Whats your racing Background???

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Mitch, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Mitch

Mitch
    [OP]

what you got for a racing background???

The only background I got is little go karts.... and then into Legends Racing with the little 34 ford coupes at scotia scpeedworld......fuck I love them lil' cars!!!!!!

ANyone else?

2. AcidGord

Pretty much just 1.5 years of Solo 2 at this point. Solo 1 this year if I can keep my damn schedule open enough. I haven't even been able to hit Kartbahn as much as I'd have liked to over the years.

3. E Dubbin

15 years of video games
    plus i watched fast and the furious and biker boys a few times too.. thats gotta count for something

4. Chris

Sandbar..anywhere better?

the only experience I have is 10 yrs of straight line ........

5. STYLINator

Missy

I taught Jeff Gordon all he knows!

6. Eisenflower

So in other words, not a whole lot of actual "racing" experience? :lol:

7. DJQ

DJQ

"Driving in a straight line isn't racing", not as much as those 2 or 3 solo events you got under your belt eh? :rolleyes:

8. Chris

Sandbar..anywhere better?

you tell him Q.......we had a couple close runs....lol.......gas brakes....gas brakes....lol

9. Eisenflower

Well smartass, notice that I didn't even comment that I had any racing experience? I virtually have none (aside from racing motorcross at a young age), therefore I didn't say that I had experience.

Secondly, when it comes to straight line racing, aside from shifting a manual transmission car, there is no other skill involved. You can argue this point all you want, but it won't change my views. If the car you were racing in a straight line were an automatic, what skill would there be involed? None!

10. stu mccrea

Straight line racing = :gay: :pissed: :ugh:

give me a break, my monkey could race straight lines...... Racing experience is road racing, solo 1 or solo 2 counts, but thats amatuer or grassroots level of the sport. The only two people that i know on this board that have "race experience" are steve and paul. Bear in mind i have raced solo for a few years and done tons of track driving.

But straight line race sucks...........

11. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

2 years of solo2 and solo1, as well as 3 or 4 years of recreational karting.

solo2 ASCC class champ 2 years running, 2nd & 3rd place overall in club points. Also, ARMS class champ last year, 2nd this year. Not too bad for my first two seasons!!

...not to toot my own horn though 8)

12. pmachan

Going on my 8th year of Solo II, started part time in '96, 1997 ARMS rookie of the year.
    4th? Year of Solo I, I dunno exactly, been doing it since it started a few years ago.
    Lots of karting, schools here and other places.
    3rd year road racing a GT-1 Corvette.
    Mechanic on a CGTCC team with a Trans-Am Camaro for 4 years, also raced in HSR and SVRA.
    2004--- still driving the Corvette, plus lead mechanic on a Maritime Pro Stock car with former co-driver, his 1st season, gonna be a busy year.
    Racing has been a big part of my life for several years.

13. PirateSteve

Why?? why?? why???? Man roundy round is gonna be a big let down for Aaron. But there is some prize money AND sponsors anyway.

Me, I've been doing solo II since 98, done a few solo I's when I had the time, and racing an ITB Scirocco for the last 5 years.

This year I'll hopefully be around for more Solo events, might take the street rocco to the strip for giggles, looking for a co driver for the race car, possibly doing the Targa NFLD either as a driver or wrench, and I'm working for a Speed World Challenge BMW team again this season. 1st race is Sebring, march 19th!!

14. ANGELL

Triple door fridge made it kid

you have a monkey

15. pmachan

I know Steve.
    But its the competition he is looking for, with the budget he has, its all that is reasonable. He doesn't want to race small bore cars at all, he is used to power and this is the only place to go, road racing big cars in canada is almost pointless now.
    I have talked with him alot about this exact subject, yes he is going to miss 175mph up the backstraight at Mosport, but he won't miss running by himself for a hour and spending 7-10g a weekend to do it...
    If you are looking for an occasional co-driver, I would probably be interested doing a race at AMP sometime.

16. stu mccrea

Yeah my helper monkey mojo.

17. AcidGord

18. frankster

coffee, the dark blood

NO car experince, other than the odd "light experience and back road runs" not actual racing.
    Got a few 1/4miles under my belt and 3-4 years of roadracing, on bikes.

19. bluenosersx

cart bahn

20. Eisenflower

Kart

21. Redshift

A couple seasons of Solo2.
    AMP Solo1/Solo2 school
    Skip Barber Driving School

Not much yet, but I'm working on that. Plan to do every school I can this year...

22. Jethro

Racing Is There Anything Else?????

Ok lets see, I'm an old guy so bare with me....lol.
    Started motorcycle roadracing in 83, raced various bikes (Kawi 550, 600, Suzi 500 Gamma, etc) at AMP til 89.
    Did motorcycle iceracing, held a expert plate in ATV motocross, all during this time.
    Started Car roadracing in 1989, 3rd overall GT, CASC Atlantic Region Rookie of the Year. Raced in 90 and 91 Moosehead GPs, don't ask never had any luck there. Won a solo championship in 90 as well. Raced cars at Shubie til 92 GT2 and ITB/C.
    Ran a hobby stock at Scotia in 1991, back when there was over 100 cars showing up to race hobby stocks.
    Raced various forms of icerace cars from 90-92, loads of fun and way cheap, wish they would start doing that again.
    Now, I crew and support my just turned 13 y/o son racing karts.
    www.chrismartinracing.com
    His first year he finished 7th overall.
    2002 he finished 2nd overall only 15 points back of first
    2003 Moved up to junior a year early and finished 2nd overall, raced at the grand nationals in Ont, finished mid pack only 1 sec off the pace, all with a 12 y/o chassis.
    2004 Brings sponsorship by Kartbahn, we will be running their Gabriel chassis with Colison power (from Ont). I smell a championship.
    Also plan on running select rotax max junior races at the Ron Fellows Series.
    Hmmmmmmmm, I think that's it.......... :crazy:

23. Muricane

MY AV IS ME

2 years karting
    9 years dragracing
    -->Made NHRA national dragster twice. :happysad:

24. Racer_23

5 years in may of stock car racing at scotia speedworld in the thunder car class also drove a hobby stock and sportsman just need more $$$ to move up