What would you do? Stray (?) Kitten.

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by PitBull, Feb 26, 2009.

1. PitBull

PitBull
    [OP]
    We want YOU! Join RC.

So in late August the neighbours cat had three kittens. They were left outside for most of their life - I'd never ever seen them go in her house. The mother disappeared a lot around that time. I don't know if she died, but every time I saw them they were alone (although I suppose they got food somehow).

Since December I haven't really seen much of any of them. However, about 3 weeks ago I spotted one of the semi-grown up kittens along the road. It was a bit skittish, but I pet it and now it's stalking me. Every other day it's waiting for me to get home from work. And this week I've been home late every night - 7 or 8 - and it still outside. If it's the neighbours, she's been gone for a couple days. I feel really bad for it as it seems desperate for attention, and it's fur is really thick from being outside all the time.

I kinda feel like taking him once and a while, but my cat's aren't up to date in shots as they're indoor, and there's so many strays here I'm worried they're carrying disease or at least fleas. I suppose I should trust someone owns it even if I think they're doing a shitty job caring for it. Just it's so fucking adorable.

It's outside right now on the steps. :(

2. 17

teenage dirtbag

eat it

3. Miss Shawty

:( Aw... Hard decision ...

4. Miss Shawty

Do you have a garage, basement .. where your cats dont go?
    Maybe you can let the kitten stay there.. its soo cold outside!

5. Leroy

@danackles29

I'm in the same boat, buts its like a dozen cats, and I can't get near them.

6. Stang

Go Buy a Ford

Take to vet for tests and a cleanup + (neuturing) - then bring it in.

:)

P.S. Pics ?

7. Leviathan

It's all in your mind....

Have you fed it yet or anything?

8. Shellie

Team Suzuki

9. midden

I LIKE TO EAT MITTENS

you must be feeding it for it to have become that friendly with you
    which is fine, cause i do the same lol. i would do what my dad did before he brought a cat from his work home, take it to the vet and have the tests done first before you bring it in....
    and because its an only outdoor cat, dont be surprised if it wants to be out or tries to get out for a long time before becoming comfortable

10. PitBull

PitBull
    [OP]
    We want YOU! Join RC.

I haven't fed it at all actually. It just seems to crave the attention that much. I haven't seen him today. I'll try to snap a pic next time I see him. He might have been around though as the cats were acting a bit crazy at the windows, unless it was another stray. There's lots of them around.

He probably has a home. It just bugs me each time I see him. Even more so considering it's probably not fixed (I want to call it a him, but I haven't checked it's sex). I also have no money to fix him/her. Otherwise I would.

11. PitBull

PitBull
    [OP]
    We want YOU! Join RC.

Anyway - an update. The neighbour brought her cat to the SPCA to put up for adoption. One part of me is happy she grew some fucking brains, the other part is sad that I should have just stolen it from her months ago.

It actually happened to be the mother, not a kitten as I said above. I think it was just the first time I haven't seen it pregnant. I think it's been pregnant 4 times since I've lived here, and I haven't been here a year yet. At least 3 anyway.

So anyway, talking to her recently, she was complaining that the park is picking up strays, because she was worried about them getting her cat as it's always outside. I asked why she didn't get it inside, and she said it doesn't use the litter properly. Said the cat scoops the poop out of the box or something. I suggest different litter or a covered box, but she said she's "tried everything". I just think she's lazy. And then she was complaining how it's always pregnant. So I asked she it hasn't been neutered, and she said it's always pregnant, and that she never is able to bring it in in time before it gets pregnant again (I'm guessing they can't neuter too soon after giving birth). I've thinking this is partial laziness again, or at least I hope so (the poor cat must be worn out). Oh - and btw - an unneutered male stray appears to living under her fucking house. So it's a good idea to leave your unfixed female cat outside WHY?

She said it was a russian blue, although it looks like a makeral tabby mix. She's beautiful though - big expressive eyes, and is tiny. She looks like a kitten as an adult. Anyone wanting a beautiful, loving cat drop in and put an application in. It's pregnant though, so she might not be in the system for a while.

12. Pinkette

They do kitty abortions...
    They can fix a cat while its pregnant and abort the kittens. My Dad and step Mom took their cat in to be fixed and didn't realize she was pregnant.

13. PitBull

PitBull
    [OP]
    We want YOU! Join RC.

Well then she's just a person that likes to make shit up as an excuse then. People like her drive me crazy. Treating it like it's some kind of disposable toy. Plus there are about 6 strays that were hanging around her house for the pussy (pun intended) and now they're visiting my house now harassing my cats through the window and pissing everywhere. Well - they probably would have seen my cats eventually anyway...