1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RL A-SPEC

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Eisenflower, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Eisenflower

Acura Announces RL A-SPEC Package At SEMA

Acura unveiled an A-SPEC performance package for its RL luxury performance sedan at the 2004 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show in Las Vegas. It will go on sale in the spring of 2005 at Acura dealers nationwide.
    The all-new Acura RL, which went on sale last month, features a bold new design, a powerful 300-horsepower engine, the SH-AWD all-wheel drive system and an assortment of leading-edge technology including a real time traffic information system. The RL A-SPEC package enhances the already crisp handling and aggressive styling with a track-tuned suspension package that lowers the car by approximately 3/4 inch, 18-inch alloy wheels equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, an underbody kit, and a deck lid spoiler. The RL A-SPEC kit will be priced at approximately $5,500 plus dealer installation and covered under a factory warranty.

In addition to the A-SPEC equipped RL, Acura featured an assortment of high performance models by import tuners and racing companies. Making their debut at SEMA were
    two unique versions of Acura's hot-selling TSX sports sedan. The Comptech TSX, supercharges the 2.4-liter TSX engine and adds a cold air intake, plus a stainless header and exhaust system to increase horsepower from 200 to 240. Comptech springs, a rear sway bar and 18-inch tires increase handling precision while lending an even more aggressive look. The second TSX on display was the RealTime Racing TSX racecar driven by Pierre Kleinubing on the 204 SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge circuit.

Tuner icon RJ DeVera debuted his own interpretation of a high performance Acura TL performance luxury sedan. DeVera, who showcased a modified Honda Accord at last year's SEMA, utilized a combination of RO_JA and other aftermarket accessories with Acura A-SPEC parts to create a car aimed squarely at today's enthusiast buyer. It features an A-SPEC suspension, a custom RO_JA body kit, and a Comptech supercharger.

Also appearing in the Acura booth was a heavily modified Acura NSX supercar customized by Super Street Magazine and XMODS RC Racing. Featured on the October cover, this NSX was offered as first prize in the 2004 XMODS XRL National Tournament. It features over $30,000 in modifications from Volk, Rotora, Taitec and others.

Text and photos: Acura

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'd rather the wheels not be chromed but it's nice.

3. slaw

omfg.....I'm back!

love it...but as said above not the chromies

4. Eisenflower

5. Melon

Wheels, suspension, and aero parts = disappointing for a "performance" version of the car. This car is pretty much out of its league with only a 300HP 6 cylinder in a big sedan that goes for like $75K.

6. Eisenflower

I think it's a pretty nice all around package for 75K considering it's competing against the 5 series for about the same money, and you get everything you do in the 5er, plus more.

7. SPOONIN

do you find it resembles the new jetta ... and camry ... and ...

8. Eisenflower

Not in the least bit, no.

9. asmd

Yeah. . . thats all fine and dandy, but its 300hp, how many ft-lbs does the motor make?! :lol:

Nice fucking car by the way though, and no reeeally feeling the chromies on it, it would be sweet in either black, a dark charcoal, or championship white (oh yeah, dumped in every colour by the way! ;) )

10. jmac

looks a bit like a grand am to me. Honda/acura's styling has been hurtin as of late (with a few exceptions)

11. John Doe

260 ft/lbs... not bad.

12. stu mccrea

yeah i really think the TSX and TL look like ass............:rolleyes:

13. John Doe

The TSX is boring... the TL slightly less so, but nothing says "timeless" about it.

14. Eisenflower

Meh, when I look at the TSX or TL with the factory skirting kits, boring is the last thing that comes to my mind. They have super clean lines, and their overall look flows nicely. I think they look super hot.

15. devast8

:werd: