New ACSchnitzer 5 series

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Redshift, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Hmmm... not a big new 5 series fan, but it's growing on me...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

3. Eisenflower

I hate to be a brand whore, but in this case I must. To be 100% honest, anything that AC Scnitzer throws up on, becomes a true work of art. This new 5 series is a perfect example of that. I hate the bland, out of the box look that they have, yet this ACS Version is yummy.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Shall I go off and post some other ACS creations? :D

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

6. Eisenflower

I guess I'll thread jack a tad, and add a few AC-S creations for some eye candy.

2003 BMW AC Schnitzer ACS3 Sport

[​IMG]

2003 BMW AC Schnitzer Z4 C30

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2002 BMW AC Schnitzer ACS7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

10. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

11. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice that there is different wheels on either side of the car? I always wanted to do that.

[​IMG]

Oh my fuck, that is amazing!

12. Lex Lucas

feels good.

I'm in love!

13. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Some nice cars, but I'm sorry.... even Schnitzer can't save the 7 series....

14. Eisenflower

You're NUTS! How on earth can you hate the look of this?

[​IMG]

15. PirateSteve

Ahh, good old AC schnizter. The choice of rich college students on huge trust funds everywhere. :D

Nice stuff, but seriously they need to lay off the vinyl a bit hehe. The pinstripes are gross :ugh:

Oh yeah, anyone else agree with me that the back of the new 5 would look a million times better with a set of dual exhausts? oo oo

16. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Trunk cut-lines are all wrong with the rest of the car, dumpy ass because of that cut and the way the lights are shaped, the rear looks like it has Rosie O'Donnell's hips, the character lines on the side of the car look like they were shaped by a drunken' monkey with an Etch-A-Sketch... sure, the ACS wheels look nice, and their skirt kit is ok, but if that car had a Hyundai badge on the back everybody would mock it.... look beyond the brnad whor-ism and the 7 series is a mess... they are already re-designing the car, which is a new record for BMW who usually get.. wha? 6-8 years from a model cycle?

17. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Dual exhausts coming with the new M5...:D
    Also, is it just me, or do the tail lights look a touch Subaru Impreza-ish?

18. PirateSteve

Its funny about the bmw styling, everyone always trashes anything that is new or different from the norm. We had a car show on wednesday to unveil the new 645Ci and the owner got up and gave a short speech about the cars and shit. He mentioned about having the chance to sit down at dinner with mr. Bangle about a year ago, and the styling cues came up. Basically the answer was that they are not happy if a design comes out and people like it right away. they'd rather create the discussion about the car and let people take their time to appreciate it. If you look at older bimmers its true, they still haev a very modern and lasting look to them. When they design a car they are doing it years before it even makes it to the dealers, then they have to make it last for like seven years or so, and then when the new model comes out they have to still look fairly relevent almost 15-20 years after it was actually designed. The designers take great pride in what they do, but they also have to create something that will lastthe test of time. If you look at the previous 7, the E38, its the basic design as what was brought it in 1985. Save for some minor updates to lights and shit, it is the same car. And when you see one on the streets, you still think, man thats a nice looking car. So yeah, the new might seem a bit strange now, they have grown on me, I love them, but in 15 years when every other car is just catching up, BMW will have already down it for the best part of 2 decades.

Anyway, just my take on BMW styling. i know a lot of the "purists" don't like the direction, but if they would look a little bit deeper into the company's philosophy then they would understand its all about evolution, and bringing new technology to the cars. They've been doing this since when they were building airplane engines.

19. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

Steve, I konw what you are saying, but the new 7 series is a definite misfire, or else they wouldn't be redesigning the car already.
    I actually like the Z4 in person (mind you, it looks a hell of a lot like the Z3, but whatever) and the new 6 series is great, and I mostly like the 5 series.. but, the 7 is all of the bad points of BMWs new direction all in one car...

20. PirateSteve

FWIW, the new seven is actually behind the new 5 and 6 on the design train even though it came out 1st lol. The new 7 is designated E65 and E66 while the 5 is an E60 and the 6 is an E63 :D

21. Redshift

Redshift
    [OP]

I hadn't noticed that! You're right... hmm.. interesting... (or scary.. I'm nost exactly sure)

22. Shafft

RC-OG

I fucking hate what BMW did to the 5's front end..... and AC doesn't even make it look good

23. ~La~Aruca~

try to lick ur elbow

the rims in the first 3 pictures are fucking sweet, and as for the cars.......holy fucking shit there awsome