What kind of driver are you?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by DJQ, Feb 23, 2004.

1. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

I saw this on another site and it sparked my interest. What kind of driver are you? Agressive? Passive? Do you get pissed off easy?

Myself, I think I'm fairly agressive. I get to where Im going, not dangerously (well, sometimes, heh) but as quick as possible.. (I drive quick, but not crazy) I use the power I have at my disposel and basically just enjoy a wide open road :D I have a "moddified" car and enjoy it to the fullest at any given chance (wont zip through traffic at high speeds, but Im not scared to open it up on an open highway). However i find I get easily frustrated in rainy weather, and with stupid people who do 70 on the highway or the blinkerless lane changers as well as "left lane" drivers.. That shit pisses me off... It's not uncommon for me to hit the 5th to 3rd shift :D

What kind of drivers are you? Anyone else drive their car like it's stolen sometimes? :lol: :lol:

2. Foster

Toolboard

I drive my civic like its stolen most of the time...lol in a safely mannor of course :D

I'd say I'm pretty aggressive, slow drivers and blinkerless drivers piss me off super bad...

3. pmachan

I am fairly passive, I don't mind just going with the flow most of the time, I don't usually rush around anywhere. I can be agressive when I have to, I hate people who think they are they only people on the road though and if I get affected by someone who is driving like that I will react.
    I used to be agressive, but racing has calmed me down on the road quite alot.

4. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

I seriously think Im gonna get road rage at some point in my lifetime.. One of my biggest peeves is if someone cuts me off, I lay on the horn, and they wave and smile at me :mad:

5. Pottie

you've always been a little intense behind the wheel, I used to be like that, now I just say fuck it, you're gonna get there sooner or later. Usually, the agressive ones that go flying by me end up one car ahead of me 10 minutes later at a light anyway. I find the only place to make up time driving like a lunatic is on the highway, in the city it's gonna take you the same amount of time either way.

6. Foster

Toolboard

your right...it always happens..

I drive on the magazine everyday to go to work and I always see people flying past me in the left lane and like 3 minutes later everyone in the right lane is passing them all..its funny as hell!

7. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

intense? give me hp, im gonna use it, I cant help it :shrug:

Maybe the 2 times you've been in a car with me :D (And one of them we had that buick trying to chase us down for some unknown reason remember?) Im just a lazy shifter, Ill drive at 5 grand in 2nd as opposed to 3 grand in 3rd :D

and what are you talking about Pottie? hahah, 1st time I ever got in a car with you, 220 down the bi-high, the night you picked me up in the Neon I didnt know them things could be worked that hard, and the night I met you at Northcliff, VROoooooooooooooooooooooooooom... 5 mins later (heard ya commin from the lights) vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah,

8. Eisenflower

I used to drive extremely fast, now I'm to the point that 99.9% of the time I drive roughly the speed limit or a little bit over. I'll get there when I get there. Arriving at my destination 2 minutes sooner and having to drive like a bat out of hell just doesn't seem worth it, considering it increases the chances of having an accident, getting a speeding ticket etc etc.. Sure, everyone likes to drive agressive sometimes, but I keep it at a minimum on the street these days.

The only thing that makes me impatient is stop and go, bumper to bumper traffic. I'll drive twice the distance, taking an odd route to get where i'm going if I can avoid sitting in traffic.

9. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

Damn, you sound like you need a turbo or something to slow you down :lol: :lol:

10. Ed

Ed

I'll let you all know whenever i get my license

I'm pretty sure i'll be a laid back driver though... i'm laid back with anything else.

11. raven

Raven Autosports

That is me as well. I can't help it, I like to drive. Mind you I don't drive like that all the time, I am respectful of my suroundings but I will go out of my way (take the less traveled route) to be able to drive that way.[/quote]

12. Foster

Toolboard

i love to drive aggressively..but its funny cause nothing pisses me off more than when I'm not driving aggressively and someone else is..hahah

13. Eisenflower

:rofl:

14. Pottie

Remember, I said I used to do that, that time with me after the car show, I just wanted to show you that your civic was slow. And the time the other night, I was in a rush.....I told you that one.

15. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

Unnnh Hunhh :wtf: :finger:

16. ~SMAC~

*.¸.·♥εϊз loving it εϊз°¤

i will agree with u Anthony , and when people are in the pasing lane that makes me crazy like i wanna hit them!!! fuckers

17. IXLR8

I concur

I have a habit of being late for EVERYTHING, so I drive agressively and fast not by choice, but to get to my destination on time. I don't get pissed off easily at all, although there are few cases which drive me through the roof.
    - People who stop at yeild signs
    - Left lane drivers
    - People who don't get their nose out into an intersection to make a left turn when there is oncomming traffic.

I also find I'm the one who is smiling and waving if someone gets pissed at how I'm driving

18. Pottie

one big pet peeve.......turtle races

19. PirateSteve

I don't consider myself aggressive on the road. I do usually go 20-30 over the limit but I'll be in cruise mode just going along. No matter what speed I go I don't like having cars in front of me. We could be going 150 and I'd want open road in front. If there are left lane drivers in front of me I just weave into the right lane to go by, usually don't even slow down. Any risk I make on the road is calculated though, I know what my car will do at certain speeds and what it can't, and I always keep my eyes on what is going on around me.

20. Bandit

I Miss Summer

I like to drive fast....All the roads on pei are single lane so it makes for alot of passing. I usually drive bout 120 (speed limit usually 90). I am fairly wreckless(when i am alone)....swing alot of cirlces...drive on beaches...once fishtaled down a road at 80kmh(icey roads).

I use to a place called the A-Frame... i would get going about 30-40 in reverse. and see how many circles i could cut and how close i could come to the bank. Most i ever did was 2.5 circles and about 15 feet from the bank. Don't wanna roll down the bank haha.

I only drive a 91 pontiac grand prix.. but it will move. had it doing 185 going home from ch-town one day.

But it's all different if i have someone in the cars. I don't drive reckless with people in the car...it's one thing to hurt myself..but i don't want the responsibility of hurting others. I also don't drive like a maniac if i can see other cars on the road...Safety first.

I am also easily pissed off by people who drive slow cause there is alittle bit of snow on the ground. If you can see a worn down path to the pavement, as long as you stay in the groove you can go alittle faster. Also people who go real slow coming up to a green light then make you miss the light....

21. Evil_Jeanyus

Invisible mode

I don't see the point in cutting it close to save 1/2 of a second on my drive. I just go with the flow, I let people in, and I'm curteous... until you piss me off. Never piss off a driver whose car is worth more in insurance money.

22. Jake

That pretty much sums me up.

23. preludacris

Lexus IS300

I drive like I'm driving Miss Daisy