spyware?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Candy_ass, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Candy_ass

Candy_ass
    [OP]
    Go Int'l, or go home

does anyone have something that they can send me or that i can download from the internet that will get rid of the shit on my computer.....downloaded a free trial of somethign today it scanned alllll my files took FOREVER(my pc is a piece of shit btw even tho its new) then it asks me to purchase the full version in order to get rid of everything! :pissed: haha maybe this shoulda been in got beef! ah well!

2. boob

alicious

download adaware.

3. Eisenflower

Computer forum dipshit!

4. kitty kat

yea lavasoft adaware worked for me.. thanks to your local neighbourhood angel!! :wink:

5. Dural

Insert something witty

6. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

7. PUN

PUN
    RC OG

I use spybot once a week, along with nortons systemworks 2003 with updates everyweek,AND clear out my temp files. I have no problems with my computer what so ever, it's fast and never is anything slow, and im only runnin 256 meg, works for me though!!! and candy, kazaa is one of the worst fuckin pieces of shit for a computer like GUN=PERSON=DIE, KAZAA=COMPUTER=DIE,

If u try and run spybot on your computer with kazaa, spybot fucks up kazaa and wont work anymore, but this is a good thing, spybot removes shit from your computer that can harm it, so it removes kazaa, GET IT???
    kazaa has P2P networking that muffs up everything!! personally, I use bearshare, never have any problems with it, no problems finding any songs I search for, and spybot loves it!! doesn't bother it at all, and so again, if u do the 3 things I do every (sunday) for me, im sure your computer will run fine, that's if your computer isnt full and running on low resources :wink: try it though, you might see a huge difference

P.S- WHEN U RUN SPYBOT, DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE RUNNING, ie msn!!!

8. Candy_ass

Candy_ass
    [OP]
    Go Int'l, or go home

i just ran the spybot thing and already my computer seems faster.....and for me to say that my computer is faster is like saying hlfx never got 90 cm of snow this year.......my computer HATES ME!!!!! but i did however have msn running at the same time...so next i wont. thanks for the advice :wink:

9. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

Pun,Kazaa and bearshare both use the same network man.The are both on the fast track network.Bearshare has tons of spyware in it,you just got lucky and spybot replaced it with fakes so the program will still run.It will replace the ones in Kazaa also.You should however try Kazaa lite,much better than the original kazaa,no spyware.I don't use kazaa very much but when I do I have no problems with it .Have you ever tried Bittorrent??
    It is a bit more difficult to get used to but you never get a fake and you will never get a virus.

10. PUN

PUN
    RC OG

oh yeah I know that, but kazaa has that P2P networking, never had a problem with it with bearshare, and I don't have to share either so it's less traffic on my computer!!

11. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

You don't have to share with Kazaa either,it can be turned off. What do you mean that Kazaa has P2P networking? Both bearshare and Kazaa are considered P2P networking.

12. PUN

PUN
    RC OG

I know that but spybot works with bearshare and not with kazaa, the only bone with kazaa is when spybot removes p2p networking, kazaa wont work, and with bearshare, nothing is picked up :confused:

13. Teknic

Just run Kazaa lite for one, and when using Spybot S&D, just uncheck all Kazaa references. I used S&D all the time and never had a problem with Kazaa Lite... or eMule... or WinMX.... etc :D

14. Lolife

I downloaded it and installed it... It's good! I was looking how I could get it to scan automatically. Know how to set it for that? (spybot)

15. Candy_ass

Candy_ass
    [OP]
    Go Int'l, or go home

i just got that the other day...can't figure out that either! but i do it like every day or every other day now...when my computer seems slow!

16. Lolife

Yeah I got it to work, here's how: I opened spybot and went to the left side "settings" if you scroll down you can look in "program start" and set it to look for updates and also set it to start scanning on startup.. I used the "wait a few minutes to start scan" and a small timer pops up - you can set the minutes to wait before scanning. (let it download and update itself before scanning) I'm always connected to the internet. Spybot will not start up on it's own so I used windows task scheduler to start it up. :)