Pics and vids from AMP today.. 56K DIE

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Shafft, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Shafft

Shafft
    [OP]
    RC-OG

2. Lex Lucas

feels good.

Thats some cool shit!

Hey Shaffts... i don't know if you know or not but i think you have your tires in the wrong direction? i dunno, i could be wrong...

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:lol:

did you not switch them back?

4. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

Well, the day was pretty fun! Lots of cars, a couple of spins, a one REALLY close call....almost had a smashed mustang on the front straight!

I'd like to say thanks for Paul M. & Nick L. for letting me ride along with them. I'd like to especially thank Joe for letting me take his car around for a couple of laps. FWD, street tires, and a notchy 3rd gear are things I'm not used to on AMP....which also contributed to my wide-turn on turn 2 and my subsequent slide on turn 3. But that car pulls I tells ya!

And yea, i think they're backwards, but there wasn't any water on the track, so it doens't make a difference.

When'd you take those vids? Musta been after me, 'cause I notice you downshifting on turn 7!!

5. Redshift

Bastids. Me = Jealous

That kind of stuff is always a good time... and speaking of times... nice lap time Joe.

6. Eisenflower

What a blast! My tires were marbled to shit after a few hot laps! :eek:

7. Shafft

Shafft
    [OP]
    RC-OG

yeah I figured i was in the 1:25-1:28 area based on the movie

8. Banned/Deleted User

I would have went and ran the teg, but I had a burning smell commin from it and didnt wanna run it hard.. Found out yesterday I just had a piece of a garbage bag melted to my cat so I could've been there :sad: DAMN IT!!!

9. Shafft

Shafft
    [OP]
    RC-OG

:cry: if you really wanted to go you would have. stop making excuses.. :finger:

10. Eisenflower

Stop making excuses, you wouldn't have came either way. :finger:

11. Banned/Deleted User

yep, you got me, I wanted to go watch everyone else having fun in their cars around the track when I couldnt take mine cause i didnt know what was wrong with it.. :rolleyes: I aint a fan of solo, but I would of liked to go around the track, not when I had something melting that i didnt know what it was though..

12. Eisenflower

I have asked u to come to every solo event for the past 2+ months and each time you told me you weren't racing any more this season. Fair enough, but don't blame your no show on a smell coming from your car :rofl:

13. Banned/Deleted User

Did you miss the part where I said "I dont like solo racing but Id liked to have went around the track"?? And I TODL you that the other night, when you could smell it too and said "yea man, something aint right"... so fuck off

14. Eisenflower

Yesterdays even technically is what Solo 1 racing only it was just a practice day..... You're not making sence? :confused:

15. Banned/Deleted User

Me not knowing shit about solo's would not know that, all I knew is it was laps around the track and anyone could go.. Something burning is enough to make me not wanna go (that and the fact I was hung over).. But i told you several nights ago, not knowing what that was, I wasnt going.. Sorry there "Mr Solo"..

16. pmachan

It was a fun day, I did so many laps, it was retarded, I was still out there after it started to get dark, had to turn on the headlights. I wrecked one of my race tires though, running the morning with no sway bar was not the smart thing to do, of well.
    The Formula car was fun as well, never tried one before, pretty quick little cars, 1:14's with 100hp, well its under 1000 pounds with me in it too....

17. AcidGord

Sweet. I wish I could have made it just to watch.

I'm getting more comfortable with the limits of my Teins now, where I can get away without rubbing and such. I'm starting to tear up street corners in a bit too unruly a fashion. Its probably a good thing they're coming off for the winter next week. :) Makes me itch for some more racing though. Arg. :)

I'm guessing the odds aren't good that there'll be another one again this year, I've got a set of Kumhos to cook the remainder off of and even my winter ITR setup will be a vast improvement over what I was running last time I was there. :)

18. Shafft

Shafft
    [OP]
    RC-OG

if you wanted to go you would have went.. ie. you would have had someone look at your car, ask me about it, ask me or anyone else that was going about the day etc. no excuses. :P

19. Banned/Deleted User

Actually i was talking to Bruce about it, asked Eisenhower, asked Frenchy.. Frenchy found the answer sunday afternoon when he seen the black shit stuck to the exhaust :D Either way, I said it would have been fun, not that Im heart broken..