1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This section has to be used.

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by MOMOSL, Dec 17, 2004.

1. MOMOSL

MOMOSL
    [OP]

I have a bike. It's a 82 nighthawk 450. with no exaust. I will go take a pic in one minute.

Be right back.

2. MOMOSL

MOMOSL
    [OP]

Here ya go.:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. r6bikerchick

Banned

Wow, what a beast!

4. Eisenflower

I see no pic, fag!

5. vero

I drive one of these as often as I can :happysad:
    [​IMG]

6. DJQ

DJQ

Buell, Mmmmm nice.. Here's my beast.

[​IMG]

7. MOMOSL

MOMOSL
    [OP]

Get a better computer then, fag!!!!!!!!!!

8. ChristopherClarke

Care to tell anyone how many times you've crashed it or other bikes?

9. DJQ

DJQ

Ooohhh. Pleae Do tell. She was the one giving me "Riding advice" I believe :lol: Is she a crasher?

10. vero

I am not a crasher! I've crashed once in my life, on the track, on Doherty's death trap CBX - there was more fork oil on my brakes than there was in the tubes fer chrissake! SO wasn't my fault! then I had a slow tip-over in loose gravel with the Buell, I wasn't moving so it doesn't count as a crash :p you try riding something with a 31" seat height when you have a 28" inseam.

11. asmd

A CBX? I've been looking for one for my father! Can't find one anywheres. :(

12. ChristopherClarke

It's only a lil 250 Steve.

13. Eisenflower

Has nothing to do with my computer, you're hosting your pics on imagestation (which BTW, BLOWS), your pictures don't work 1/2 of the time, they are called "red X's" FAG! :rolleyes:

14. MOMOSL

MOMOSL
    [OP]

Where's a good place to host then?

15. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Why would he do that? That would be stupid.

16. vero

huh?

17. Savage

Posting Free Since 2004

Here's my bike! I felt left out... It's a Honda NSR250.

18. DJQ

DJQ

He means why would someone try to ride a bike that was obviously too big for them.. because that would be stupid. If your feet can barely touch the ground, you shouldnt be riding it, thats dangerous.

19. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Nice.

20. DJQ

DJQ

THem older bikes are so square looking..

21. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Those two bikes are fast and light as fuck

22. DJQ

DJQ

What does that have to do with the fact they look like big blocks?? :shrug: Not dissing the bikes, just saying most older bieks have that square look to them..

23. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I wasn't replying to your comment. Just making another. :gtfo:

24. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

This is mine..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  25. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

Ahhhhhhh fuck it!

26. vero

well beggers can't be choosers, it's the only bike I have access to and the only thing I'd really be able to touch on would be aforementioned CBX or a Blast or something like that... plus as long as you have balance and can get one foot down it doesn't really matter how tall it is, I mean can anyone really touch on a motocross bike? my uncle can barely touch on his gsxr and he does fine :shrug: it was just a combination of bad footing and not having a lot of experience on that bike. haven't had any problems since.

27. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

You're the one that used it as an excuse. I guess that means....:kekeke:

28. DJQ

DJQ

So your saying 1 foot is all you need? If only 1 foot can touch then its gonna be leaning that way.

And there's a difference between "barely touching" and not touching. At least if both feet can touch the ground there's more stabilty. 1 foot in traffic is an accident waiting to happen

29. Savage

Posting Free Since 2004

Thanks Cheddar! I like it. It fits me perfectly. It's still not done however... I have no idea when I'll get it done either. I was thinking about polishing the frame this winter but I don't know if dad will want to strip it down and put it back together again.

And you may not like it DJQ but it was the only sport bike that I found that was small enough for me to ride and in my budget. I would love to have a CBR600 but I doubt I'd be able to ride one...

Good point about being able to touch though... that's one of my main reasons why I don't think I'd be able to ride a bigger bike. And imagine a CBR600 dropping in traffic... it won't be getting back up unless I had help. :(

30. vero

I can touch both feet tiptoes on level ground (not that you need to). and as long as I'm on pavement or packed dirt/gravel I'm fine, never dropped it before or since. However, that was one of my first times on that bike, which has really different characteristics as far as weight distribution and steering than any other motorcycle on the market, and I was on an incline on loose gravel at the top of the pits at AMP. my foot slipped out from under me, it could have happened to anyone. I'm sure I'm not the only person that's dropped a bike before. And all the people that I ride behind never put both feet down in traffic when you're stopped you're always supposed to have your right foot on your rear brake anyway :p

plus I'm absolutely certain that my dad wouldn't let me ride it if he thought it was too big for me or I wasn't capable of handling it in everything except extreme circumstances.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  31. vero

it's not strength, it's technique. I know a girl not much bigger than me (I'm 5'2" 100lbs) that can pick up a goldwing, I had a friend who's at least 5" taller than me and an athelete that dropped her R6 and couldn't get it back up but I could.

32. Savage

Posting Free Since 2004

Ummm... no. Why put your rear brake on if you're stopped? Front brake, yes, to stop you from rolling forward. Geez... you don't need that much brake when you're at the lights. If you're on a hill then you have your back brake on when you're about to pull away. That's pretty much it. Other than that just a little while driving. I put both my feet down at lights most times. Put it in neutral and just sit upright. I never use the back brake when at the lights. That's stupid and pointless in my opinion. Doing something that's not needed and doesn't change anything. Most people keep their right foot up to be ready to change it back into first. I like to stretch my legs out. Girl... you must get cramped up a fair bit if you don't stretch out your legs and back at a stop light.

33. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Actually according to the NSSC you are supposed to have both brakes covered at stops and keep the bike in gear incase you have to ger moving in a hurry. The again they want you to do shoulder checks every time to stop and go too. Its ideal, but of course i dobut mayn people dot that either.

34. vero

NSSC says otherwise. As do most people I've spoken to with practical experience. If you get rear-ended you're gonna need more than just your front brake to keep you from going into traffic. Not only is that what I learned in the safety course, but it's also what I've been told by my father and both uncles, who have over 100 years street riding experience between them. I've never seen any of them keep both feet down at a stop unless there is absolutely no one around in any direction. you can just rely on the front brake if you want, lots of people do, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

edit: good point by cheddar too you should have your bike in gear when you're stopped anyway.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  35. Savage

Posting Free Since 2004

Well do what you want but that's pathetic. Good luck with friggin' up your clutch by constantly holding it in when there's no need and Vero... if you get rear ended... no amount of brakes or being in gear will stop that car from going through you. You two are just making a harder time for yourselves when driving. My dad races Vero... so I think he knows what he's talking about to. No one has it "right"... use your own experiences... don't sit there rattling off what other people say. Being in gear I suppose would have it's advantages but really... come to a stop... wait for someone to come up behind you and then put it in neutral if you're SO picky about following the rules to a "T". And yes... it is stupid to keep your back brake on... your foot is better off being ready to shift into first if you're so worried about a car rear ending you.

Talking about your own experience is better off than talking about others and what others do. Drive the way it feels best for you... not the way someone tells you to ride because things change so often. Back when my dad was riding clutches were easily burned out if held in... and now we're supposed to hold the clutch in for a good 3 min.'s while waiting at the lights? See how things change? And what ANY course says, car or bike, obviously will over teach you. Tell you to do things that you should do... but I bet that you don't follow every single rule in the book. No one does. For cars... I was told by my teacher that it's best to honk your horn when passing so someone knows you're there. Do we do it? Did we ever do it? No. So don't pull all this NSSC crap on me. You want to make riding a bitch... go ahead.