1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who does ps2 laser alignment?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by 91bluecivic, Nov 18, 2004.

1. 91bluecivic

my buddy has one that needs it done, who or what shops do them in hrm?
    what does it cost usually?

thanks

2. The Stig

you have to send it to MTC in toronto, the sony store will ship it for you or you can google mtc for the address and shipping costs.

you are looking at $100 plus taxes and shipping to get that bitch fixed. expensive shit considering it will cost you about 140ish all said and done, and a now one has been around as low as 169

3. Stallion

4. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

Is your friend getting "disc read error" regularly?? If he is ,tell him to search around online for info on it. If he has any friends in the States he can send his PS2 to them and have them send it back to Sony for a "FREE" repair if that is the problem.If I can find the info on it I'll post it.

5. caboose

you don't need to send it to someone in the states

i had that problem on mine and i called em and they replaced it for free, i just had to pay shipping to get it there

the 70002 (i think) series has a known problem of the laser trak wearing out, so they'll replace it

6. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

if it has disc read error let me know... i can fix it

7. wade

I've got an older PS2 (version 2) and there was neo 2.2 chip (http://www.modchip.ca/install/ps2/neo22/neo22v123.php). I just got it taken out to install a new one but something is screwed up with the board and the new one can't be installed.
    Anyways now my ps2 won't play any dvd's. I've tried playing games and music cd's and it work ok but just won't play dvd's. It gives me "cannot read disc" Everything worked fine before taking out the old chip and the person installing the new one said that my problem would not be because of of the chip. Anybody have ideas?

8. jack

Mine gives the cannot read disk every once in awhile. I am prolly just gonna buy a DVD player and just use it for games.

9. STYLINator

Missy

Just last nite mine when a screwy, been doing it for a while......I was playing San Andreas, a mission that took me two days to defeat,I was almost done and then bang.........it screwed up for its last time.

I then unpluged it and continued to beat the shit outta it...lol I felt good after that. With this done, I now get a new one.....

I traded it to a guy for my 4 month old X Box, boy I got reemed, The thing always fucked up since I got it.

10. One_Trick_Pony

former RC member.

all you needed to do was take it apart and clean the laser lens with a qtip soaked in rubbing alcohol..... thats all i did and i havent had a hickup yet....