1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Grifter

Bluh?

Under the arctic waiting for their double doubles from Canada.

17, KMD and Wayne like this.
  2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Saying you'll use them is the whole point of having nukes. Actually using them and signing off on your own destruction is a whole different ball game. When you're comparing two nuclear powered countries going to war, the nukes cancel each other out. It's over for everyone if they start lobbing those back and forth.

3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

You're talking as a rational human. Putin is insane.

Grifter likes this.
  4. Gooch

I wondered that too. But this time is different. I do not think he is stopping with Ukraine, then we have no choice but to go to war

5. Nick84

Crazy

6. Nick84

7. Grifter

Bluh?

Most of those are just flairs... :wtf:

KMD likes this.
  8. 17

teenage dirtbag

the last few are a downed aircraft, Russian or Ukrainian tbd

9. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

10. J0e Th0rnton

KMD and Nick84 like this.
  11. Scott

rawr

upload_2022-2-25_8-2-30.png

RoryTate, KMD and Nick84 like this.
  12. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

How is it out of context? Trump’s ties to Putin are sketchy at best, including questions around the 2016 election and Russian influence on the outcome. For him to say anything positive about Putin as he’s on the border of Ukraine as the sitting former president, is intolerable.

chainsaw likes this.
  13. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

14. J0e Th0rnton

The headline reads "praises Putin" which he is not doing. Nor is he condoning the action. Which is what the nebulous wording implies, and it obviously had the desired effect on the sheep. He was saying the strategy Putin is using is intelligent. That is not praise for the actions. It's acknowledgement of strategy. 2 very very different things.

Then Trump makes some full of shit claims that it would not have happened under his watch and he could have stopped it . If you want to shit on that part. Power to you. I do the same.

But for a guy complaining about the media bias just a day ago and how you wish they would stop the sensationalist partisan stuff, you sure do get taken in by it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    KMD and Nick84 like this.
  15. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I disagree with your assessment that Trump's words could not be viewed as praising Putin. If you do more reading, you'll see a long history of Trump doing so, including exonerating him for any wrong doing in the 2016 election just because Putin said so. Calling someone intelligent is praise, especially coming from someone like Trump.

16. J0e Th0rnton

I think this nonsense is just clickbait distraction from the pain and suffering going on in Ukraine. Who gives a fuck what the former and hopefully never again dope says? All people sharing this shit are doing is keeping him in the limelight when he should be a bad memory.

Trudeau is on record giving a public speech saying he admires China's dictatorship powers because it allowed them to turn their economy around on a dime.
    "that's not how he meant it"

Nick84 and Grifter like this.
  17. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I didn’t vote for Trudeau so I’m not sure why he is brought up as the opposite of Trump again and again.

Trump is still important because he is still a viable GOP candidate in the next election and has a ton of influence over members of that party in general. It’s also worth looking at his ties to Russia and the influence Russia had in the 2016 US election.

Similar to my comment to Boots about Putin - these are not rational human beings who think about things in the way you or I might do just pretending they don’t exist doesn’t mean they don’t have influence or will use that influence in crazy ways we can’t predict.

chainsaw likes this.
  18. Scott

rawr

19. C. Mike Hunt

20. Grifter

Bluh?

Cant believe he could still be allowed to run again. That's legit scary...

21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

That won't do anything but that's pretty cool. It's too bad Russia only produces two products, vodka and gas. Makes boycotts hard.

22. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

It really doesn’t do much when the product has already been paid for.

Grifter, KMD and Wayne like this.
  23. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

They’ll just put it in the back into this is over and then bring it back out. They aren’t going to flush it down the shitter.

KMD likes this.
  24. Nick84

25. KMD

KMD

You can't argue with him he has Trump Derangement Syndrome and he just see red when ever Trump is mentioned.
    Also he didn't vote for Trudeau :lol: like voting NDP because we just saw what they will sell out for.

Grifter likes this.
  26. KMD

KMD

BC just did it as well :shrug2: don't drink it anyway

27. Scott

rawr

Maybe they can send it to Ukraine to use as Molotovs

28. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I laugh whenever you throw out TDS. I’m assuming you do it to try and get a rise out of me?

I *do* think there are world leaders out there who are dangerous beyond what people give them credit for - Putin and Trump top that list. I know there are folks on here who would try to put Trudeau on that list - that’s a derangement syndrome if only because Canada doesn’t hold enough world power even if it were true.

Grifter likes this.
  29. Grifter

Bluh?

I agree 100%. Canada can't do shit on a world scale. Putin and Trump would top mine as well. I hate Trudeau. But I'm not on that list fyi. He can just make our country worse. Won't actually ruin it. More of an annoyance and inconvenience if I'm speaking truthfully and not ranting or venting....

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  30. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

4D8EAA05-CF2A-461C-ADD0-34D0934DCECB.jpeg

Grifter and KMD like this.
  31. KMD

KMD

Yes I do but I do think you have a Wee obsession with him :bounce:. Like when you leave the city you go on about the rural folk like they are second class citizens. So quick to judge just based on a political choice, so much for the tolerant left. You don't know these people from Job. Whoops sorry BootsBoots bible reference :evil:
    I understand your point about the leaders but I think the MAD is a thing that both sides take seriously and are not going to fuck around with.
    Now Trudeau is dangerous if any leader is and not to the world but to this country. We are reaching a 30 yr record high inflation. Now I am pretty sure I have brought this up here before but back in the late 1980's the mortgage rates on houses were 20% Just google that shit if you want some scary reading. Also our deficit is out of control and into the Trillions now and that scares the shit out of me.
    People are going to start losing their homes because mortgage rates are going to rise up and they won't be able to make payments. Trudeau is power hungry and wants to make a legacy for himself but all he is doing is embarrassing himself and Canada.
    I love my country :canada: but I hate my government.
    Bring on the dog pile..... :bowdownro

32. Grifter

Bluh?

They're in bed. It'll happen in the morning. Did you see what happened to me today? :lol:

KMD likes this.
  33. Scott

rawr

upload_2022-2-26_8-39-55.png

Nick84 likes this.
  34. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Living in the States has given me a perspective on judgement of people based on political choice that scares the hell out of me. It’s one thing to live in Canada and shake your head at things that happen here - it’s another to live amongst it. Keep in mind in your assumptions about me - I was born rural and lived it most of my life. I’ve voted Reform, NDP, PC, Liberal.

When I post about my forays into Eastern WA, it’s mostly out of shock that I live somewhere where 98% of my neighbors are Democrats but I drive across a mountain pass and it’s 98% Republican. The divide between blue and red here is with a hatred and vitriol I’ve never witnessed in my life.

And it’s hard not to get swept up in it. Everything I see about the Republican Party here makes me shake my head at the least. It’s scary to me that I feel my LGBQT+ kids currently live in one of the most welcoming and safe environments for them but drive across a mountain pass and they’d live amongst people who think they’re wrong for breathing air. And, yes, it’s that bad and not an exaggeration - look at what’s happening in Texas and Florida right now when it comes to LGBQT+ rights.

So - my problem a lot of the time when it comes to you, boing, is that you’re trying to treat Canadian politics like the extreme sport it gets treated in the US and don’t seem to think that’s a dangerous game to play. Your painting of anyone who voted for Trudeau as antifa radical left-ism is vitriol, divisive, and only serves to push Canadian politics into the great divide I see here in the States.

Go ahead and dislike Trudeau for his economic policies but don’t sit there and put him in the same bucket as radical world leaders who deserve to be called out for radicalism. That kind of rhetoric only leads to a more divisive population divide that already exists in the US and it would be a shame to see the same thing happen in Canada.

Pottie, C. Mike Hunt and Grifter like this.
  35. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Forgive my ignorance but are you saying your kids are gay/trans or are you saying they support the rights of those people?