Reviewing the familiar

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by ingress, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

A thread for review places you have been before but in style like you hadn't been before

2. hank

Make believe you weren't there before? Or now the style has changed? or now your style is different?

3. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

Today I found myself and a conundrum of what to eat for lunch, Burrahobbit had a pocket full of coupons so we head to our local Burger King.

When we arrived there was a small line but it moved efficiently, the coupon I had selected was for free fries and drink with purchase of the Mushroom Swiss Steakhouse.

The order was placed I was given a number of 261, I waited for a slightly longer than the Whopper ordering Burrahobbit. I received my Burger. Fries and empty cup and away I went . When I arrived at the soda machine I chose Frutopia (as I am kicking the Coca-cola habit again)

The Burger was larger than the bun is ok, the taste was delicious but all that bbq sauce and the swiss cheese made for a difficult to handle experience, the burger nad bun were sliding all over the place. I had to resort to the bite then rotate technique. The messaside this is a tasty burger of Swissy musroomy BBQ goodness. The accompanying fries were of the battered variety and were lifeless and pedestrian. I would say get the burger skip the sides!

a note on this particular Burger King the restaurant was wall to wall dudes, ladies if you need a little pick me up dressy slutty and go to your local BK you will get attention. Also the toy display had the right labels but they weren't displayed just a pile of plastic bags in the bottom of the case

4. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

how ever you wish

5. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

hell review the ordering of a Double Double

6. hank

I went subway and ordered a footlong Ham sub. I agreed to have cheese and to have it toasted. I then informed the sandwich artist that I would like lettuce, tomatoes, greenpeppers, onions and banana peppers. Topped off with lovely chipotle southwest sauce and peeper my sandwich was ready for consumption. The sandwich was cut perfectly in half with both ends having evenly spaced vegetables making for a delicious lunch.

7. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

OK, I'll give this a shot.

One day as I was Ill'n at Kentucky friend Chicken, just minding my own business eating food and finger lickin.
    This dude walks in looking strange and kinda funny,
    Went up to the front with a menu and his money!
    He didn't walk straight, kinda side to side, he axed this old lady, "hey, um, is this Kentucky fried?
    The lady said yeah, smiled, and he smiled back, then gave his quarter and his order,
    Small fries big mac?!

Now later on,
    For dinner, I ate it, there was none left,
    it was salty, with butter and it was def.
    I proceeded to eat it cause, well, I was in that mood,
    But holmes I did not read it was a can of dog food!

8. JAC

JAC
    Brathair Brewing

I too ordered from the local Subway (Robie St. next to Popeyes)...
    I ordered a veggi wrap, no cheese, all of the veggies, and some Honey Mustard sauce...
    They complied with my order...I ate it once I arrived at my office...
    It was good

9. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

you are a fool !!!

Tarek was so close

10. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

See why in gods green earth would you get a veggie wrap at that subway when 10ft away is a more awesome veggie wrap with hummus, and tzatziki, and all sorts of wild and crazy vegetables....and free soup!

11. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

PS. You be ill'in!

12. JAC

JAC
    Brathair Brewing

I have a meeting this afternoon....Tarek's would have been mean

13. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Sometimes you have to be selfish.

14. JAC

JAC
    Brathair Brewing

See above post...
    And the line up was crazy...I'm a man on the move brah

15. JAC

JAC
    Brathair Brewing

That shit would have killed the kids...think about the kids man

16. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

The only kids I think about are my little buds on my tongue.

17. JAC

JAC
    Brathair Brewing

You're right, fuck the kids
    Next time I'm getting the Leb

18. Elcoopto

I will do my review of the last time I went to this subway...

I walked in, absurdly loud jazz piano was blasting through the sound system. I walked up to the counter to discover there was nobody there, I rang the bell and a guy jumped over the counter around the back. I told him I was impressed with his enthusiasm, he twitched a few times and then told me" A BOX WAS IN THE WAY" very loudly. I ordered the spicy italian on Parmesan Oregano. I had to correct his as he kept attempting to mess up my order as he was clearly on drugs (seriously). He then attempted to cut the sub in half, with the knife upside down, in the process smashed the sub. He the placed his hand on the blade side of the knife and was preparing to shove the knife down as it wasn't cutting. I hollered in alarm and he realized his mistake.

I payed for my sandwhich and never went back.

19. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

which subway is this Wolfville? New Minas?

20. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I went to MY HOUSE from work today after picking my kids up from daycare. Talking with my kids had me in a good mood as I headed to MY HOUSE for supper.

The decor left something to be desired and I couldn't get over how messy MY HOUSE was, but I let it go because the chef/waitress was hot. There was a bottle of wine open on arrival at the table, which was a little disconcerting until I noticed that my chef/waitress had a glass herself - perhaps a little unconventional, but I didn't argue with it. I was a little bit surprised that I wasn't offered a menu and when I enquired about the oddity, I was given "the look". I had a feeling the waitress was into me, though, so I played along. The one choice on the menu at MY HOUSE was lasagna. Lasagna is one of my favorites, so I was ready to go. It was of exceptional quality, but my son seemed a little unimpressed and even told the chef/waitress, "this isn't one of your better meals".

I think I'd go back again even though the service was lacking ("Serve yourself?!"), the place was a mess, and the menu was non existent, mostly because the chef/waitress was hot, and I still have this feeling that she was really into me.