Who can help me?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Hornblower, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Hornblower

Hornblower
    [OP]

Well i'm looking at a 91 Civic DX thats for sale it's a 5spd 2 door NO RUST body is perfect it has new alternater battery and brakes and new winter tires it just got mvi'd and it's in sweet shape all around it has 158,xxx km's my question is he wants 3grand and isn't willing to budge much on the price what does everyone on here think good deal or not if not what should i offer?

2. 91bluecivic

go there with cash in hand, how much ur willing to offer him...he may budge then..

3. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

price is pretty much in the middle of market value. they're going from $2700-$3300 in toronto (autotrader). if it's so perfect, then sounds alright. take it for a drive though....check the state of tranny, motor, steering, etc. get a mechanic to put it on a lift and check it out underneith.

also, the period key is located between the comma and question mark key. :finger:

4. Eisenflower

Well, 3 grand is about right for what people are asking and selling those cars for in that suggested shape that it may be in. However, even though they may be selling for that I can't imagine spending 3000 bucks on a 89 Civic Hatch DX. The market is there, thus why the pricing is rediculous on those cars however, I wouldn't want one bad enough to buy into that market. To buy an 88-91 Civic hatch or CRX you pay what the high demand market requires in order to get your hands on a descent one.

If you had an extra 3000 to boot you could start looking at 96 DX Hatches with roughly the same amount of mileage and most likely the condition of the vehicle would be better, as it is a newer car.

5. Hornblower

Hornblower
    [OP]

What are you the grammer police?

Well I'm gonna take it to a mechanic see what they say I'm thinking of offering like 2600 or something like that.

6. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

No, i'm not the grammar police...i'm the "make it alot easier to read police". It's hard to read one giant run-on sentence.