problem with IE

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by soxfan5, May 28, 2004.

1. soxfan5

soxfan5
    [OP]
    Super Moderator

Lately I've been having a really annoying problem with internet explorer. After using it for a while, if I open a link in a new window, that window will fuck everything up. On that window, all of the menus at the top (File, Edit, etc.) are gone, replaced by that windows icon that's usually in the corner, stretched across the window:
    [​IMG]
    I tried to get a screen cap of the actual window, but I couldn't open paint while it was open. :x Here's the list of problems this causes: that window won't close, right click is disabled in that window, clicking on links makes the screen flash as if a new window were opening but it stays on the same webpage, I can open the start menu but clicking on shortcuts does nothing (in the case of MS paint, it said it could not create a new blank page :confused: ), I can't open anti-virus or spyware programs with the window open, and I can't open the task manager (pressing ctrl+alt+del just produces the windows error sound). After closing other IE windows that aren't affected by this, I am able to close the problem window and open task manager, which looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Eventually I can get the window to close and everything seems to return to normal, but obviously this shouldn't be happening and I want it to stop. I've done virus scans and checked for spyware, and everything comes up clean. I have no idea what could be wrong, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dural

Insert something witty

format c:
    re-install

3. Foster

Toolboard

haha thats Kevins answer to all computer problems...