Racing test day at AMP...Anybody wanna go up?

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by PirateSteve, May 23, 2004.

1. PirateSteve

Its the tune and test day/media day at AMP. Should be a pile of cars out as it is dirt cheap. Starts around 10 am and goes all day. Its a good chance to see the track and the cars sliding around. I'm going up around 9:30am if anyone wants to tail me up :bigthumb:

2. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

I'll be there just watchin. If any cars have passenger seats, I'll have my helmet! 8)

3. pmachan

Well, I had a pretty crappy day at the track. Spun coming out of 2 and damged the nose a bit, after we just built it over the winter, a whole new nose that we designed. Then we cooked a front caliper, we were running way too much front bias, we were trimming it back slowly, but not enough.
    We won't make it out for the race next week unfortunetly, but I think I have another ride lined up.

4. PirateSteve

Its almost comical in a way when you have a day that changes from rain to dry so many times. You start changing to dry tires and it starts to rain. You change to rains and it drys up :x

Good to see some new cars out, although the numbers overall were a bit low and dosn't bode well for next weekend. I'll be there none the less, Looks like I'll be partying and watching instead of racing though :(

Who's car are you running next weekend?

5. pmachan

Yeah the weather was kinda nuts, we changed tires MANY times today. We had just changed back to slicks when I went out and spun, I didn't get very far. It was just a bit damp still, I misjudged the car on cold tires, got away from me VERY fast, I didn't even get into the power very hard at all.

I might be in a formula car.

6. Jenn

Left Shark

I was there with Dave. Kinda neat, considering it was my first trip to AMP. Nice talking to you Steve, and Paul, we wondered when you'd decide which tires to run. :) hehe The weather was too weird to judge well.

7. pmachan

Lol, I know, it seemed everytime we changed over, I would do 2 laps and would have to change again. Frustrating for sure.