Wanna hear a messed up dealership story?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Dubsta, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Dubsta

Dubsta
    [OP]
    ::: pixelpusher :::

This shit is fucked...I will give just the basic points.

Before warranty ended - Air bag light came on.
    Fixed it for a week - Came back on.
    Fixed it again, charged me $60 - Came Back on.(still warranty work)

Took the car to another dealer in Freddy(700 kms away) they told me that it is warranty work, and if my dealer won't fix it for free, they will.

Recently, took the car back in. I'm getting sick of this light. It means the fucking air bags are not working. The air bag in the seat needs to be replaced.

They fixed it...charged me $50 - Light is now back on.

Just got the call, they need to replace the air bag in the seat. Which I told them that was the problem to begin with because that is what the other dealer told me. They said, the part is $400, + whatever the labour is. They said they will pay 80% of the part...but I have to pay labour.

So then, I asked. Why would I pay over $100 to get you to do it....when the other dealer in Freddy(which I am at once a month) will do it for free?

I didn't really get much of an answer...now I have to go pick it up..

What should I say.

ALSO! I was told at one point. "We would have to take your seat apart, and that is a lot of work...so..."

Basically, we are not fixing it...good luck. That has to be illegal, the fact they know my air bags don't work, which is dangerous, and they have to be fixed under warranty...but wont.

2. Halapine

Resident frenchy

i say call the customer complaint for the company, and stir-up some shit. I mean seriously, if it's covered it's covered.
    I've heard of Acura in moncton doing some damned crooked stuff like that for their warranty also!

3. Dubsta

Dubsta
    [OP]

Also, the car is no longer under warranty. But since it was complained about before the warranty ended, and the problem was not fixed. It is still covered...that's what the other dealer told me.

4. SilverMan

The Spud

Take it to the other dealer. Get it fixed properly (and for free)

5. Dubsta

Dubsta
    [OP]

Oh for sure...and I'm finding someplace else to get my maintenance done as well.

6. stu mccrea

There is a warranty on the parts they replace, usually 30 days or even 60, depending on part. Therefore they have to replace it.

Besides, it’s a safety thing, if they don't it could be a liability on there part and the manufactures.

7. John Doe

The airbags usually have a seperate warranty from the vehicle.

8. STYLINator

Missy

Not really, its considered an electrical thing, and I think in most cases, its not as long as the powertrain warrenty.

9. SPOONIN

this dealership that ure talkin about is fuckin gay....darrin is the service manager here in freddy...hes pretty easy to deal with...and he knows his shit..i would avoid most others and talk directly to him.

10. Snide

Go Habs Go!

Scotty, take it to Fredericton and get them to do it - Obviously.

make sure that you stop my the stealership in PEI and let them know why they lost your business and make sure there are other people at the service counter... good way to get some free shit!!! (oil changes, allignments, etc... My buddy does it all the time at Hillcrest!)

11. Brodus

In Sutter We Trust

which dealership where you having trouble at... i work at capital honda here in charlottetown i may be able to help ya. CALL THE COMPLANT LINE no matter what dealer you went to. they shoudln't be ripping you off

12. John Doe

Yes, really. My Integra has a 10 year unlimited mileage warranty on the airbags.

13. Dubsta

Dubsta
    [OP]

I don't live in PEI....I live in Cape Breton.

I picked up the car, and I was told they will not do any better than the 80%. So I said, "That's totally fine, I'm taking the car to Freddy to get the work done for free, thanks, see ya when I see ya."

Now, I'm gona call the owner dude, that is looking for the Jetta for me. Gona have a little convo with him about how I will not be needing him to find the car for me, because I will not be buying the vehicle from them.....and will no longer be taking my car for any service whatsoever to their department.

Fuckers.

14. Snide

Go Habs Go!

15. Dubsta

Dubsta
    [OP]

I know man..how did you forget that! :)

16. SilverMan

The Spud

Call the head office complaint line and file a complaint against the dealership. I would almost guarantee that they will investigate. You might get some free stuff from the car manufacturer as well. It doesn't hurt to try.

Also call the Better Business Bureau and tell them that the car dealership refuses to honor a written warranty. Stir up all the shit that you can.

17. bluenosersx

like a few people have said call the complaint line for vw !!! i did this with my old cougar for the ford dealership in pei (they ripped me off so many times) but soon as i called the 800 number no more than 30 minutes later i had a call from the service manager calling me!!!

18. Snide

Go Habs Go!

I don't know buddy, got way too much stuff on my mind lately...