1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunt pic of the day

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by DJQ, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

2. ANGELL

Triple door fridge made it kid

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:gay:

He should join the circus, I'm sure he'd fit right in.

4. vero

idiot. wear gear or stay home.

5. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

What do you call that Helmet on his head? Or the back protector/textile vest he is wearing?? :confused:

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:lol:

the moron is doing a handstand on a motorcycle... something tells me whether he has gear on or not is a moot point. darwin will get him regardless.

7. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

he's on a track, during a stunting event, with paramedics all around :shrug: cant get much safer then that. It will never be "safe enough" for some people. Although its safer then bombing around a track at high speeds :shrug: As far as boots, not very practical for what these guys do, they limit the movment of your foot. Great for protection, bad for tricks.. At least he is wearing a helmet.

I had a pair of boots I was gonna buy but couldnt even bend my foot in it they were so stiff, and all i do is just ride. I can only imagine trying to move around on the bike with them.

8. vero

helmet, ok, good first step. Icon Field Armour vest, also a good idea, covers your chest and back. Tee shirt, baaaddd idea. What appear to be regular jeans, also an invitation to some nice rash. Sneakers, not smart. I've seen someone who crashed at about 20-30kph wearing sneakers have that projecting bone on their ankle ground off. Also, the gloves aren't going to do crap either they look like cheap MX gloves made of nylon and rubber.

I went down at Shubie going slooowwwww (coming out of 3) wearing almost full gear (Astars boots, JR jacket, Teknic gloves, leather pants) and still hurt myself pretty bad (Concussion, crutches for a week or so, over a month later I haven't regained full feeling in my foot, bruised ribs). Because of this I ordered full leathers and plan on wearing them whenever I go out. This guy is probably going faster than I was and he has a concrete wall to hit too.

Is there a Mr. Darwin in the house? :lol:

Granted full-on race boots may not be ideal, but companies such as Icon make more street-oriented boots that limit movement far less. A little bit of inconvenience now, or having to wear really restrictive braces when you break your ankles?

9. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

I ride in jeans... and sneakers. :shrug: Jeans are the best if you dont have leathers.

10. vero

Had a conversation about this with Christie at Pro a little while ago... if you go down, denim disintegrates after sliding for 4 feet. Then it's just your skin and the blacktop. MMMMMM road rash... the sneakers thing I mentioned in my previous post. But hey, it's your skin. You want to go through massive amounts of pain, possible skin grafts, and have big ugly scars for the rest of your life when you go down (and we ALL go down) then that's your prerogative. :D I value my skin and well-being more than that.

11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:kekeke: finee is getting bike educated by a guuuuuuuuuuuuuurl :kekeke:

12. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

Hear ya on the gear....just got my leather jacket, getting the pants and boots before next season, also a better helmet....my current gloves are great.

I like my skin too.

13. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

How am I getting educated? like i said, jeans are the best IF YOU DONT HAVE LEATHERS.

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

and she basically told you jeans are useless :crazy:

15. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

as useless as they may be.. if you dont have leathers, they are the next best thing, shithead..

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

That's like saying if your going to fall out of an airplane, a pair of jeans is the next best thing to a parachute :rofl:

17. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

wtf are you talking about? If you dont have leathers.. which i dont, whats the next best thing you can wear? Ask any biker. Your just trying to piss me off

18. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

the next best thing? it doesn't really matter... if jeans are useless after a few feet you may as well ride in shorts!

19. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

but jeans better then shorts. Ive seen people who went down in jeans and slid quite a ways with no road rash. So the 4ft thing, I call BS.. It may START to break down but its not like after 4ft your into skin. Ive seen otherwise and jeans are DEFINATLY better then shorts.

And for the record, Ive already went down in jeans once. No marks on me

20. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I guess it depends.... Mavi's would only last 12 inches due to their soft material.. I bet a $20 pair of levi's would last a quarter mile :lol:

21. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

nice pic the jeans arent totally usuless but they do get thrashed after lil bits of sliding :( help better then nothing tho

22. vero

Double checked, it's 10-20 depending on the weight of denim/weight of rider. Leather provides something like 15 times as much protection. If you "can't afford" (IMO anyone on a bike should have full gear, buy a little bit older/less expensive bike and spend the rest on proper stuff) full leathers, Draggin' Jeans, Icon Jeans, Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants, all these provide much better protection than your average Levi's at a fraction of the cost of leathers.

most likely pure dumb luck. I've gotten road rash from falling off a bicycle in heavyweight levi's.

23. DJQ

DJQ
    [OP]

Id say you got the shitty luck then :shrug: I wear helmet, jacket and gloves everywhere. Leather pants? meh, Ill take my chances. I might get a pair of boots over the winter, but no leather pants for this guy, unless I do the race school next year.

24. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

jeans saves me when sliding for about 25 feet when i got in a high speed atv accdident ..
    ps doing wheelies past salt trucks at night isnt always smart :(

25. vero

I'd really recommend at least a pair of riding jeans like the Icon Barrier Pant but ultimately it's personal preference, and how much you value your skin. I just hope you never go down hard or fast wearing jeans, because I've seen it before and it's not something I'd wish on anyone, ever.

26. Jake

:pfft:

27. Pottie

I dunno, I went down ths summer in only jeans and a T-shirt around 60- 70 clicks. Upper body never touched the ground, and one leg of my jeans ripped on the back, straight down from my ass to almost the bottom. The jeans were fucked, not a mark on me. I suppose if I slid a little further I would have been screwed, but I sort of bounced. I guess it all depends on how you crash and how fast you do it. A lot of shit you see at stunt comps and shows isn't fast enough to actually hurt you seriously. You usually know that you're about to eat shit, and depending on how quick you think, can usually help make the crash be less damaging to your body.

I've been lucky to not get hurt too badly on the 50 or doing tandem tricks, the worst so far was a few weeks ago when I looped a highchair wheelie at the top of 2nd on the 50. Just another scar to add to my elbow, thats about it.

28. Jenn

Left Shark

I remember buzzing around on the 4 wheeler at Superbikes and I meet up with pottie, arm all bandaged and bloody. Pottie's poor arm. :lol:

29. Pottie

Same arm as the other week, basically same injury, I have so many scars on my elbow from this year, all on the left. I'm gonna have to start falling on the right just to even it up. I'd wear elbow pads, but they're too damn restrictive.