1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Accord

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by wylderhoads, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Redshift

Thanks. I knew that was something that would help them a lot the first time I saw it.
    With the styling of the side of the car (flaring around the wheels so much) and the size of the stock wheels, they really dominate the styling of the car.
    Going to the darker colour really helps "slim" the lines of it.

Now all I need to do is take about 2" out of the ride-height, and it should be good.

2. Shafft

RC-OG

back on topic.. the fucker still pulled on me on the highway with his boosted 3.5cylinder.. :(

3. Redshift

Did he really? Damn. I can hardly wait to see this thing run on 4.

Should we start a pool on how long before he snaps his first axle? Then how many axles he'll go through per season? :)

4. LMAC

_

Lucas hates his life now

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

If you seriously think it would be hard to sell a '92 accord, your on crack :rofl: Not hard to sell a $5000 car.

hmmm, do SRV's produce the horsepower honda claims or do I have to buy an aftermarket chip to bring them to stock power levels? Just curious.

6. Redshift

No, but I do think it's harder to sell a swapped car then a stock one.

hmmm, do SRV's produce the horsepower honda claims or do I have to buy an aftermarket chip to bring them to stock power levels? Just curious.[/quote]

There you go again. We already talked about this. Invalid comparison!
    I was talking about Prelude vs. Prelude-powered Accord.
    What is with your fixation with making references back to my car.
    If I wanted an H22, I would have bought a frickin' Prelude.

But, since you asked, my car does make what Mazda claims. The problem is, that is down from the original claim do to emmissions tuning. So, did I need to put in an ECU to get that back? Yep.

Hmm, very similar to the Hondata's with backlevel OBD that all the Honda swaps seem to be running.

7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

So lets see, you think I'll have a harder time selling my car because the motor has been upgraded ? :scratch:

Whats with comparing Accords and Preludes? They aren't even in the same class. If I wanted a 2 seater sports car, I wouldn't have bought an 4 door Accord would I? I wanted a roomy car thats comfortable and fun to drive on long trips since I travel my ass of for work. That's exactly what I have.

You tell me to stop going back to your car, but you sit here and bash everyone else's ride? Your telling me and Lucas we've basically wasted our money on our Accords. Then you proceed to go on about Flower and how many axles he will snap. Since day one, you've been totally down on his car telling him it's going to blow and he's wasting his money.

Give it up Dave. Nobody wants to listen to you anymore. Feel free to quit the site again any time you want.

8. John Doe

It is only natural for people to support the cars they own, which is why the two of you are on different sides of the camp.

Thing is, neither of your cars are German so one can be better than the other but it can never be best. :D

9. Shafft

RC-OG

ACHTUNG!

10. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I agree, but I mean come on. Flower just blew one of his cylinders after waiting for a month to get his car back and he's dropping comments about taking bets on how many axles he's going to snap? Thats just rotten.

11. John Doe

That is a pretty shit way to behave, but to give the guy some credit he does also get shit on when he posts a lot as well...

I mean, Flower is down.. don't kick him, I agree with you there completely.

12. Redshift

For some reason you seem to think just because somebody asks a question that they are down on something. I don't understand that.

I asked an honest question. I'm not trying to run anything down.
    I am a natually inquisitive person and I like to actually ask questions about how and why things work and why people do things so that I understand. For some reason, as soon as somebody does that on the Internet, people think they are looking for a fight.

From a logical perspective, I did not understand the Prelude swap. Finally, after how many messages back and forth, plus you taking runs at me, you finally responded with the above.
    Your requirements were for a comfortable 4-door car for highway use, that you could have some fun with.

Great. Then you made the right choice for you. Now I understand. Why did you have to turn me asking a simple question into such a battle?

I wasn't looking for a fight. I rarely do, but the fact that I actually ask questions seems to bring that out in people.

[/quote]
    Then you proceed to go on about Flower and how many axles he will snap. Since day one, you've been totally down on his car telling him it's going to blow and he's wasting his money.

Give it up Dave. Nobody wants to listen to you anymore. Feel free to quit the site again any time you want.[/quote]

Where did you invent that from?
    The first time Steve and I talked about him going Turbo, I asked if he was concerned about blowing up his motor, given it's age and miles. (Asking a question for knowledge, not to be "down" on anyone.)
    He responded that it probably would, but he didn't care since he'd just rebuild it anyway. I don't recall ever mentioning it again to him, until he told me that he lost compression in one cylinder. I have no idea where you invented the constant bashing thing. I would love to see where I did that so I could correct the misunderstanding since it was not intended at any time.

As for the axels, well, that was a bit of a joke based on a conversation Steve and I had the other night. I asked (see, there I go again, just wanting to know things) if he had a concern with that. He told me his plan, and it made good sense.

13. Redshift

Absolutely, I'm not kicking him at all. As per my other post I just made, it was a little joke based on a conversation between Steve and my self the other night.
    In retrospect, it may seem in poor taste if taken out of context. I'm sorry if it was.

14. John Doe

Ok I was not aware of what was in your previous post before I said that.

15. Redshift

No worries. It was kind of burried down in a long-ass post anyway.
    It's why I decided to specifically point it out in another post.

16. Shafft

RC-OG

Dave you "seek knownledge" in a degrading manner based on this topic.

17. Eisenflower

Wow, I wake up 8 hours layer and this thread has gone to shit.

As per Pats comment, some may have the need to defend their own cars, which obviously is true for alot of people. However, I certainly don't. If anyone wants to mock me or my car at my wallets expense, have at er'. I'll come back even stronger this spring, and i'll be happier than a pig in shit i'm quite sure.

18. Redshift

Well, in all honesty, I have NO intention of doing that.
    I apologize to anybody who may have interpreted things that way.

However, (and this is an honest question for future reference) how would I have phrased my initial question differently so that Steve would have answered it, rather then launching it his irrelevant RX-8 thread?

I honestly want to know.
    I had a question and I asked it. That's what I do. I don't sugar-coat it, and I don't try to make it derogatory. I just ask it.

If people choose to interpret them as degrading, I can't help that. However, if there is something fundamentally wrong with my grasp of the language and thus, the way I phrase things, let me know.

19. John Doe

You don't really have to defend your car, though... all you have to do is post a picture and it's over.

20. Redshift

Pretty much. Leave it to Pat to get to the point.
    Nicest looking Accord I've ever seen.

Speaking of which, I still have a bunch of it being stored in my basement.
    Steve, now that you have the big fancy garage (i.e. more space then me) do you want your parts back? :)

21. Scott

rawr

I think its all preference. Why anyone buys anything. Who cares. Why do people like Pay 40G for a car when they can find an older car worth 10G, put 20G into it and blow car A out of the water...because they want to. goes both ways. I like working on cars, tinkering with stuff, modifying them, so i dont mind haveing a 15 year old car. Its my preference. Same thing for the people who want to Drop a turbo on a civic or swap a H22 in their accord. its their preference. Doesnt have to make sense to anyone.

22. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You were questioning why I had done something and giving points as to why I shouldn't have done it. Thats what brought on my reference to your RX-8. Simply proving that people do things because they want to. If you wanted to know why I swapped an H22 into an accord you could have just asked the question the first time.

Interesting way to ask a question. Your one of the only people I know who take a paragraph to ask a question and not even use a single question mark.

Whats fundamentally wrong is your attitude. You can sit there and berate my car and the choices I made, yet when I mention your RX-8 it's totally irrelavent? Sorry Dave, but thats not the way it works.

23. Redshift

Boots, I've just read your response and I have to say, you are probably more correct then I am.
    I apologize if I came off sounding like I was putting down your decision.
    Not intended at all.

As for asking a question with no question marks, what can I say, it's a talent. :)

Feel free to question my choice on the RX all you want. I'm comfortable with it.
    I wasn't protesting to you questioning that, I was protesting to you changing the subject from Accord vs. Prelude to swapped Prelude vs. RX-8.

Mind you, it's all off topic anyway, as I think at some point here we were talking about Steve's Turbo Adventure. :)

24. Tiggra

Jersey Girl

Steve your car is hot!
    :lol:
    now, back on topic!!

25. DJQ

DJQ

thats funny comming from a guy whos fuckin a girl that could be mistaken for his sister... :shrug:

26. Redshift

Well, that makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with cars, but thanks for sharing.