1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Elections

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

They should all be in prison for life for their careless handling and use of firearms.

2. J0e Th0rnton

Not sure how you can watch the video and call it careless.

Kyle handled his firearm with near professional level expertise, better than most officers even, and literally only shot people actively attacking him. He was surrounded and being attacked by a mob and didn't fire recklessly at everyone. Only the immediate real threats to his life.

His only crime is an age misdemeanor, which carries a punishment of probation.

Nick84 and KMD like this.
  3. Grifter

Bluh?

True. I definitely agree with you. But he shouldn't have been there in the first place. He did carry a firearm into a situation he wasn't qualified to be in.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Neither of them should have been there. One travelled an hour and the other travelled over 3 hours to a protest they had nothing to do with... one armed with a rifle and one armed with a pistol. Both morons looking for trouble.

5. J0e Th0rnton

While that is true. It's still a misdemeanor by law in an open carry state.

The fact that the rabid mob smelled weakness and decided to rush a guy with a gun who was trying to run away without shooting anyone and cornered him multiple times giving him no choice just speaks to how rabid the mob was.

But again, these are your rioters. It's hard to care about a pedophile who raped five kids

6. J0e Th0rnton

Kyle lived 20 minutes away and worked there, has family there and spent the day cleaning graffiti before he was asked to help act as security guard. That's less time than it takes me to drive to dartmouth or Sackville. Using an arbitrary state line is just that. Arbitrary. Would you say someone in Amherst has no business in Aulac New brunswick?

Grifter likes this.
  7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

ahhh, I did a quick read on it and it said he lived further away in Illinois. Looks like he actually lived 30 minutes away. Problem with these violent protests in the US is that people travel from all over to attend them like they are some kind of entertainment event. That country is so fucked.

8. J0e Th0rnton

Agreed. Yeah MSM has been trying to write narratives on a few things. Chief points they ignore is Kyle's dad lives in Kenosha and Kyle worked in Kenosha. Part of the extradition argument was he paid taxes in Kenosha. He just happened to be with his mother at that time, who lives 32km(20 miles) away. He kind of regularly made that trip every few days.

But media spin is what media spin is

9. Grifter

Bluh?

I didn't realize it was an open carry state. Still hard to wrap my head around that! :lol:

10. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Washington where I live is not an open carry state but there are a ton of things it takes a while getting used to - little things like signs at my kids' school reminding people that they can't have guns at the school.

One of the reasons I'm always in favour of gun control restrictions in Canada is looking at where the US is. It is completely fucked and a slippery slope anywhere.

11. tribeachpunk

I'll be totally shocked if he's convicted of anything but the minor gun charge.

Grosskreutz was carrying his firearm concealed without a permit and wasn't honest about his possession of a firearm with investigators. He's been allowed to walk. Kind of surprised there wasn't a directed verdict yesterday.

[​IMG]

12. J0e Th0rnton

Canada's culture is totally different thank God. Not everyone feels the need to pack heat

To combat our gun issues, we need to crack down on smuggling. Which means cracking down on the reserves that border the USA. Nobody seems willing.

99% of gun violence in canada is unlicensed illegally smuggled firearms. The rifle laws do absolutely nothing

Nick84, Grifter and KMD like this.
  13. tribeachpunk

More than 80% of crime guns are smuggled into the country by criminals. The majority of the rest, they're unauthorized possessors (aka criminals).

Government's answer to these problems over the last half decade or so has been to target unauthorized possession by further restricted authorized possessors :lol:

Nick84, Grifter, KMD and 1 other person like this.
  14. KMD

KMD

I am glad you said all this so I didn't have to type it out once again
    Kyle Rittenhouse Is a HERO, he did society a favor.

:hsugh:

Washington State where you live is an open carry state BROTHER
    What is Washington’s law regarding open carry?
    No Washington statute directly prohibits openly carrying a firearm. However, for Washington’s law regarding restrictions to openly carrying a firearm, consult the statute at RCW 9.41.270. Please also be aware that the law prohibits possession of firearms in certain places. If you have questions about the application of the law in a specific circumstance, please contact your local sheriff’s office or police department, or a private attorney.
    This one is easier to read it's not the government site and lists the places you can't carry if you want to get a gun. #PewPew :elgranto:
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/wa-gun-laws/

15. 17

teenage dirtbag

He more than likely will walk but that’s the US gun laws. A 17 year old kid went armed looking for trouble and found it. I personally think that Calling him a hero for shooting his way out of it is absolutely ludicrous. Criminal records of the dead are irrelevant, it’s not like he knew before pulling the trigger. The whole situation and trial is a stupid media clown show, I don’t give a shit what happens to him

16. J0e Th0rnton

I'd argue he went armed like a security guard, thinking seeing those guns in a group would stop a rational human being in their tracks.

17. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

How hard did you get when you caught my mistake?

18. Grifter

Bluh?

:goatse:

19. J0e Th0rnton

We have a goatse emoticon here?

Grifter likes this.
  20. KMD

KMD

Easy brother I was just pointing out the error of your ways and showing you the path to righteousness.
    Why must everything be sexual with you? I know I am irresistible and it's flattering but I am sorry I don't swing that way.

21. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Ok, Mr. Burgundy.

22. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Bringing guns to a protest is a recipe for disaster.

23. J0e Th0rnton

:jackoff:
    From a Canadian law perspective, I agree.
    The police falling back and letting the chaos happen is a recipe for disaster with their 2nd amendment. In American culture it is expected, even encouraged, to arm up if the government won't fulfill their obligation to defense the people and their property. I can look at it empathetically from an American point of view and see how it happened, even if i would not do it myself.

But the police actively encouraged the militia and even thanked them on camera and gave them supplies because they were not allowed to intervene to the degree they wished to.
    Most rational human beings might lip off to the militia, but those guns would deter them from attacking the militia, which was the entire point. Until the irrational pedophile came into the picture and the people went mob mentality after the kid defended himself.

The honest truth is, the government should have ordered police to rubber bullet their asses and crash down with an iron fist when it went from protest to riot once they started burning down 30 or 40 buildings(edned up being over 100 with fire damage, 40 destroyed). But it was an election year and they had to play the part of virtue signalling politicians allowing BLM to protest and ordering police to handcuff themselves and not intervene.

The worst part about it is, they were protesting and rioting over nothing but bad optics when it came to Jacob Blake being shot 7 times. Jacob Blake climbed into a car full of kids with a bare knife with a woman screaming hysterically in the background that he was stealing her car and kidnapping her kids. He had just fought off 3 cops and tasers and pulled that knife and went towards the kids. And he has since admitted he pulled the knife on the cops and wasn't thinking. Which is why the officer was cleared and vindicated of charges.

And as predicted, absolutely nothing has changed in the states since election except for the media putting BLM on the backburner once again(barely giving it coverage and minimizing brutality stories and controlling the narrative), only to pull it up 6 months before election again.

KMD likes this.
  24. Grifter

Bluh?

Rittenhouse is testifying this morning. He broke down a few times and was describing what the first guy was saying. I honestly don't blame him for feeling like his life was in danger. Dude was fucking nuts and was actively pursuing him and saying he would cut his heart out. :eek3:

25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I mean think about the type of people who are going to grab a gun and go to a protest that's expected to get violent. These people are all playing with half a deck.

26. J0e Th0rnton

Feels like some folks think people should roll over and let rioters torch their businesses.

Would you be OK with police coming in and using all necessary force to put down the riot with an iron fist?

Because you have to pick one or the other. No universe exists where folks will just meekly let a bunch of mentally retarded protesters just there to destroy burn down their shit without a fight. They need to know police will concuss the fuck out of rioters and protect their livelihood, or they are going to rooftop Korean it up

You do realize bodies were found burned to death in some businesses that were torched during BLM riots right?

KMD likes this.
  27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Riots should be shut down by the police. Difficult part is that people like these ass clowns cause proper protests to turn into violent riots.

J0e Th0rnton likes this.
  28. J0e Th0rnton

Less buildings burned down that night than the previous nights and none burned after that night.

BLM riots turn violent because of people like the ones shot. They aren't there for BLM, they are there to destroy and use it as an excuse.

But any time police stepped in, the media had to call it "Trump fascism preventing right to protest" and politicians started handcuffing police from stopping it.

KMD likes this.
  29. Grifter

Bluh?

He went there as a first aider and was volunteering to protect a local business. He administered first aid multiple times that evening, put out a few fires. Was pepper sprayed in the first wave of rioters. Should he have had a gun? No. I don't think he should have. But it's not the same way of life as we have here. Seems like it's completely normal there.

Seems like a great kid with a bright future that went into a shitty situation trying to help and do the right thing. :shrug2:

tribeachpunk and KMD like this.
  30. KMD

KMD

You are getting as bad as the little guy here, you may have to seek counseling for this obsession you have with my penis :ugh: it's really not that impressive.

Anyway lets get back to talking about guns and how BLM is a farce. Okay, go....

31. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Gonna take a lot to convince me that a 17 year old kid who went to a protest with a rifle was just looking to help people. That's a great story to tell after he kills and injures a few folks but him carrying a rifle cancels out his first aid kid.

32. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Yeah, I'm staying away from the BLM is a farce discussion Mr. Racist J0e Th0rntonJ0e Th0rnton is trying to have with folks. Which is why talking about your erectile dysfunction is much more entertaining.

33. J0e Th0rnton

Where did I say that?

I pointed put that the lowest common denominator types like Rosenbaum use protests as an excuse to go destroy stuff.

Do you really think BLM wanted a white pedophile who raped 5 kids under the age of 12 and who just got out of a mental hospital hours before his death marching with them? Do you think Rosenbaum joined the protests for noble reasons? Lol if so.

And lol at calling me racist just because you don't like my stance. I'm a Japanese/native canadian who helped found anti racism groups like S.T.A.R in riverview new brunswick in the 90s due to the huge skinhead problem I faced in high school.

Saying assholes are attracted to protests because it gives them a ticket to cause mayhem doesn't speak for the cause. Just the people who go to them to cause trouble.

People who jump straight on the "your racist" train at the slightest disagreement are part of the current problem with society.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  34. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I honestly just have zero energy/interest to engage on this topic right now. You’ve made several comments about BLM/guns/etc that I disagree with. But you be you.

35. J0e Th0rnton

Yes. My opinions. None of which were racist or deserved labeling a multi national minority like myself "Mr racist"

Nick84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.