strobist

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by A~Photography, Feb 17, 2009.

1. A~Photography

ive been watching and reading some strobist stuff the last few days and i gotta say I LIKEEE!!! LOL
    i have a canon 420EX and id like to keep my eyes open for a few cheap flashes so i can play around more for gelling and lighting backdrops and stuff i am also gonna be trying off camera flash on a light stand with a shoot through umbrella with a friend over the next couple weeks outside

im also really interested in some spots to try witha friend outside so far im thinking the dingle (i know historic properties but its too busy during teh week down theer lol) any other ppl know some places with brick and stuff for background

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. SheOfManyChildren

Just don't overwhelm yourself.....you're going to end up more frustrated than you are now.

3. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

i agree. i have been trying to say. you have to learn the fundamentals...especially before complicating things further. you need to master one exposure per frame before you can start trying to work with 2 different exposures per frame. otherwise you will end up beyond frustrated. but lol nobody listens anyway so why do i care :lol:

4. A~Photography

oh for sure i meant in the future i just came across them so i watched :)

Oh im determined to nail the basics FIRST.. im starting to get exposure.. yay for me...

so should i just leave the flash on the camera for now? or when shooting should i be trying to learn it more off camera

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  5. SheOfManyChildren

I would be learning to properly expose WITHOUT a flash first.

And then composition....and THEN adding a flash. I think you're putting the cart WAY ahead of the horse.

6. A~Photography

oh ok... i thought i should be using flash from the get go that's why i searched high and low for one!

7. Andrew

Social Worker To Be..

meh they don't know anything :lol:

8. A~Photography

now now lol

they know lots id loVEEE to have there knowledge.. I just thought i should be learning with flash but i could very well be wrong...