Why is it.......

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by billybob, Jan 5, 2004.

1. billybob

billybob
    [OP]
    The Schooner, the better.

That one of my downloads on Kazaa was going super fast the whole time but the rest never go that fast?

[​IMG]

I know that is has to do with ISP's and connection speed, but 457 kb/s? I usually never see over 200 kb/s form the fastest users? What kind of connection would that person have?

2. Xtreme989

you can only download from another user at the speed they can send it. if you catch a file from someone on dial up, you may get 1, 2 k a second. if you catch a user on a t1, you may get 200....and if you are lucky enough to catch more than 1 user for the same file, all on higher speed connections....you will get super fast downloads if your connection can handle it.

3. billybob

billybob
    [OP]

So its a "you're only as strong as your weakest link" kinda thing....

4. Xtreme989

pretty much, when you are sucking files off someone else, you can only recieve as fast as they can push....doesn't matter how fast your connection might be.
    obviously a 56 k connection can't keep up with a T1 line....meaning if you are on 56 k, and they are pushing with a t1 you won't have super fast stuff on a modem either.

5. Dural

Insert something witty

I have almost every family guy episode on my ftp server. PM me and we'll set up something for you.

6. billybob

billybob
    [OP]

haha, you saw that huh? 8)

I got most of them too, but I misplaced a few cds full of FG, so I'm just DL'ing the ones I need. Thanks anyways bro, I'll let ya know if I can't find some.