what budgeting apps are you using?

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Careers' started by David Puddy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

more specifically for couples and/or families?
    Something that tracks money in vs. money out. what the money is being spent on in general categories would be ideal.
    any input would be appreciated as i'm sure there might be some folks on here that use such an app.

2. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I'm not using one now but mostly because I was lazy in updating the app with new banking information when we moved from Halifax to Seattle, but I've used Mint in the past.

Honestly, we pay for pretty much everything with our Credit Card and our CC company does a good job in categorizing everything when we get the bill so I haven't really felt a huge need for getting Mint back up and functional.

3. Wayne

My RBC account started doing that automatically for me, but we track that manually for the most part so we don't overspend month to month.

4. dpwu32

Is it summer yet?

Been using Fudget for the last few months. Mostly just for tracking of our discretionary spending. I just wanted something very basic where I could give myself a budget at the start of a month, and can make entries against it as time passes.

Pretty eye opening, and has really helped us drive more money into savings/investment/debt repayment.

5. clicker666

Older lifter

Excel forever.

6. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

Thanks folks, I will check those out