The new Lexus commercial

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by markw, Feb 27, 2009.

1. markw

markw
    [OP]

Okay, who's seen that new Lexus commercial? It makes me so mad each time I see it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=536L-IdpXg0"]YouTube - Lexus RX450h ad (Canada)[/ame]

Way to use a pit to show how a car can protect your childern from murder dogs :ugh2: Fuckign stupid people.

Anyways, that's what grinds my gears.

2. dpwu32

Trash elf

A chihuahua wouldn't have had the same effect.

If they had have used a Dobe/Rotti/Amstaff/etc it would probably make just as many people shitty... :shrug:

Not trying to defend or say it's right (because it's not), but at the end of the day, they probably just should have left that part out of their commercial completely...

3. markw

markw
    [OP]

That's pretty much what I was getting at

4. dpwu32

Trash elf

GET INSIDE OF ME!!

5. Leviathan

It's all in your mind....

This commercial confuses me.

When I read Mark saying the car was protecting children from Pitbulls, I expected the theme of the commercial to be about safety or something....but it doesn't seem to be.

...then again, it seems to be showing "life" going on outside then car - with the flash of the gas pumps, then a quick flash of the "Hybrid" badge (rising gas costs?), being stuck in traffic (where he uses the GPS to find an alternate route?) and having to slow down quick for guys picking up garbage and stuff (it shows the speed drop on the HUD display) - but all this doesn't fit the "safety" theme does it??? It seems more of a "here are our options that will make life easier", no?

I really have no clue what the message is with the dog??? The car is so quiet inside you can't hear the dog bark? Is the dog just "life" going on? Is he attacking?? (and if so, I totally agree with Mark for sure) ....but the lil' girl (and her dad) do seem to have a lil' smile on their faces after we see the dog??

...and then in one scene, the lil' girl is looking out a clear window....and in the next scene, there are rain drops on the window....and in the next scene, it is clear again. It's also apparently raining cause it is wet outside and the dude has his wipers on, but there is no rain hitting the windsheild??

I now also hate this commercial for lots of reasons. :lol:

6. TheDirtyFresh

Force field.

7. DUKE

Alfa as Fuck

yeah this commercial doesn't make me wanna buy the car.

I like the amount of technology they put into those cars these days.