Question v.Bell

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by TyTryon, Mar 4, 2009.

1. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

I was away for a month and changed my cell plan to a national fab-five and specifically told them the five numbers I wanted included. I received my bill today - $400 in long distance charges. I called customer service who said they had no record of my plan change. She said she would pass it off to another department to investigate, and that I should call back within a week to see if my account has been credited.

Will they fuck me? Should I call back tomorrow and ask for a supervisor or wait for the week like customer service suggested?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. thunder

my av is me

I would call back right away, talk to a supervisor, and get it dealt with.

Actually, I'd be yelling and screaming into the phone. You are much more laid back than me :rofl:

3. DVS

DVS

Random and not really helpful, but did you call a guy at HSC Aliant about this?

4. midden

I LIKE TO EAT MITTENS

i would speak with a sup or threaten to cancel...they usually turn around really quick...

5. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

No, I called the 1-800 #

6. DVS

DVS

I only ask as there was a guy on the phone in there when I was trying to get my plan switched around, who was trying to resolve the exact problem you described.

7. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

Haha, I won't be laid back if the charges stand.

This is my plan if my original attempt fails.

8. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

dude they NEVER get their bills right. ever.

9. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

They're brutal.

10. PDizzle

2legit2quit

Do they have any notes at all from the day you called? 2 things. Get them to check the "Ban Access log" which will leave a foot print whenever someone accesses your account. Match that foot print up with the time you called in and that would look good in your favor. Also did you call them from your cell phone the day you called to change your plan? If so get them to look at your billed calls from the date you called customer care. If there are no notes on your account that day, yet you spent 15 minutes on the phone talking to customer care, you likely were speaking to someone amirite?

11. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

She didn't say if she had notes from the day I called, just that there were no numbers on my 'fab five' list. I called from my cell phone, and know the date I called. I will bring this up with them. Thanks. :bigup:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  12. slouse

I love Bell! I would never switch. 5 years now.

13. PDizzle

2legit2quit

May be a long shot. I don't work for bell but we use the same billing system here at Teletech that they use so I know they have ways of finding these things out. However if dude noted you account and didn't say anything about the fab five list in his notes, you're basically fucked.

You're going to need to put in some more time more than likely to get this issue handled. However while the 400$ is being researched I would call them back today and tell them to put that amount in dispute so that you're not responsible to pay it until the dispute is closed.

14. hank

A friend of mine had the same problem with Rogers. She didn't fair well and ended up cancelling her account.

Best of luck with bell

15. PDizzle

2legit2quit

I can't see them budging in this situation. Unless like I said, he can prove he called in and that someone accessed his account without leaving notes. If that is the case than that is considered fraud and he should have more of a case.

16. Aaron Baddeley

Get Some

That's fucking brutal dude

17. *Jani*

Blinky

They probably have the calls recorded as well.. Call back with the date and approximate time.. I'm assuming they can look up calls with that information, and possibly using your telephone number aswell since you called from you cell :)
    I think that most telecomminucation centers have recordings set up to prevent clusterfucks, and to cover their asses (and help yours)

18. hank

What about the messages "this call is being recorded for quality monitoring purposes"

Do they save these recordings for any length of time? Can they be linked to a call and reviewed?

19. hank

beat me too it. :kekeke:

20. PDizzle

2legit2quit

This is a huge misconception. Call are recorded for "quality" and "training" purposes. Not for referencing what promises or expectations were set with the customer.

Ty, keep an eye on this thread I created on the Howard Forums Bell page, they are usually pretty helpful and a lot of employees are on there

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=12349579#post12349579

21. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

By law they have to have that recording in case they do record it so its hard to say if that particular one was recorded.
    Asking for that kind of stuff is the fox guarding the chicken coup scenario.

Your best bet is just to be firm with them and insist that you called.

22. PDizzle

2legit2quit

It depends on the call center. There is a reason why agents are required to leave notes on every account they touch. If their actions could be tracked to a recording of a call than why would they even bother.

23. PDizzle

2legit2quit

Exactly... When I was with Sprint Customer care call were "randomly" recorded. Now with Sprint Telesales all call are recorded and we frequently have to retrieve calls where expectations were set with customers and were not noted on accounts or honored

24. hank

Note to self: start recording all conversations I have with call centres for evidence.

25. PDizzle

2legit2quit

In the USA that won't hold up in court. You need agent permission to record the call.

In Canada i don't know

26. hank

"I am recording this call is that ok?"
    "No"
    "Put someone else on the phone"
    Repeat until someone agrees.

27. PDizzle

2legit2quit

Like I said, I don't know what the laws are here for Canadians and Canadian companies.

28. *Jani*

Blinky

My previous job was to monitor those recordings, and look up calls regarding disputes.. :)
    a big company like bell should have the same set up the same. Giving them as much information as you can possibly recall regarding the call helps. (if you can remember roughly how long you were talking to them, the date, time, agents name, etc)

29. PDizzle

2legit2quit

thats my job now :brows:

But yes...If you remember the agents name, and they can find his agent code stamped in your account, They can identify him and that also will look good in your favor. Like I said take a look at your billed calls and find out time you called.

30. *Jani*

Blinky

Ok, so what you're trying to tell me (who worked as a quality reviewer for almost a year) that calls *normally* wouldn't be listened to resolve an issue where the company could face a loss? (by the customer not paying)

:confused:

31. *Jani*

Blinky

Our systems didn't automattically stamp the account with the agents info, or call time and date. Lord knows if Bell's systems are the same or not. but if the agent he just spoke to said that they had no record of the change, I'm going to make an assumption that nothing was marked there either :happysad:

Ty, I'd give them a call today and see if they can pull the call for you :)

32. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

If this doesn't work with them and I cancel my account - won't I be responsible for paying the bill and buying out my contract? Or can I just tell them to fuck themselves and leave?

33. *Jani*

Blinky

Hopefully it doesn't come to that... :(

But as for that, I have no idea. I'm just holding out hope that they find your call, listen to it and hear that you did request the change.. :happysad:

34. hank

You'll be responsible for the bill and the buyout. If you don't pay they will send you to collections.

35. TyTryon

TyTryon
    [OP]

I'm hoping they figure it out too. They screwed up and I'm being charged $400 in long distance because of it. There is no way I am paying that money.