So The S&P 500 Just Hit The 600s

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by idrivemyrentsvan, Mar 2, 2009.

1. idrivemyrentsvan

:brows:

Would love to hear what people have to say about the markets these days... I realized months ago that I don't have a fucking clue about any of this shit and the market is a complete and utter crapshoot (luckily I love to gamble :o).

I just maxed out my RRSP (my first time ever contributing) on Feb 28th and maxed out my TFSA this afternoon in a triple leverage big cap bullish EFT... so I'm banking on us being close to the bottom, but who knows maybe the entire World will go bankrupt :kekeke:

2. infatuous

I'm holding off another year. I'll do the tax free savings thing, but fuck RRSPs. My own company seems to be the only one making money right now, so I'm putting everything into expansion.

3. dpwu32

Trash elf

I made a few extra lump sum contributions and more than maxed out my RRSP for the year (Had room from previous years). I've also put a large chunk of cash into income generating stocks while prices are down, and have the dividends re-invested in additional shares where possible.

Dollar cost averaging FTW.

My RRSP money will be in the markets for another 20 years at the minimum, so the current recession is more of a buying opportunity than it is reason to panic as far as I'm concerned.

4. Twopoops

Hidey Ho

You pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as my personal investments go. I'm not worried about it. This piece is from AGF's website, and just shows that large losses have occured in the past, and we have always recovered.

[​IMG]

That being said, people start to realize their true risk tolerances in down markets, and for myself, I'm fine with losing 40+%.