RCers I need some advice please

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by pohead, Jan 31, 2009.

1. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

Have you ever gotten stuck in an rut, and can't dig yourself out..I mean emotionally?...I almost feel like I am falling into a depression, and I don't know what to do to try and snap out of it...and I am scared it's going to ruin my entire life. Anyone here have this happen to you? What did you do to snap the fuck out of it?

2. Kaylahaha

It's all good.

Not sit around and enable it.

Go out and do stuff with your friends even if you don't feel like it.

3. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

Good advice..I defintly need to try and get away from this computer more...lately all I have been doing is working..I am sure that it's getting to me even if I don't realize it.

4. turtle beach

retired

just remember that your thoughts play a big role. Start thinking positive and don't feel bad for yourself. Live in the now and not the past.

thats my advise

5. Beckins

No.

Wow. I'm going to PM you.

6. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

another great piece of advice...i need to make a conscious effort to stop thinking so negative..honestly I am the type to always think and expect the worst..i really gotta get the fuck over that.

7. Pinkette

I'm gonna send you a PM.

8. Leroy

@danackles29

Exercise, this time of the year makes a lot of people feel like shit. Go to a gym, go jogging on warmer days. Spend as much time outdoors in the fresh air as you can.

oh and i'm not gonna send you a PM.

9. Mystik

Cheer up. :hug: Just make the changes that you need to make. Whether they be physical, mental or emotional. Don't put so much thought into it, just do it. Even if you feel a little selfish, just think of yourself.

10. Pinkette

Good advice :) I'm gonna expand on part of it.
    Sometimes when your trying to do things for you its seems like your being selfish. Especially if you've been neglecting your own needs for a while its very easy to feel like your doing "too much" for yourself once you start doing things for you again. When really your actually just doing all things you should have been doing all along.

BTW where's Thunder? I'm sure she would have great advice as well.

11. Markus

interwebz

Don't smoke/drink it out. Talk to people who either are or were your real friends.

Cheers

12. Ty

Ty
    Freddy Beach Bad Boy

Check out the book/movie The Secret.

http://www.thesecret.tv/

It'll really change the way you look at things and your mindset. I had a pretty rough go last year this time, and for the most part, everything worked out, it always does. Just remember, everything happens for a reason, may take a while to figure it out, but in the big picture there is a reason.

13. Pinkette

Funny,
    I told her about this too.
    I have a link to watch this online if you want it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  14. unidentifiable

meow

I did things that always used to make me happy. Like, taking pictures, or crocheting, probably different for you. But do things that you know you enjoy and make time for yourself.

15. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

man fuck that tabloid shit.

dreaming about a lambo won't make one show up in your driveway.

I think you need to cut back on work a bit from the sounds of it, and get some exercise in. Working out/exercising is proven to make you feel better!

16. turtle beach

retired

The Secret is great if you need a change or just a positive charge in your life.

the movie isn't about getting cars and money and relationships, it's just to remind you that everything is up to you.

here are some great quotes for you as well:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein

If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.
    Henry Ford

17. thunder

my av is me

What sorts of things cause you to feel this way? Does drinking contribute? Cut out drinking. Is it stress? Relax a bit. Is it because there isnt much going on in your life? Volunteer. Take action right away though -- its much easier to pull yourself back out in the early stages.

Also, I always recommend talking to a counsellor, and/or your doctor. It could possibly be something medical as well, keep in mind.

18. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

I agree..that's why I am trying to do something about it now instead of letting it go on.

19. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

I am going to be taking everyones advice that posted here..all of it is great...I thank you all for all the posts and PMs..they honestly helped me alot :)

I am trying to +rep everyone that posted..but i ran out..will be handing more out tommrow :)

20. turtle beach

retired

np :)

feeeel goood!

21. thunder

my av is me

If you start feeling depressed or down, most of the day, nearly everyday, for a week or longer, I would definitely see a doctor as soon as possible.

Exercise is a huge one though... but one of the symptoms of depression is obviously a lack of motivation, so once you get super down, its hard to get exercising. But some specific forms of exercising (I think its moderate to heavy cardio for 45 minutes) has incredibly effective antidepressent effects.

Also, obviously at this time of the year there is a lot of SAD (seasonal affective disorder), which is depression-like symptoms caused from a lack of sunlight - if you think this could be contributing, getting more sunlight during the day, or getting a SAD lamp, would be useful.

Before you started feeling down, were you sick? Was there any change in any medications, drinking, or drugs you were using?

22. Ty

Ty
    Freddy Beach Bad Boy

Exactly. One of my favorite quotes.

23. pohead

pohead
    [OP]
    b00b

I have had sleeping troubles for sometime now..I think that is adding to the probelm for sure...I am making an appointment with my doctor tommrow.