1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Script or Macro?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Lolife, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Lolife

Lolife
    [OP]

Is there any program or script or even a macro that I could use to get my pc to navigate a web page on it's own ? ie: without me doing anything.

It wouldn't have to be much just a couple of cursor movements and a few mouseclicks.

I've never done anything like this before so I am not familiar with it. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Dural

Insert something witty

It depends, if you create all the pages yourself you might be able to do something with javascript and frames.

Not sure though.

3. Lolife

Lolife
    [OP]

No, I didn't create the pages..... I guess I would need a program that would allow me to "record" my actions- like whatever they are...mouse movements and clicks -- to keyboard typing..like whatever. Then "play" it and (of course it would have to be on the same webpage for the clicks to be at the right place, i guess) have it navigate on it's own.

see what i mean?

4. Dural

Insert something witty

Yeah you could do that with javascript and frames, you would have to create some on your own. However, it's not easy.

5. Lolife

Lolife
    [OP]

Well I've never used javascript before.... can you direct me to any info on doing that?