1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Elections

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMD

KMD

Oh please Mr Racist? He has hit the nail square on the head on this, I am glad he is able to type this out. With my medications I have a hard time getting my thoughts out even when I am talking I will forget words and they are words everyone use daily :curse:
    Also no dysfunction down there :) and again I am flattered but not sure if you are checking or just trying to be funny.

2. KMD

KMD

Again hit the nail square on the head :bigup:
    I get upset about BLM when the org brings in millions in donations and the gives back nothing to the communities that their Peaceful Protest destroy.

Nick84 likes this.
  3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

being a multi National minority does not give you a get out jail card on racism.

4. J0e Th0rnton

Obviously. But your assertion is still completely unhinged woke logic and completely retarded false.

"Support this organization, or you are racist" is stupidity at its lowest.

KMD and Nick84 like this.
  5. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

See, it’s hard for me to completely grasp whether you understand exactly what racism is when you insist on using words like retarded and refer to me as woke.

6. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

The second part of that statement could have been made without the first part, for sure.

Just get used to the fact that nobody can talk about anything now without risk of being chastised from someone somewhere for saying it, because of today's cancel culture. Shut 'er all down.

KMD and J0e Th0rnton like this.
  7. J0e Th0rnton

You realize a factor in being "woke" is getting annoyed when commonly used harmless words like "retarded" is somehow offensive to you and you try to make it a point of contention.

If you get offended by the word "retarded", you must also get offended by the words "idiot" and "moron" and "imbecile", all of which are words created to define levels of mental retardation.

In any case, mental states have zero to do with race so again, you are trying to make 2 +2 =7

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  8. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Thabk you for confirming your level of ineptitude for conversing about these topics with a modern understanding of the state of the world.

9. J0e Th0rnton

Keep dodging bud. Using the term "retarded" , tasteless as some may find it, is not racism and no amount of wordplay or virtue signalling on your part can put it in the same category.

Let me guess, you also support the BLM anti vax stances being shouted loud and proud by their co-founder?

You can disagree with branches and methods of some protesters while supporting the overall message.

Your shtick seems to be trying to label things "racist" without actually responding to the points of whoever you are arguing with.

10. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Apologies. You continuing to use the retarded doesn't really directly point to your racism but does point to your lack of understanding of the moral compass the world has moved to and you've decided to ignore. I do sometimes make assumptions about why you might be making those decisions and I could be wrong but, in general, the type of person who continues to use the word retarded also has a low cognitive understanding of the nuances of racism and why their own views might be considered racist by others.

It's not wordplay on my part - it's just a simple observation. I'm not sure what you think I'm dodging. Also, just to complete the thought - I'm not virtue signaling, either. There is a long history of users on here doing that and I will admit to probably being guilty of that in the past. I am not saying anything about myself in all of this - I'm simply stating that some of the things you've written about Kyle Rittenhouse - the words you use, your assertions around gun usage in the US, as well as some of the topics you've chosen to not address in your posts, can easily lead someone to dismiss you as a piece of shit.

11. Grifter

Bluh?

Would you rather they killed him? Would that be a better story to tell?

I'll still agree with you he shouldn't have had a gun. But it just seems to be the norm for that area? Tons of folks were open carrying.

12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

My main point is he's just as much a shitbird as the rest of the ones causing trouble there. He seems real torn up about the whole thing at the bar.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/lo...n_ecca0c33-b9c6-5869-a211-660d07444de6.html#3

13. J0e Th0rnton

I don't consider the R word(Which i will call it since it bothers you) to be in any way relatable to a world moral compass. Its more related to a world trying no to offend anyone. The degree in which I will limit my vocabulary and put on bubble wrap because other people are afraid to walk in a world with sharp edges is limited. I grew up in the sticks and stones may break my bones era, which the world should bring back and reteach before the insanity of political correctness. I would never use certain words, which have deep rooted racist or homophobic meanings. but I am not going to stop using the R word when it is very clearly just a dig at a non mentally handicapped person's unintelligent post.

If you go down that road, soon you will need to ban every word used as a dig in the vocabulary. Dumb is a term used to describe someone who is can't speak. Does that Offend you? I wasn't kidding when I said the words 'idiot"(Which means someone with down syndrome with an IQ of 0-25) and "moron"(Which means someone with down syndrome with an IQ of 51-70) and "imbecile"(Which means someone with down syndrome with an IQ of 26-50) were all words invented to rank the degree of someone's mental disability by psychiatrists. Are you going to be ok when those get outlawed if society continues on this path?

Are you going to outlaw the words 'bitch" and the C word? The C word is right on the cusp of the worst thing you can call a woman to the point where even I know not to use it, and there is a widespread feminist movement to stop people from ever using the word bitch, bitchslap, stop bitching, etc

14. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Ah, the "if we let gay people get married, the next thing is we'll have is people marrying their dog" line of arguing. Useless.

15. KMD

KMD

16. J0e Th0rnton

LOL.

That's not even close to the same thing. You just tried to imply someone who is against compelled speech can't agree with love is love.

It's obvious you are not here for honest discussion. What you just implied is irrelevant and borderline trolling false equivalency

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  17. J0e Th0rnton

I don't see the problem with him going for a beer on a family members birthday. The fact that a few proud boys showed up and wanted a picture with him became typical media gaslighting.

They even jumped on the "ok hand symbol is racist" train. I almost can't believe how 4chan succeeded in trolling the left on Twitter to the degree that using this hand gesture got tagged by the anti defamation league as a symbol of white supremacy. "But only if certain people use it"

[​IMG]

18. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Few beers and redneck gang signs to pass the time while you await trial for killing a couple people at a protest you took a rifle too. Just sane things. You guys are mental lol

19. J0e Th0rnton

"Redneck gang signs" LOL

It's a commonly used hand gesture by all cultures and was used frequently by Obama during his presidency. A bunch of nerds decided it would be funny to see if they could troll the left en mass by implying a commonly used hand sign, as common as the peace sign, was a white supremacist hand symbol by tweeting it to several woke activists and implying it meant WP.

The amazing thing is it worked. Which speaks volumes about how insane and sheepish the woke twiiter mob is.

The ADL was embarrassed enough by being taken in by this hoax that they amended their statement to include its origins and then doubled down by saying "it only becomes a sign of white supremacy if a conservative does it, everyone else can use it"

For the record, defense tried to Introduce that Pic as evidence and the judge just threw it out because it's utter gaslighting bullshit.

The judge and probably most of the jury rolled their eyes when prosecution's line of questioning reached the "you play Xbox games like call of duty, which involve shooting other players"

20. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

However it originated is irrelevant. It's definitely become a redneck gang sign now in the USA.

21. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

How is it not close to the same thing? Retarded does not have the same origins story and abused usage as the rest of the words you seem to be worried you won’t be able to say any longer. It’s the same inane logic that was used by anti-gay marriage folks - ie: no linkage but use some contrived logic to make it look like their is.

Listen - my niece has a disorder similar to Down Syndrome. I’ve been down the path of understanding how hateful retarded has become in our society and fully support it becoming a dead word.

You’re only looking at it from your own selfish viewpoint - all of the “logic” you’ve posted about it is BS. Are you really that upset about not being able to use that word any longer? If it makes you feel any better, please keep saying cunt. I bet someone asking you what your pronouns are really gets you riled up.

22. J0e Th0rnton

Thus is the state of the world. One side uses a common accepted hand sign taught to school children, to forklift drivers as accepted and ok to troll the other side because some 16 year old internet nerds did it for the lulz and they know it passes off certain folks, and those folks rather than admit they have been hoodwinked like sheep and look incredibly dense, folks double down, looking even more like sheep at the mercy of 16 year old nerds.

Obama himself made a statement for everyone to not let these trolls win by accepting this narrative about a normal handsign he uses regularly, and folks ignore Obama and triple down.

23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You getting royalties every time you repeat this origin story? lol

24. J0e Th0rnton

I do so love pointing out that only sheep would believe it so, and how the nerds got what they wanted beyond their wildest dreams.

25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

However the ok sign got associated with racist rednecks, they've seemed to have embraced it wholeheartedly. Doesn't affect me, I still live in a country where it means ok lol

26. J0e Th0rnton

Its simply not even close to the same thing. Not even remotely. One is a matter of human rights and equality under the law, the other is emotional hemophiliacs demanding you amend your vocabulary by trying to pass laws and legislature because your specific circumstances and conditioning lead you to believe that its a thought crime to speak words not even targeting your niece, just drawing comparison to a lower intelligence. one is an issue of equality, the other is "your feelings", to which I say suck it up buttercup.

Once I realized that word highly offended you, I actually stopped using it. Because that is my nature in a one on one chat. but out and about downtown, you will hear that word with harmless regularity, from employees working to folks on the street, to conversations at Bars and nobody is cancelling it. The C word and the word bitch offend way more people than the R word, but I have seen you throw those words around harmlessly.

Regarding pronouns? I honestly don't care. I'd say as much if anyone asked me what mine were. Nor do I care to ask. Most of my conversations begin with "hey, what's up?" or "Excuse me, do you know....?". if someone asked me to call them "he/Him", I would do so because its my nature. If you make it government punishable compelled speech, then I would fight it tooth and nail, while still being polite to individuals who tell me their pronouns. if you tell me Its going to be law that i cannot discourage or talk with my daughter about her wanting a sex change before she is of the age of sexual consent, im going to fight that tooth and nail too, while supporting her if she chooses to after that.

KMD likes this.
  27. J0e Th0rnton

lol. 2 days ago a high school student in Hamilton Ontario got kicked out of her Co-op placement because the teacher put a picture of her on instagram using that hand gesture.

28. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I think you and I are closer to the same page than you might think - the distinction I see is that I simply don't use the term retarded anywhere as I know it is offensive to a lot more people than you realise at first glance. ie: I don't know anyone's situation. You didn't know I had a niece with difficulties until today. Do I think it should be a hate crime / part of laws that you can't say it? No, that's overkill. Do I call out folks when I see them using it like I've done with you? Yep. It shows ignorance and lack of understanding.

Now, with bitch and the C word - perhaps the reverse is true with me. I don't actually use those terms in daily spoken language. I've actually been cleaning up my vocabulary overall.

KMD and J0e Th0rnton like this.
  29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Just did a little look for the story there and can only find one vague opinion article. Got a link to the story?

30. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

Yup, would still continue to use it as though it meant "OK". Reminds me of an old acquaintance who got really pissed at me for calling her child a goof because he was being just plain silly about something. Turns out goof is prison slang for child molester.... I promptly told her I was not concerned at all about my use of the word, and greatly concerned about the fact she knew of that use of the word "goof".

The link to the actual story is in that same opinion article, but is paywalled.

31. J0e Th0rnton

I need to go hunt that story on reddit. I'll check after work

32. J0e Th0rnton

33. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You saw one paywalled opinion piece posted on Reddit and you're using that to reinforce your existing opinions. Might want to raise the bar a bit on your standards for 'news' or you could be mistaken for a sheep tricked by nerds.

34. J0e Th0rnton

Call Star news articles "opinion" pieces. Doesn't change the fact that action was taken against an innocent student because some member of the community decided they must report it.
    Even a single example of this shit is too much in Canada. The Ok hand sign is fine to use.
    That was the first one to come to mind because it happened a few days ago. There have been tons of these going viral with thousands of comments. Especially when it is a politician. "that guy in the photo with Maxime Bernier is flashing the WP sign!", "that Quebec politician flashed the WP sign"

its nonsense and needs to stop. that shit should not be making the news because it should be regarded as a non issue.

On a side note, ill actually buy the idea that the dude who did it in a photo with maxime Bernier was a racist:jackoff:

35. infatuous

Lol at these liberal retards getting more upset at the ok sign than they do when their own racist prime minister wears blackface. The cognitive dissonance continues.

Nick84, KMD and Grifter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.