nt/authority bad

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Stan, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Stan

Stan
    [OP]
    fashionably late

My computer is fucked. It keeps shutting down from nt/authority. When I updated windows xp and it still does it. I tried running regedit to remove the keys and after 5 seconds redegit closes on me. If I do a file search it closes. I ran a online virus scan and the stupid nt/authority pops up and shuts down my computer. I installed norton and when i run live update it gets shut down. What the fuck is going on. I have xp firewall and my router firewall enabled. It got on my system when I disabled my router firewall a couple days ago. I did the symantec removal thing and the stupid thing says it couldn't find anything..

someone help.

Stan

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

start->run

shutdown /a

that will prevent your computer from shutting down when it says you only have a minute. Run all the windows updates on your machine and you should be fine.

3. Stan

Stan
    [OP]
    fashionably late

I managed to end some tasks and one of them that I ended (not sure which one) stopped the computer from shutting all my antivirus programs. I managed to run a antivirus program and it came back with:

malware.WORM_SDBOT.D

But it keeps comming back everytime I run the scan.

Stan

4. Stan

Stan
    [OP]
    fashionably late

Okay, it's back to normal. It hides itself as service.exe. I deleted the entries in regedit.. things are running smooth now.

Stan

5. Stan

Stan
    [OP]
    fashionably late

Stan