1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC 2022 Sports Thread....??

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by KMD, Jan 31, 2022.

1. KMD

KMD
    [OP]

So were you a jock in school what did you play?
    Nope raised feral hunted, trapped and fished with Dad. Played a little minor hockey when I was really young but didn't like it.
    I can skate and I am okay at it, I should say this was 20 years ago, I have played some hockey where a bunch of us have rented the ice and played and I enjoy it but I can't sit and watch a game on TV same with most sports.

What do you play now?
    Last fall I started shooting Steel Challenge and really enjoy it. I haven't had to put anything into it I had everything I needed to do it and it's cheap as long as I can find 22lr ammo but if not I have other guns I can use and reload for.
    #PewPew
    Maybe I should switch back to hockey :eek3:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  2. Grifter

Bluh?

Careful... Talking about guns might get your threads locked or deleted... Tread... Carefully. The cave troll has been awakened this day. :kekeke:

KMD likes this.
  3. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

So were you a jock in school what did you play?
    Nope.

What do you play now?
    Had to give up squash and snowshoeing as my knees are giving out. That leaves kayaking, fishing, and cycling. Not much of that happening this time of year.

KMD and Grifter like this.
  4. Grifter

Bluh?

KMD likes this.
  5. Matt30

I wouldn’t call myself a jock, because to me that would imply that you were good at everything. But I was into a lot of stuff into my late teens/early twenties. I would say athletic enough to be involved, but hardly a superstar. Hockey, in-line hockey, lacrosse, tae kwon do, boxing, rugby, I guess we could throw stock car racing in there. I played a few years of baseball but I stopped when I was like, 11 or 12.

These days all I play is hockey, although the arrival of the Thunderbirds in town is sparking more interest in lacrosse so there’s talks of some more gentleman’s league type games starting so I’ll hopefully get back involved with that.

KMD likes this.
  6. LMAC

_

So were you a jock in school what did you play? Maybe, Baseball, hockey, Football, Skateboarded, Snowboarded, Little golf

What do you play now?
    All the above...

KMD likes this.
  7. Wayne

1%er

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    KMD likes this.
  8. KMD

KMD
    [OP]

That's funny you mention poker, we were joking about that when we saw it on TSN and had a good laugh.

9. KMD

KMD
    [OP]

He is okay as long as it's not politics I have tested it trust me :lol: so lets keep it clean

10. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Definitely not a jock in school - was a band geek. I was on the basketball team in grade 9, rode the pine.

Now?
    Not sure if it's considered sports but running, biking, hiking, skiing. At least for running & cycling, I do sometimes put a bib on and earn a finisher's medal.

11. C. Mike Hunt

Not really. Most of what we played in school was soccer, ball hockey and basketball. Never cared for any of them.
    I enjoy watching the odd baseball game here and there.
    Dunking on the Leafs is always fun though.

12. Pottie

I wouldn't go so far as to say jock, but played hockey into my early 20's. High School hickey wasn't a great time. Played some other sports growing up, used to play baseball (wish I played more competitive instead of hockey). Some school basketball and volleyball.

Played golf from the age of like 14.

Still play as much golf as possible, but that's about it. Unless you count playing pool one or twice a week as "sports"