PSAC

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by MikeM, Feb 26, 2009.

1. MikeM

MikeM
    [OP]

anyone on here who is a member of PSAC? There is a rumor circulating that we may be in receipt of our $4000.00 payout today or tomorrow. Any truth to it?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Bandit

I Miss Summer

whats the payout for? i have heard nothing about this.

3. MikeM

MikeM
    [OP]

not sure really, from what I understand its a civil suit launched against PSAC for pay limitations between women and men or some shit like that...
    they settled with the 4 grand buy out per PSAC member before 15 Dec.

PSAC hails the deal as a major victory because it also managed to win significant concessions — on top of the final wage offer — on several longstanding issues the union has fought over for years.

The deal gave 85,000 members an additional $4,000 in lump-sum payments, in exchange for dropping two outstanding pay equity complaints. Border guards jobs were reclassified, giving them a hike worth about 19 per cent, and tradespeople scored a victory in their 4-year battle for national rates of pay.

Lump Sum Payment: A pensionable lump sum payment of $4,000.00 will be paid to each person who is a member of the bargaining unit on December 15, 2008.
    payment is pensionable.
    will be paid out within 150 days of the signing of the collective agreement.
    members on any type of leave on December 15 are still members of the bargaining unit and will therefore still receive the lump sum payment.
    members who are in an acting position outside the bargaining unit on December 15 will receive the lump sum if they have only been in their acting position for less than four months.
    members will not be receiving the lump sum if they have been acting in a position outside of the bargaining unit for four months or more on December 15, 2008

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009