1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Tank Install

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by arsehole, Oct 19, 2015.

1. arsehole

arsehole
    [OP]

Looking to go with a fiberglass tank. Anyone recently have one installed? By who, price, what's included?

I was told Aabel Fuels - gave them a call, $1695+ tax. Includes new tank, install, transfer of fuel from old tank and disposal of old tank.

2. BlackFire

Professional napper

I had heard that new regulations meant they could no longer transfer oil from the old tank to the new one.

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Most insurance companies don't like it because you could be putting contaminants into the new tank (I think that's their reasoning)

4. arsehole

arsehole
    [OP]

Aabel specifically mentioned pumping out all fuel but the bottom 6" aka sludge, Everyone else quoted me with transferring fuel, so if there is a regulation - it must not be in effect yet, or they don't care.

As far as insurance - they should be happy I'm getting a new tank. It was well overdue :ontome:

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

The bottom sludge would be more of an issue with a steel tank vs fibreglass.

6. Jake

We are getting our's replaced by Metro home heating next month, and they stated that as of January 2015, they no longer transfer existing oil to new tank unless it's fibreglass.

7. Dewie

so what do they do with it then? I'm about to start running my old '92 Jetta again... :lol:

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I may or may not have gone 6+ years heating my home with oil that was removed during tank replacements :lol:

9. arsehole

arsehole
    [OP]

Well superline pumped my tank full last month, and I just turned the heat on today (bur-fuck). I'm sure as hell not throwing it away haha

Also, Boots has a guy. Best price I was given today. I've already gave his number to another friend haha (hope thats OK :D)