cookie...

28. krayzie

someone else got the last one

29. Dubsta

Nice post....

See...."don't be hatin!"

30. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

I'm with jc... my warranty on my iBook was awesome, and I get security and software updates all the time for my comp, just by being connected to the internet, they're automatic.

And many of you don't know this... the first wireless network IN NOVA SCOTIA that was not inside a single building was acheived with macs, I know, my brother did it. He also did a lot of product/software development with the FBI, and won out a battle against a PC based company to create a virtual tour of The Salt Lake Olympic Villiage for CBC based on graphics capability, and a program, built on a mac, that takes 360 degree photos.

If Macs are so bad, then why does the entire population of junior high and high school students in the Maine schoolboard have their very own iBook. They re-vamped their education system around the laptops.

Mac/Apple has made many marks on the map, firewire is the fastest transfer medium out there, the iPod, and the G5 is the fastes computer out there, mac/Apple also has the fastes supercomputer in the world. There are too many acheivements to list, the point is, a lot of what PC's have are a result of what Apple/mac has invented.

The Mac/PC war is pathetic and a lot like the Coke/Pepsi war, everyone has a preference, and each one has its own faults/qualities. :shrug:

31. Jake

:werd:
    LOL thank you sir....haven't seen it in ages.

32. Teknic

Re: Macs rule

First of, JC... Am I gonna really listen to a person who has 15 posts on here (at the time I read this). Well, yes. Only reason, I'm not totally ignorant. But you seem to be. Thing outside your little brainwashed box for a minute, and realize any SMART PC user DOES NOT buy a Compaq computer.... DUH! If you want to upgrade in the future, you need a CLONE. In other words, go to some computer store, and (for you Mac users who fail to understand how a PC works because of ignorance) get them to build it. Or if you are smart enough, then build one yourself.

Umm... Ask Leanne if all the media we post works on her Mac. IT DOESN'T! And the last time I had a virus was when I was on IRC and got a file from some person I didn't know, but I decided "I want this illegal file" and then I got a virus. Do you know when that was? Well of course you don't. But that was when I first started using the internet long long ago. Security and hack are only a problem for the un-enlightened people who don't know this can happen, and don't anticipate Microsoft's stupidity, and use a firewall. My server in my house has an effective enough firewall to stop hacks and stupid shit like that. Not enough to stop someone from hacking, but enough to block those stupid 7 year old kids who go online with cheap back door attack software. Bah.

I can select whatever browser I want. I just so happen to use IE because it comes with XPee, and it runs everything I want, and you can change it to suit your style if you want it to work different. I also have used Netscape on my computer with great success as a primary Internet Browser.
    But why on earth would I want to remove an entire program by dragging it's icon to the trash. I like my desktop CLEAN, and when I drag those icons to the trash, I want my programs to still be there. Every hear of UNINSTALL? It's a great invention. Makes program removal simple for simple people.

Doesn't take me longer than 15 min to change an optical drive, or hard drive, or floppy, or Zip, LS drive, video, modem, LAN, capture card, USB (which, by the way, I have 8 USB ports on my computer. 6 in back, two up front) sound, etc. How about a processor or motherboard? 10 min tops for a processor, and 30 min top for the whole main board. Yep. PC's are awesome. Especially when you have a screwless case. Everything just slides in too nicely. You know what the funny thing is, if you read above I stated it. But.... To upgrade my homebuilt clone is simple. Want a DVD burner, ok, any of them work. Want a new processor, just make sure it's a socket 478. Video card, just needs to be aGP. any drive you can think of, just plugs in! RAM? Not a problem! PC2100 is the worst it'll take, and it will take anything above that. Where's the issue there? Now if I had a Dell, well shit. You're stuck. But who on earth who actually likes to upgrade a PC would be dumb enough to buy Dell, Compaq, HP, or any other proprietary name brand PC?

Dude, who's the turd here. Buy a clone! I have a 3 year warranty on all parts and labour for my pc. You know why, because I bought it from a reputable company that's been around for years. They sell me the parts, and I can even put them in myself, and if anything breaks, if I'm not able to fix it, I hand it to them and they fix it. And the BEST part is, if my data gets lost, THEY CAN RECOVER IT TOO! Sorry, guess we're still beating the Mac's.

I'd still rather use KaZaA. I can find almost anything I want. Of course, I would imagine with over 5 million users on right now even.

I prefered how the Mac's had Firewire while Microsoft was struggling with USB thank you. Firewire owns. I paid $150 for a 3 port card when they first came out. Loved it for video editing. Wireless LAN? Yay. Something else to interfere with my cordless phone. And I'm pretty sure that you could've gotten some sort of network for a PC when you had a network. Base T at the very least I'm sure.

Wow, repeating more of the same useless brainwashing B/S. Tell ya what, maybe learn a little about the enemy, instead of just thinking every computer is not upgradable. Hell, I already proved my point. I'm wasting precious time typing a response to this part... Moving on!

I'm sure your beloved Mac is just too awesome, and all. But Microsoft OS's were made before Apple even knew what COPYRIGHT meant. How smart was that? I've seen documentaries on TV about all this shit, so I don't need to waste time reading BS posted by someone else who hates Microsoft. Well get used to it. I hate the American Goverment almost as much as I hate Microsoft, but neither of them are going anywhere. Deal with it. If Mac's are so great, then WHY are there PC users out there? Ok, I'll say one thing, I'd own a Mac so long as it was the latest and greatest. But you know what I'd use it for? Cutting video. That's it. That's ALL they're good for. And so what if Apple is a great innovator? Wait a little while, and a PC will catch up to whatever :D heh

You're right about one thing, the comments here do express ignorance. And your comments are a bright example of this as well. I'm sure everyone here is just a little biased here. But let me tell you this (if anyone has even read all this).... I have 3 PC's in my room, 1 in my mom's room, 1 in one of my brothers rooms, and one in my other brothers room. AND we have 1 iMac! You know what the iMac is used for? An expensive DVD player when it was bought. It was intended for video, but it's a POS. So it's now laying under a pile of dust probably an inch thick.

I just gotta say one more thing. Yes Apple is an innovator. But a mouse would've gotten invented at some point. A GUI would've. etc etc etc. All these things are what people demand in EVERYTHING --- Simpler interfaces mainly, and ease of use. I'm fast to put down Apple, but I know the computer era would be behind a little if it weren't for them, but I know the world would survive without them, and the world would DEFINATELY be a better place if people took their heads out of their asses for a second and realized that Mac's aren't life. Mac's are good for simple people. Meanwhile, the rest of the world works on PC.

I'm a PC fan, and proud of mine.

**Oops, very sorry for the length folks :)

33. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

Mark, I can't wait until JC replies to you cause he's gonna put you in your place. He knows his shit about computers. And if I wanted to, I'd do it myself, but I can't be bothered wasting my time, since you know, I'm simple. Your reply was very ignorant. Who gives a fuck what computer is better, it's the fucking internet and people are going to express their OPINION, not take personal attacks ans make insults for no appearant reason... and I take offence to you saying they're for simple people, the last time I checked I wasn't simple, so why don't you go drive your sunfire to tims and smoke some cigarettes and waste your useless time away. There's no need to get personal with this rediculuous argument, just as you like your computer, we like ours, but we don't go calling you retard who looks out of your ass :finger:

34. Dubsta

Go Dangergirl.

I don't know half of what JC does. But I do know one thing...Mac's are great. For what I do I would never use anything but a mac. If my employeer told me they were switching to PC(which would never happen,never) I would start looking for a new job. I have already turned down jobs because they were PC based.

I just don't like the PC, but I would not come on here and be an ass to people who use one...obviously they use them because they like them. I would not call someone simple because of the computer they choose.

Oh and that UNINSTALL thing you talked about......why go through a process that will take time to get rid of a program that you don't want...you mean you can't just toss it in the trash? You actually have to go though a process and UNINSTALL it? Ok.

Anyway...you can come back and rip me up all you want...frankly, I don't give a fuck.

35. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I think the numbers speak for themselves.

[​IMG]