1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing your MSN accounts auto log in

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Dural, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Dural

Dural
    [OP]
    Insert something witty

When you log into MSN and choose save password, after that you just click on your name and it doesn't prompt you for your password. I was never stupid enough to do that but now I have a half dozen people asking me how to get rid of it.

Also it saves a history of everyone who ever logged in at your computer, is there a way to clear that history?

2. Westhaver

> GPS

I think you can just click to log in with another account and then log in with the same account and dont click the box this time. And i think you can clear the history by clicking on file in the top left. not sure though cause my msn is down right now

3. Foster

Toolboard

Its simple both ways...tell the retards to go to help...then help topics and they will learn very easily how to do it...or tell them to call microsoft..

For the history question...go into options under the messaging tab and uncheck the "automatically keep history of my conversations tab"

And for automatically loggin in...go under options and then the general tab...and uncheck the "allow automatic signin when connected to the internet"

That'll be 80 dollars :D

4. Dural

Dural
    [OP]
    Insert something witty

Yeah, you still didn't answer my questions, but google comes through for me once again.

I'm trying to get rid of the history of people that logged into my msn on my computer (when you hit the drop down list there are 20 fucking names there) not remove the history of my convo's which have been turned off since day 1.

All that does is stop MSN from signing in when you boot up, doesn't remove the saved password in MSN.

For the solutions under Windows XP anyway. (SP2 might be different)
    - Start
    - Control Panel
    - User Accont
    - "Advanced" tab

To remove your saved password delete the entry for Passport(the one with no personal info like your email addy)

To clean up the log in history(drop down box) delete all the emails that you don't want in the list.

I'm going to try all this when I get home but the password save option worked for my friend already.

5. Foster

Toolboard

Yeah it stops you from loggin in automatically and if you want it to ask for your password everytime you go under privacy and check "Always ask me for my password when checking Hotmail or opening other .NET passport-enable Web pages.

So basically your saying when you go to log in you can see like everyone elses email address who logged in as well....I dont know how easy that is to get rid of...

I dont know what this has to do with anything related to MSN...

I dont think this will work...but I'll look into it, I dont know why it would bother you though..

6. Civic h/b

To get rid of the login/password history:

1. In Start menu select Run
    2. Enter: \"control userpasswords2\"
    3. Go to Advanced tab
    4. Select Manage Passwords Button
    5. Add or Remove items at will.

Hope it works for you.

7. wylderhoads

BLS

^^^ the above statement is the way to do it! This is what i've always done.

8. Dural

Dural
    [OP]
    Insert something witty

That is the same thing as I mentioned, just without going into control panel and then user accounts. Thanks for the short cut though.