New pics of my swap

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by raven, Mar 4, 2004.

1. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

Update....

Well the shifter cables that I have been waiting for came in and we got them installed in the car. Then we come to find out that they attach to the shifter assembly in the car differently. I thought that they would but never really thought much of it. So yesterday we had to order a whole new shifter assembly from a 2000 cavy, it should be in sometime today.

We took a break from the gauge cluster problems to work on some of the codes that the PCM is throwing. The first was an EVAP code. We traced the wires and found out that a wire coming from the PCM was not hooked up for the EVAP system. We corrected that and that code is now gone. It is still throwing a code for the A/C relay and a low oil circiut, both of which are not a big deal as neither is being used in the setup and they shouldn't throw the check engine light in the dash, if they do we're pretty sure that if we just ground the proper wires that those codes will go. The only other code that it is throwing is for the torque converter, which should of been removed from the PCM when it was reprogrammed. I am going to have to comtact DHP to see why this code is come up. I hope I don't have to send the PCM back for them to do this as it was suppose to be done in the first place.

We are waiting for a call from another tech today about the gauge problems that we are having so hopefully we will get that figured out soon too. Were getting close to everything be done but I think this is going to be the hardest part of the swap, getting all the little bugs worked out.

Here are some new pics that I took of the car yesterday...

Here is what the engine looks like under the hood now, I still have a lot of "cleaning up" to do but everything is in it's place.

[​IMG]

New intake pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new intake plate that was welded onto the car. With some paint it should look like part of the car...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics of the underside of the plate...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the new nitrous bracket...

[​IMG]

With a little bit of paint, cleaning and tiddying of all the wires it should be ready for the show scene.

2. DJQ

DJQ

All about the NOS arent you :wink: looks sick, nice work..

3. Eisenflower

Impressive! :eek:

4. Jake

:bigthumb: Looking good.

5. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

Thanks guys

lol... Nothing wrong with a little N2O every now and then :P

6. Foster

Toolboard

7. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

man, that cavi is gonna turn a lot of heads on the track and at the shows!

Good job!

8. JP®

One suggestion dude.. Props on the work btw.. But I would pitch out those sewer clamps, and get some spring loaded band clamps, from parts for trucks.. JMO tho.. still looks good.

9. asmd

Fuckin eh James!!! I've been out like three or four times in the past month and you've never been there!!! You going back to work sucks, I remember before you used to live there.

JP got a great idea with the clamps, and another thing. . . . I don't know when you plan on driving the car, but with the intake pointed that close to the ground, ever consider an AEM bypass valve to prevent against water into the motor, just incase you might get caught in the rain?

Keep up the good work though man!
    Props.

10. DJQ

DJQ

oh, and Kuhmo's SUCK :finger:

11. Eisenflower

AEM Bypass valve = 100% useless unless the filter is fully submerged under water. Don't waste you're money, just don't drive through a lake.

12. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

Good call on the clamps, I will get those for sure.

Yeah going back to work does suck. Now I sit here on MSN and get updates from the shop and it kills me. I want to be there. I should be there tomorrow and I'm hopeing to take it on it's first test drive sometime tomorrow too.

There not that bad and the best thing is they are cheap to replace when you burn through them :P

That was my understanding of it too. I will just have to be carefull with it and not drive through any big puddles.

13. DJQ

DJQ

You like them? Wet traction is the worst. Ask Boots about his Kuhmo experience's, and Frenchys have crazy broken belts in them.. Ive never got a good review on them. No Traction whatsoever I find :shrug:

14. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

I've heard all kinds of bad things from others but I haven't had any problems with them in the past other than they wear fast. I do agree that they have poor wet traction.

15. DJQ

DJQ

That in itself should be a reason to switch.. I switched to Nankangs for now.. $10 more per tire but ive been driving on them for about 2-3 months with little to no wear so far.. And more traction too, Id reccomend those over Scuhmoes anyday. I came off of bayview drive on to the Bedford Highway drifting across 2 lanes 1 day in the rain.. It was fun... yet scary at the same time cause it was unexpected

16. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

I just may do that. My kumo's are brand new now but I don't think it will take long to burn through them though :P

17. midden

I LIKE TO EAT MITTENS

man, i wanna see this thing in action. after seeing all this being done over the past year, i wanna see it in motion!!! hmmm...last time i saw you and it was uhhh yesterday haha. you are gonna love it man.

18. Wolfe

p/t Firefighter - 24/7

nice job man... looks good.

19. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

My shifter just came in

It's test drive day.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I will get some video and pics of the maiden voyage.