1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring(ish?) 2021 thread.

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Grifter, Mar 23, 2021.

1. KMD

KMD

2. Wayne

Start of new firepit area, staring with new garden beds on outside

received_349539153569486.jpeg

received_1439161116460701.jpeg

chainsaw and Nick84 like this.
  3. Grifter

Grifter
    [OP]
    Bluh?

We've been under crazy heat for the past couple weeks. And now the fires are starting. Just south of town there's been an evacuation alert and the air is blue in town. Check out the fire maps... Red is out of control, yellow indicates being held, green means under control.

Screenshot_20210714-210345.png

KMD likes this.
  4. KMD

KMD

It's going to be a bad summer we were so smokey yesterday it was hard to breath and there was ash falling on everything and we don't even have any fires that are that close.
    We had the heat wave before you and we are burning up here as well :eek5:
    [​IMG]

5. Grifter

Grifter
    [OP]
    Bluh?

Jesus. Yeah the smoke reallllly moved in here today. Not fun. Looks like rain on Saturday though and the temps are finally coming down starting tomorrow.

KMD likes this.
  6. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

We finally learned this year and bought some air purifiers for the house earlier in the Spring. “Smoke” becoming a regular season is not fun.

KMD likes this.
  7. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

After all the biking posts, forgot to post about the big one - 100 mile / century in the books about a week and a half ago. The picture is me at 4:30 am heading out. I did the ride as part of an organized ride with others but they had to cancel the 100 mile ride. Next option was 75 miles but after all the training I’d done, I wanted the 100 so I biked 25 miles to the start line to meet up with the 75 mile starters. It was a beautiful route in Central Oregon - after spending the week there, I’d go back in a second. The last 15 miles were tough - legs already tired, the ride finished with some rough hills. Add onto that, it was closing in on noon around then and the temperature was in the high 30’s. Finished, loved it, will do another one.

3AE2BAE4-F599-4160-A446-D9474E66AAB5.jpeg

BlackFire, RoryTate and MRA like this.
  8. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Next up - going bike camping for the first time Thursday. I was actually putting it off as I want a new bike that is more suited to it but I won’t have that bike until late August or even later. And a 1/2 marathon in August… which I’m hoping to turn the training into my first full marathon sometime in the Fall.