1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To buy a GSX-R750 or not

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Bandit, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Bandit

Bandit
    [OP]
    I Miss Summer

I was into a dealership today looking at some bikes.... I have the chance to buy a 2004 GSX-R750 for $10,980 taxes included. The will store the bike for the winter if i pay 10% upfront, they will also get me the color i want. There would be no payments till spring time. Which by then i should have about $6-8000 to throw down on the bike. I am driving myself nuts whether to throw down the payment or not. I figure i could get the bike, leathers and helmet for $12,500.

Sound like a good deal or what?

2. frankster

coffee, the dark blood

I'm willing to bet that same bike will be cheaper in the spring when the 05's hit the floor. That's why they will gove you a good deal now, trying to get rid of this years stock. IMO

3. Eisenflower

Actually, now is alot better time to be buying a bike then in the spring. Chances are, that bike won't be there as a leftover since the dealers don't want them sitting around all winter. As long as you're not buying one at pro, you should get a smokin deal on any bike that's left in the showroom this time of year.

I bought my F4 back in oct of 99, and got a blowout give away price on it. If you wait till spring, you'll be spending more.

4. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

Go for it!

5. Halapine

Resident frenchy

6. John Doe

I don't think a used, raced Honda CBR600RR is quite the same thing as a brand-new GSX-R750...

7. random drunk guy

Ya gonna ride it home in the spring man?? That'd be quite a trip.

8. Redshift

If you are going to buy the bike anyway, then buying it in the fall like this is never a bad thing.
    I bought my 99 F4 and my 02 F4i later in the season when the dealership wanted to get rid of it.

If that's the bike you want, and they are only making you put up a small (10%) down payment, I'd be all over it.

9. wade

I can tell you this bike is in mint condition. He treat's this bike better than his girlfriend (but who wouldn't). I've been on the bike once and personally the 600 class bikes are alot more fun than the 750's.

10. DJQ

DJQ

The 600RR is a better bike then the GSXR 750 IMO.. Are you assuming its raced because of Rossi's #46 on it? or did i miss something? The 600RR would tear the 750 up..

11. John Doe

I'm not saying it wouldn't, I'm saying that a used 600RR isn't likely to appeal to someone who is looking at a new GSX-R750 for more than one reason... used, completely different, raced, etc...

12. DJQ

DJQ

Id take the RR over a GSXR anydays, off course Im partial to Honda :shrug:

13. random drunk guy

Bandit's been lookin at the Gixer's for awhile though, think his mind is probably made up. Just askin if it sounded like a good deal or not.

14. Wolfe

p/t Firefighter - 24/7

its a good deal if its what your looking for... go for it if its teh bike you want.

15. frankster

coffee, the dark blood

Call product finder first, IF this deal was through Pro. They always seem to beat Pro's prices on bikes. I have nothing against pro, hell they sponsered me for a couple years. BUT if your looking for the best deal possible call around.
    Product finder # 902-667-1844

16. E Dubbin

Q are you drunk or just being stoopid??
    the RR is better if your gonna ride on the track every weekend.. the seat is shit for any amount of city riding.. undertail exhaust cooks on hot days.. and the bikes just feel small . mind u they handle like a slut.. your really only gonna see that on the track.

the GSXR 750 is an all around performer and has proven that year after year since its bebut.. tons of power (way more then the 600 i dont know where your gettin your figures man)

as for the price.. thats retarded..tell me where its at cuz ill buy 2... that blows my mind the deal your gettin on it.. id say go for it.. theres no way youll be dissapointed with teh 750.. trust me.. ride a 750 for a month or 2 then go to ANY 600... youll wanna punch yourself in the face the difference is definitly noticable.. mostly in low end torque.

17. Bandit

Bandit
    [OP]
    I Miss Summer

yeah i am wanting to put the money down. Every person i talk to wants me to wait and not make and payments, they dont want me to ahve a bike, fucking family. i think i might make it soon

18. E Dubbin

dude when i bought my first bike. (coincedentally a GSXR 750) my family told me theyd disown me if i got a bike lol.. so one day i pulled in the driveway with it and said i boght it.. they sucked it up and got used to it.. haha

19. DJQ

DJQ

Personal Preference, so I must be just "stoopid" :rolleyes: Never said it wasnt a nice bike, I said it was MY preference. I've ridden both, and would take the RR over the GSXR anyday.

20. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

I was almost disowned by my family and my girlfriends...they get used to it....nothing they can do after you buy it...

21. millsey

I have the same problem, I live with my parents and as long as I live with them my mother will not let me buy one, thu I may just come home with one next summer.