1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singles

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Kimvisible, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Kimvisible

Kimvisible
    [OP]
    ♥ • ♠ ♣

Ok wtf?

My life goal was to meet a partner organically. Apparently you have to leave your house for that..

so I find myself on the online search...seriously, has anyone had luck?

any suggestions? after being super sick for 3 years I am back on the horse!!!

Guys: what profile catches your eye? any single friends? I cant do this online thing

oh and hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. Grifter

Bluh?

First suggestion is say is you definitely have to leave your house. Online is all well and good... But you're gonna have to go on a date at some point.... :lol:

3. Kimvisible

Kimvisible
    [OP]
    ♥ • ♠ ♣

lol

If you saw the shit females see

4. J0e Th0rnton

I never have and never will believe in the online dating world. I always believed in meeting people out and about, whether for a hookup or for serious dating. Most common places to meet them were bad ones according to most, including: Work and the pubs.

but it worked since I am married with kids lol.

5. Matt30

Met my wife on RC :shrug: :lol:

This place gotta have at least one match left!

I can’t imagine meeting someone new these days without some sort of online platform. What about trying a new hobby and maybe meeting someone that way? Although with all the restrictions we have dealt with and the new ones on the way, that’s gonna get way harder too.

17, KMD and Nick84 like this.
  6. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

My advice would be to start doing more group activities. You'll always meet a better caliber of person in a non threatening environment or a place thats not designed for people meeting. Start volunteering and start new hobbies...more hobbies always leads to meeting new people.

7. KMD

KMD

I am not single and can't imagine having to go through dating and all that again but here is my take
    I hate going out, absolutely hate it, but I do it now just because I have to get out of the house I have started doing the some of the shopping I am not getting all dressed up I wear my old shop pants and hoodie and there are still some very chatty ladies out there in the Costcos baking supply isle :lol: Just sayin

8. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

There you have it Kim, lurk in the Costco baking supply aisle, you'll meet Mr. Bake. :)

9. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Pro tip: they weren’t looking for a date.

10. Grifter

Bluh?

I haven't posted about it. But I am finalizing a divorce. Been a rough year. We have been separated over a year... Still lived together until June but in separate areas of the house. Just grew apart. Couldn't make it work anymore. Sucks. Didn't want it. Did everything to avoid it. But I guess people just sometimes grow apart. :shrug2:

I took some time for me to make sure I was good and the kids were good. They will always come first. But I got back into the dating world a little over a month ago. Couldn't do the bar thing myself. Feel like anyone I meet at a bar who's looking to meet someone... just isn't there for the right reasons??? I mean... I know what I was looking for when I was younger and looking to "meet girls at a bar".... Plus I just turned 37. :lol: I'm way past that.

I've been seeing a girl now and it's going well. We met on *SHUDDER* Facebook dating. (Steve, I give you full permission to jump on that one...) but it was way better than tinder or POF. Downloaded those and within an hour of each... Nope!

But I do agree with the advice of mutual friends. At least you know you're not getting roped into anything bad. If you are, they aren't your friends. Facebook dating...i went on a couple bad dates but the girl I went on the last date with and I have seemingly clicked. Going well so far. We both are single parents... Both want the same things... Not looking for hookups or casual shit. Just looking for someone to talk to and get to know and see where it goes. Can't really put that into your tinder or POF profile cause those folks be nuts! :lol:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Wayne, HairyAss, Nick84 and 1 other person like this.
  11. KMD

KMD

Pro tip: First what makes you a fucking PRO :lol2:I wasn't looking a date but just pointing out that they were chatty and again ...
    Pro Tip: Stalking me in a singles thread, what did I tell you about the homosexual stuff on here, keep it between you and BootsBoots I am not interested.
    I know I am one handsome mother fucker but please I love my wife and I will not send you any pictures so stop asking. :nuts:

12. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Nice job putting yourself back out there - I can't imagine it was easy to get your head around that!

Grifter likes this.
  13. 17

teenage dirtbag

rcers smooching on each other? Disgusting

Grifter likes this.
  14. Kimvisible

Kimvisible
    [OP]
    ♥ • ♠ ♣

I actually went n a date last night with a guy from Fb dating!

KMD, HairyAss and Grifter like this.
  15. Kimvisible

Kimvisible
    [OP]
    ♥ • ♠ ♣

bring out the web

17 likes this.
  16. Grifter

Bluh?

10 years. Definitely not something that I liked the idea of. But after time and accepting the cards on the table... I'm enjoying it now.

17. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

Get a dog and hit up the dog parks. Money money.

Also, hello Kim

18. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

Oh and I stalked my wife on Twitter. Worked great actually.

19. C. Mike Hunt

Am I the only one on here who's never seen it? :(

20. LMAC

_

you're not missing much, most of the people don't even post anymore and it was just a mess of lines.. also I never was never on it lol