Saved by insurance

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by chasm, Feb 22, 2009.

1. chasm

chasm
    [OP]

One of my PW's needed a minor repair.

I packed it up and sent it registered mail to the repair depot in Markham, Ont.

I tracked the package a few days later and it displayed as being delivered and signed for. I called them the next day to see when it would be sent back and they had no record of receiving it even though *someone* at their shop signed for it. It was never registered in their system.

Called Canada Post, they investigated and said they'd reimburse the amount I had it insured for + shipping costs. The insured amount was a little more than a new PW so minus 1 for the hassle, but it wound up as a win + 1.

I've never had to claim on shipping insurance, but for the pennies it cost + a bit extra for a higher dollar value amount, it was well worth it.

2. chainsaw

You were lucky man. I had this happen a few years back returning something for repair, the company said that they had absolutely no record of it. Just make sure you keep all the receipts from CP, if you don't have them you are SOL.

So I got everything "replaced" etc and the funny part was about 6 months later I received a package in the mail, I guess the company found my stuff after all.

3. brokenhat

If the post office shows someone signing for it I find it strange that they would cover you as this constitutes confirmed delivery and the end of their responsibility, that is why they get a signature after all, it should be proof that the repair shop got it and they should be responsible... But I'm glad you made out OK anyway, maybe get one of the new PW's, they sound fantastic.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  4. photoshadow

Paintball Life... Jokes.

ya i'm quite confused that canadapost would repay back to you... Shouldn't it be the companies insurance that pays you for a new one? not Canadapost

5. chasm

chasm
    [OP]

I agree that is odd. I was just going by what I was told over the phone by CP last Wednesday. When I get back home I'll do a followup call.