1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about ferrets

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by CRXified, Jan 23, 2006.

1. CRXified

CRXified
    [OP]
    b00b

im looking at getting 1 of those cute little guys. my cousin had some a while ago and i loved playing with them.

i was wondering if u can buy them from like pets unlimited de-scented and already neutered or whatnot?

also if they arent de-scented/fixed, how much does that operation cost?

is there anybody out there that breeds them?

2. Sasquatch

Closer to the inevitable.

i've never heard of hte operation of getting them de-scented. there are a variety of products to eliminate their scent though. shampoos and such.

3. R'sinnamorato

Hey does Pets Unlimited get their ferrets from a ferret mill the same as they supposedly get their puppies?? :censored:

You should also ask at the local vet for prices for those operations before you get one, they might also be able to tell you of a good local breeder you can go to.

4. nsreptile

i have owned several trough the years. when you get them they are already nutred/spayded and descented. most pet stores can get the little critters, however i would recomend you go out and buy a bargain hunter. often people have them in there for like $75 to $100 with a cage and accesories, and you and i know thats alot better than paying $249.99 +tx, lol. and if you cant find someone looking to get rid of one bicker with the sales person at the petstore, they will let it go for cheaper for sure!!! i have never payed full price for anything from hte pet stores, especially if has been there for longer than a month!!

good luck with your search!!
    ~T~

5. CRXified

CRXified
    [OP]
    b00b

hey thanks, i knew they cane fixed already, i just wasnt positive on being descented, but now that i think about it, that makes sense cause it would stink up their cage and nobody would want to buy a stinky little bastard like that.

any ideas if i did buy from from a breeder and it wasnt descented, how much it would cost?

6. nsreptile

if you could buy from a breeder it is most likley that you would spend just as much getting the operations done as you would spend getting a ferret from the pet store. you might save like $50, any you would most likley spend that on gas getting to the vet and back. the cheepest way to go is find someone that is looking to get rid of theirs, that way you would get supplies too!

good luck!
    ~T~

7. CRXified

CRXified
    [OP]
    b00b

thanks

8. Matt30

I'm getting 2 ferrets when i move out :) I love those little fuckers