1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I was approached

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by PDizzle, Jun 19, 2009.

1. PDizzle

PDizzle
    [OP]
    2legit2quit

...at work today to attend a information session for...you guessed it, Primerica. I wasn't really knowledgable about the company but first thing that popped into my head, and my response when she gave the whole "How would you like to make 500$ extra a week working 8 hours?" was "You mean a pyramid scheme?" she described it as a pyramid but not so much a scheme. She offered to meet with myself and her trainer as we were talking about my student debt. I told her I would Google Primerica when I got home and I would get back to her.

Lot's of mixed opinions on the interweb.

I read the thread back when Jorser tried to recruit for his Freedom 55 shit...anywho, i'm obviously not interested, she was cute and I wanted her to think I was giving her a chance. Just wanted to share.

2. User1628

*tumble weed*

3. dpwu32

Trash elf

*crickets*

4. Majarvis

JENGA!

5. ingress

_

hey you are me, no I am you in the future

6. Majarvis

:rofl:

7. Strathmore

Freedom is being bold.

The weasel son of a friend got involved with Primemerica, made a ton of cash, too. Drove a new Mercedes.

But he is the type of scumbag scam artist who would sell fake 10 year securities to a terminally ill person to better their life.

He brings in a lot of new recruits and sounds like he memorized Tony Robbins entire collection.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  8. Bandit

I Miss Summer

i personally met a family friend who has become a millionaire cause of primerica.

Everyone thinks everything is pyramid scheme.

9. N / A

because everything pretty much is a pyramid scheme

10. Muricane

MY AV IS ME

You can make money with Primerica, but chances are you wont.

11. Twopoops

Hidey Ho

When I wrote my LLQP (Life Insurance license) exam, I was talking with a few of the other folks there and found out they had jobs lined up with Primerica and were attempting the LLQP for the third time. They were freaking out because if they didn't pass it this time around they would have to wait like a year to rewrite :lol:

12. watcha

Born Killer

Is it like Agel? you have legs that you sign up under, and build a business on others backs?

lol

the only person that makes money in pyramid scams is the originator, and maybe the first 10%, but the time it hits main stream those original people have dumped it and moved on to their next big scam.

I guess with Agel how they made it legal is you had to buy product and "sell" that product, but you really only made money when people were recruited....stupid crap

13. visual_kool

A friend of the wife's gave us a pitch for Primerica life insurance. If we would have signed up I wouldn't have had any coverage if the wife had died first since I was a rider on her policy. I would never buy from them and sure as fuck wouldn't sell for them

14. Bandit

I Miss Summer

if your wife died first, then you would have to get a new policy regardless wouldn't you? as long as she is alive you are covered?

15. Twopoops

Hidey Ho

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonW810i/R4EA Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.5.1.0.0)

Sounds like a problem with the agent not understanding what you were looking for.

16. Codith

You should do your research on MLM companies, the % of people who actually make money is below 1%, I read an article about a year ago on it, they took the top10 MLM companies and compared their "clients" net income, all were much below the initial start up cost.

I did Agel before, wouldn't do it ever again, and like it was said, the originators are the ones who see the big pay offs, everyone else just kind of fades away.

17. visual_kool

If we died at the same time, no coverage for me (and thus for the kids). Also, they explained that it was the same coverage that we currently had with someone else. This was an outright lie.

Oh she was well aware. The issue was that we had an existing life insurance plan, but we were about to renew. They were trying so hard to beat the other quote that they gave us a fucked up policy (which we did not sign). It was supposedly a 35 year potential plan but some things expired at 15 years, some at 20.........

18. Twopoops

Hidey Ho

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonW810i/R4EA Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.5.1.0.0)

So the agent was clearly pushing a product that didnt fit your needs. Lovely. Sad what some people will do to make commission.
    Salary ftw.

19. User1628

bump an old thread

a friend of mine got some schmuck to call me today about Primerica and was pushy as fuck. Claimed he made 200k (this info was not asked from me - he simply wanted to feel like a big shot I suppose)

him: where do you work?
    me: it doesn't matter. and I'm not interested in your services.
    him: but you can make lots of money and ...
    me: I'm not interested and I'm trying to be polite here. Save yourself and myself the time and end this call.
    him: *goes into speil*
    me: *cut him off* - yeah, sorry. You aren't listening. I'm not interested. Nothing will change that. I'm ending this call.
    him: have a wonderful day and if you ever reconsider ---
    me: *click*

fucking vultures

20. Hiltzy

make sure you give your friend an ear full

21. PDizzle

PDizzle
    [OP]
    2legit2quit

...but you can make lots of monies

22. Majarvis

I came in here because it said I posted, and I was curious/bored to see what I said. I +rep'd you for this. :lol:

23. Supa Dexta

I'd tell her I'd rather stay at my own job and make that, same as every other day with my feet on the desk.. :lol

24. bass_head

Topdawgg blows goats

just a quick bump for an older thread.. Goodie, you know me, as well as most of the older folks on this site. Although I don't have the post count that a lot of you do, I've been around for long enough to meet most of you from the old low motion days. I've been working with Primerica for the past 3 and a half years now. A lot of people have a misconception of the company because of others opinions which have snowballed. All I can tell you is my experience..
    I started working with the company back in December of 2007 part time while I still worked at Ramar Construction. In November of 2009, I left Ramar, and have been full time with Primerica since. The company has delivered everything they said they would, and have provided me with all of the support, from coming with absolutely no financial background.
    Does everyone who comes in to the company make money, absolutely not! Does it take work, absolutely! Do you have to have credibility with people, and talk to people, yes!! Unfortunately, most people who come on board with the company, expect it to be an easy, get rich in 3 months and require no work type of an opportunity :rolleyes:
    The company was listed on the NYSE last April and was the named best performing IPO of 2010. The company continues to grow, and always give new opportunities for it's clients, and sales force.
    Like I said, this is just my input, which will be much different than someone who worked with the company for 2 months, never got licensed, never did any business, and never made money.
    BTW, the company is listed as a financial services company on the BBB, not an MLM company.. Works the same way as any real estate company, financial services company, mortgage brokerage, etc. The only difference, is Primerica allows the RVP to open his/her own brokerage based on performance of the individual, not degrees/diplomas/seniority/etc.
    Cheers!

25. User1628

I know you?

26. ~*SuzieQ*~

wow Chris Mac from the dead! lol

27. bass_head

Topdawgg blows goats

It's been a few years goodie, but yes.

I came on to do some research on here to look at advertising and getting info on which daily deals sites people use the most, but I guess I can't post new topics!? I noticed this on here throughout my searching.

And yeah SuzieQ, I'm not on the forums too much anymore. Left the high school scene a few years back. Hope all is well!!

28. User1628

if we've met, I have no recollection of you

29. 17

teenage dirtbag

lol

30. bass_head

Topdawgg blows goats

No worries, I think it may have been through Matt Amon years ago, but I could be wrong. I've been around for far too long! HahaAnyways, like I said, I juswanted to give my personal insight. Hopefully I can get the issue resolved soon for the reason I came on here in the first place. Cheers!