1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reputation Rating

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Savage, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

Can we have 5 a day instead of 3? I'm loving the rating thing and I do make them serious and give out positive ratings but I can go through them as soon as I'm allowed to get them again.

And majority of the ratings I've given out are positive ones... just in case anyone was about to bash my thread thinking I'd only want them to give out negative ratings. And they were given on appropriate posts as well.

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I might actually take the ability away from non-subscribers to give out ratings.

3. little_twink

yeah, that makes sense....

4. Dubsta

::: pixelpusher :::

Someone explain this to me?

What is that little green box under the user's info?

5. Cooper

FTP

How come I can only give positive ratings?

A friend of mine, no sub, under 100 posts and no ratings, logged on and she could give negative posts :happysad:

6. LMAC

_

is that what the green box is for

7. Pimptorious

Banned

the scale on the top of there post will give them a positive rating, the little sign next to it will give them a bad one. ;)

8. Pimptorious

Banned

yes, the more positive feedback you will get will give you more boxes

9. LMAC

_

hahahaha yes everyone hates me

10. Pimptorious

Banned

Sorry i was wrong, the second time i went to give rep I could choose between good rep or bad, i gues you have to be nice once before you can be a bitch coop

11. vero

no it won't, it will "report" the post, which sends an email to all the mods and admin "reporting" the bad post

12. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

I've always had the disapprove option... even when I was -12 points.

And awww... that's like the only feature that I was having fun with. Oh well... no more positive ratings from me if it goes to just the subs.

13. Pimptorious

Banned

no you miss understood what vero was saying, and she didnt bother reading the rest of my postes. She must have been to happy to make me look like a fool.
    your rep points go to ever you give them too, good or bad. She was talking about that little sign that i was talking about. If you hit that it flags the post so boots and the mods can see it. Like if you find one of mooks posts offending you can let them know.

14. vero

OK I can barely understand what you're trying to write, but before it looked like you were trying to say (in response to Cooper saying she can only give positive ratings) that the icon next to the scales would give a negative rating. Which it won't. It will flag the post, this is a separate system from the "Ratings" system. As far as I can see everyone else was talking about the "Ratings" system, as in giving a negative "Rating"

However this may not respond to what you were trying to say, because I can't understand most of your posts in this thread.

15. Pimptorious

Banned

yes you are right vero, what a cookie?

16. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

Was that directed towards me? :confused:

Some people were saying that they didn't have 2 options when they went to rate someone. Then other's said you needed to have some good feed back before you can give out bad ratings... but I've always has both options, I approve and I disapprove. I had it when I was at 10 points when it first started, at 23 points, at 35 points, and even at -12 points. That's where some confusion lies and I had just mentioned that I could do both no matter how many points I was at.

17. vero

I corrected you because I (and the rest of the mods) are getting emails about reported posts, by people thinking they are giving negative Ratings. You were wrong, someone who knew what they were talking about corrected you, get over it. It's not a personal attack.

18. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

He also corrected himself and said he was wrong about that. Did you not read that part? It was before your reply to him.

19. Pimptorious

Banned

you didnt correct me, if you read all of my postes in this thread, I corrected myself!

I am not trying to fight.

20. Pimptorious

Banned

No she didnt, she was to busy ramming something down my throut like ....... rammed his ....................

ahh nevermind im done

21. vero

Well I tried to clarify. Forgive me for trying to make things easier for people to understand :shrug:

22. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

Ummm... :kekeke: it was easy to understand. He corrected himself 3 posts after he made the incorrect post and the only other person who posted after him was LMAC and his post had nothing to do with Pimptorious's.

23. Pimptorious

Banned

Hi my name is Pimpy. Nice to meet you. Can we be E-buddies?

24. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

If you don't mind being hated for liking me, sure! :kekeke:

25. Savage

Savage
    [OP]
    Posting Free Since 2004

Okay... just to clear things up... Boots, how exactly is the rating system supposed to be used? Come across a good post and approve it and come across a bad post and disapprove it?

I'm getting negative ratings for posts that aren't even negative. It just seems like people want to give me a negative rating and are rating me on the first post they see even if it's not negative. I got rated on the same post and got both negative and positive on a few accounts. If this reputation thing is supposed to show who brings down the site and who contributes to it then shouldn't people be going around rating people on real posts that are negative towards the site and positive towards the site?

I also got a negative rating for making a true statement in the pet section. And in that case that person could disagree with me but not give me a negative rating for it. It was about short hair dogs seeming to shed more than long hair dogs. It wasn't a negative post at all and didn't bring the site down one bit.

I don't think your idea is fully working out the way you had planned. At this rate I'm going to be named the most negative person on here (which may be true) but for all the wrong reasons.