1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions for computer speakers

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by millsey, Nov 21, 2004.

1. millsey

millsey
    [OP]

suggestions for new computer speakers, blew the voice coil in my a open set with sub.

2. maniac

anything logitech with high rms rating.

3. Unknown_RSX-S

Id second that. Logitech makes damn good products that last from my personal experience. :)

4. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

And I'll third that.Althought hey don't actually have to have a high rms rating.I had a set of Z540's and they were only 40 watts but they kicked ass.

5. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

[​IMG]

A New Level of Immersion, Performance and Power

Creative GigaWorks™ S750 embodies the power of speaker technology with its distinguished capabilities that affirm it as a top-of-class performer. Designed for DVD, gaming and AV enthusiasts, this is the first THX® certified 7.1 multimedia speaker system that features Titanium Supertweeters which extend high frequency suitable for DVD-audio playback. Together with a large ported subwoofer that delivers unprecedented acoustical output with clean subsonic bass, Creative GigaWorks S750 delivers lifelike audio effortlessly.

This THX certified speaker system delivers unbelievable gaming, movie and music experience when combined with a 7.1 sound card, such as Sound Blaster Audigy® 2 ZS. What's more, Creative's proprietary CMSS‚ upmix technology simulates realistic 7.1 surround sound even with 5.1 and 6.1 sound cards. You can also expect a wide range of connectors including line-in, M-PORT™ and headphone jack for connection to stereo devices and MP3 players such as Creative MuVo® NX for your own listening pleasure. For an added touch of perfection, it comes with a handy wireless remote control that lets you adjust mute, power on/off, individual output levels and treble/bass settings to your own preference.

Creative GigaWorks S750 leads the pack with an impressive combination of power and speaker technology - the perfect 7.1-multimedia speaker system for uncompromising audio quality in your games and DVD movies.

Titanium Super Tweeter
    GigaWorks S750's each satellite speaker is enhanced with a Titanium Supertweeter capable of delivering superb ultrasonic audio performance for silky smooth highs in music, games and movies.

High Performance Mid Range Driver
    High performance mid range driver reproduces fullbodied vocals and well-textured musical instruments.

Removable Stand
    Removable tilted stand provides elevated sound projection to bring the sweet spot to your ear level.

Down-Firing Ported Wood Subwoofer
    Heavily reinforced powerful wood subwoofer with 210 Watts RMS power, features a large, down-firing 8" long-throw driver and a dual flared port tube for clean, strong, earth-shattering bass.

Feature rich Audio Control Pod
    This comprehensive Audio Control Pod incorporates a patent pending M-PORT™ for steaming music with compatible Creative audio players such as NOMAD® MuVo® NX. Besides having individual controls for front, centre, side and rear channels, it also features bass/treble/volume adjustments, mute and upmix controls. Furthermore, it has conveniently located line-in and headphone jack for your personal music needs.

Wireless Remote Control
    This speaker system comes with a handy wireless remote control that has similar function in adjusting your individual output levels, bass/treble, mute, power on/off and volume controls.

EAX
    With its seven powerful satellite speakers and a separate subwoofer with 8-channel amplification, the Creative GigaWorks™ S750 is an incredible 7.1 speaker system for use with Creative's EAX®-enabled products. This high power speaker system delivers a thrilling, high quality PC home theatre audio experience that meets the prestigious THX® multimedia certification standard. Combine this speaker system with the 24-bit Sound Blaster Audigy® 2 series sound cards and you'll experience the ultimate in high-powered, high definition playback of your Dolby® Digital Surround EX titles on your PC.

THX® Certification
    THX Certified multimedia products carry the THX mark of excellence in consumer home entertainment. When you purchase a THX Certified multimedia product you will be confident knowing that it has been developed, evaluated and tested to meet rigorous performance requirements established by THX certification specifications. These specifications include power handling, frequency response and dispersion characteristics. The THX logo on your product is your guarantee of performance, promising many years of crisp and clear sound.

Satellite Speakers
    Speaker Power 70 Watts RMS per channel (7 channels)
    210 Watts RMS subwoofer

700 watts RMS!!!!!! :o

6. GiPWeb

Me is I

How much ya looking to spend?

5.1 z680's
    2.1 z2200's

those would be my suggestions if price aint a factor.

G.i.P

7. Shafft

RC-OG

logitech's crank!

8. Arod

I've had my altec lansings for quite a while and love them. Will be getting some logitech's for xmas though.

Do computer speaker companies still grossly over-rate their RMS power like they used to? I would say that on most very high powered setups the signal would clip long before the drivers ever saw the RMS rating.

9. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

i just hooked my stereo to my pc

10. millsey

millsey
    [OP]

$100ish.

11. The Stig

Altec Lansing