Some pics and vids from my weekend

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Davan, May 3, 2004.

1. Davan

Davan
    [OP]
    do what now?

First, custom off-road pipe. A retailer sells this thing for 200 bucks USD. Well, a couple friend's, one who owns a performance shop, went to town and here is the result:
    [​IMG]

And losely fitted:
    [​IMG]

Looks great, fits great, sounds great, without paying the rediculous price for the pre-made unit. Not to mention brokerage, duty and shipping! Total cost: 36 dollars for the mandrel bent pipe, and 40 bucks for the MIL cheater.

While we were at the shop, the shop owner was doing a custom ecu tune on this 99 Mustang GT with a Steeda Supercharger.
    Vid 1 right-click, save-as
    Vid 2 right-click, save-as

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the Mustang Dyno, this thing pulled ~255 whp and ~260 lb-ft, as flat as a table. Assuming 30 percent difference between a mustang dyno and a dynojet, we are looking at close to 340 hp at the wheel, and again assuming 15 percent drivetrain loss that's about 390 crank horsepower! Very very cool. The blower was screaming so loud I had to plug my ears.

And finally, my european front grille:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

*don't mind the bug splatters :D *

I couldn't put my red SVT Ford emblem on the new grille because it's a different size. The new grille has the flip-up Ford emblem that hides a locking hood release.

I think the grille looks pretty sweet! :)

2. DJQ

DJQ

That stang didnt climb the rpms very quick :shrug: I was expecting a bit more :sad: What was that thing revving too?

3. Davan

Davan
    [OP]
    do what now?

In both vids I missed the first couple seconds... but they set the redline at about 6300 rpms I think.