1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotia Speedworld

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Racer_23, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

just kinda bored so i was wondering who on here gos to scotia during the summer ive raced there for 5 years

2. pmachan

I was a spotter and mechanic on a Pro Stock team all last summer, so I was there alot, I will be there a little this summer a little, possibly helping another team a bit and spotting for mine in the spring when the driver returns from out west.

3. PirateSteve

I've rented it out for shake downs and motor break in's. We did a couple oval races a few years ago but we did Ex park and Shediac. Gas, brake, gas, brake, gas, brake :lol:

4. pmachan

Yeah, there isn't much to the driving of it, but I have come to respect the late model and up stuff, quite alot to the setup of those cars. We had a hard time with it, its a different game, and the racing is very hard on the tour and PASS races. Its not easy racing at all and hard to be fast over a race.

5. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

id also perfer to be in a road course car, the car i am driving use to be raced out at amp its the old number 6 crx (it was black and gray) it all comes down to the money i race because i love it somedays it doesnt matter what you are in as long as you are driving, in may will be my 6th season behind the wheel and im 22 its all about seat time and for 2005 we are running in the 6 cyl class 2006 going into sportsman

6. PirateSteve

Yeah i don't mean anything disparaging, i was only kidding around. The oval track experience I had was just average. I got away without busting anything up but a lot of guys needed serious help to get their cars back on the trailer. it just seemed that more of the racing depended on sticking your nose in where it didn't belong and ruining someone else day in the process. I like hard racing, and I don't mind rubbing a bit, but dive bombing like you have to to pass on an oval just dosn't do it for me. I like working someone for a few laps and forcing them to make mistakes. I know what its like to have someone fill your mirrors for a while and I like doing that to other people. I just know the times i've gone out to watch at Scotia, there is always a moron who tries to go where he shouldn't be and you end up with an extended caution. I find the respect level is a lot lower.

As far as the crx you have. If its the one I think it is, it may have seen the track a couple times out here, but not on regular duty. At least you have a good cage in your car, I've seen some things out there that scare me, one roll hoop with a door bar will do nothing if you roll the car at a high enough speed.

You should bring the car out to the track days they have before the races on saturdays. They lap all morning till mid afternoon for $50. Something different and you'd probably enjoy it!

7. pmachan

You are right Steve, the level of respect isn't up there like it is with road racing, but also all you usually get is a busted up car, in road racing you can get killed pretty easy.
    We learned the hard way about rubbing, and you are exactly right, alot people will just hammer you out of the way, don't care.

8. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

:confused:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  9. PirateSteve

Is there a translator in the house???

10. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

man, is your period key broken, or did you just decide to ignore the rules of grammar?

11. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

lol its broke and sometimes the space doesnt work either

12. Matt30

Me and my brother raced there last year. Shared the driving duties in hobby stock for #44.

13. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

i reamber that car its a mustang i stoped by your house once looking at it by the shed and your dad said it needed a motor at the time.. are you racing it again this year?

14. Jimmy_B

I raced hobbystock there for 3 years. I think it was 99,2000 and 2001, cant remember. It was an awesome experience. Most people who have never tried it will just say your driving around in circles, but its a lot harder and a lot more fun than you would think! I dont know if you would remember but I raced the #11. This is the car

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  15. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

yea i reamber that car im looking to buy a hobby stock if anyone knows wheres theres any 5 years in thunder is enough for me.

I raced From 2000-2004, you might reamber a car rolling over in 2000 and landing back on its wheels and finshing 6th in the main that night it was me i drove the 23 car for the first 3 years and now i drive the 36

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  16. Matt30

Yeah we drove the red/white mustang. We got a sponsor this year and are hopefully going to pick up a better engine to become more competitive. We have the engine of a 1977 Ford Granada in it right now, but the last race of the season i took it out in practice and a wrist pin broke. Fuck that sucked. But were definatly looking to have it on the track for this season. We might split the driving again, but i was thinking about buying a little thunder car or something for myself. Sometimes my brother is a dick and races more races than me.

Racer_23.....What were you at my house for? Just to look at the car? Just curious. Also, if you didnt know already. Larry Fisher put his mustang up for sale at the end of last season, not sure if he still has it though.

17. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

yea larrys in a sportsman this year not sure if he has it either id like to find out.

and the reason i was there was because i use to drive by like 5 times a day going out hacketts cove from lower sackville, and a friend had told me it was for sale and i had seen it sitting in front of the garage for along time. i stoped by one night in a red 2000 jeep tj sport. and your dad explained at the time it needed a new motor. and was'nt really for sale but for i think he said 700$ not 100% sure that he'd sell it.

18. Racer_23

Racer_23
    [OP]

low_ridah10 do you still have that car? and if so would u sell it