What is wrong..

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by HW, Feb 1, 2004.

1. HW

HW
    [OP]

..with my computer? I keep getting this fucking thing poping up outta nowhere...

I can't get a picture to upload, but it says something about RPC and how I have 1:00 minute to save everything on my computer and it restarts. everytime I try and download anti-virus software it stops the install and everytime I try an automatic update, it won't let me.

I just reinstalled Windows XP because of a previous problem with it, I haven't even had it running long enough to do an automatic update and I get this shit!

Can someone please help me out, it would be so greatly apprechiated.

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

when it pops up

click Start->Run

then type in:
    shutdown /a

and hit ok

that will keep your computer from shutting down... then go run windows updates

3. LMAC

_

i had the samething after you do what boots said and im not too sure if it is in the windows updates look for the RPC patch

4. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

also a firewall wouldn't hurt for future use.

5. HW

HW
    [OP]

K. Thanks everyone.

I did have a firewall enabled, but I JUST reinstalled Windows and had no time to install that stuff... although I should've.

6. Daver

i had that once, it was the "blaster worm" virus, i went on the microsoft page and downloaded the patch

7. Bandit

I Miss Summer

when i worked for department of veteran affairs this summer, i had to work with the blaster worm..Didn't infect many computers but fuck it was a big concern.

The had me running all over the head office checking pc's. and doing phone support for the departments in each provinces.

Had to do phone conferences with the RCMP, Provincial governments and other government offices. it was a huge concern.

But it only infected 9 computers for the whole department of vet affairs across canada before i left.