power steering question

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Tiggra, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Tiggra

Tiggra
    [OP]
    Jersey Girl

ok so my power steering is making funny noises... any ideas on where to take my car to get it checked out? from what I can tell it isnt leaking, and there is lots of fluid... could it be a belt or something? I'm kind of lost on this one, lol, so help!!!

2. raven

Raven Autosports

What kind of noises is it making and when? If you want to take it somewhere to have it looked at I would recomend Double Z Automotive at 963 Prospect Rd. They will tell you exactly what is wrong and the best way to fix it.

3. Tiggra

Tiggra
    [OP]
    Jersey Girl

I dont know, its kind of hard to explain, kind of a weird sort of high pitched noise when there is any pressure placed on the steering column... but alot of people have told me that it is the power steering I just need to get it somewhere half decdent to get it fixed...

4. raven

Raven Autosports

It really could be a few things when that happens. Usally when that happens it is just a matter of topping up the fluid but you checked that. Other things that could cause that are the power steering pump or the rack itself. Where exactly are you located? If your not too far then take it out to Double Z (876-0769) and they will take very good care of you. If not find a local shop that you trust to have a look at it.

5. LeMar

UGLY BUTCH

Sounds like your fluid might be low....

6. Tiggra

Tiggra
    [OP]
    Jersey Girl

no the fluid is fine I've checked that....

and raven thanks might give them a call, I'm in and around halifax alot so that works...