Still learning about photoshop

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by wise_ali, Feb 20, 2009.

1. wise_ali

wise_ali
    [OP]

Hello all...

I want to post this ad I did. It's much more complex than what I am used to doing. I'll take any tips that you are willing to supply. This is only for use on our radio station website. I have no formal training in photoshop and little formal training in photography, so I am learning as I go.

[​IMG]

2. A~Photography

GREAT CAUSE!!!

sounds like a great day i'll pass the info around!

looks like a good flyer for the event :)

3. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

The only thing I see wrong is the quality of the image you used, there is a lot of noise in the shadow areas. Did you crop a low res jpeg?

4. wise_ali

wise_ali
    [OP]

No, I used a picture I shot with no flash, thus the graininess. I tried to use a photo with flash but I had a hard time removing the shadow. Although, that was before I added the blur, so I may still be able to use the better quality photo...

5. A~Photography

i do agree about the image can you get a better quality image? maybe you could find a local photographer to donate there time to take an image for the flyer??

6. Clif

Looks good. One thing I like to do to enhance contrast to the words is to add a slight dark glow around them... or a drop shadow.

7. wise_ali

wise_ali
    [OP]

Would this photo work better? Do you think that the blur tool would work to get rid of the shadow?
    [​IMG]

edit: I do have to say, I kind of liked the grainy image, I found it gave the ad a little character. But that is why I am asking the "experts"!

Thank you, I will try this!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. SheOfManyChildren

Yeah, I noticed the grain first thing too.

I would change the color of the fonts to something other than white, and also leave some room so the words aren't touching the border. :)

9. A~Photography

the quality looks much better to me.. try some with her sitting at the little desk turned slightly or bring her out away fro m it so it blurs a bit in the background

place her in front of a large window your back to the window that way she'd have nice natural light lighting her have her little vanity set behind her and maybe sit her on the stool facing you or even just have her stand there with nothing around her!

these are just my opinions as i am still learning and am not no expert... this is just what I'd try!!

also does she have a little table set and a tea set?? maybe sit her at a table with a tea set maybe some bears or dolls on teh other chairs.. it is a tea party your advertising for!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009