Need diet help

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by djm, Jan 16, 2009.

1. djm

djm
    [OP]
    ftw

Very badly.

I need a practical diet that I can follow all the time.

I don't need the "keep candies, chocolate, chips, pop etc out of your diet" type suggestions. I'm aware all of that is bad and unhealthy.

Keep in mind I'm going to the gym and trying to loose fat and gain muscle.

So, say I have some plain oatmeal for breakfast. How much should be in a serving? Half a cup? What else should I have with it (if anything), and how much of that?

^^These are the kinds of things I'm looking for. Is it healthy to eat 2 chicken fajitas for lunch? 1? Should something be ate with it? What is a healthy lunch time meal?

What are healthy dinners to eat, and in what amounts?

I'm looking forward to the advice on fixing my bad eating.

2. Mystik

I'm just on my way to the gym right now, but I'll come up with a diet for you and post it in here.

3. millsey

Normally loosing fat and gaining muscle is impossible, I say this because in order to gain lean muscle mass you body needs a lot of protein (Aids in recovery or muscle tears) and a fair amount of fat (the good kind), and a large food intake (4-6 meals per day). In order to take in the amount of food required to gain lean muscle mass while still loosing weight or fat would require your body to be in an anabolic state all the time (Anabolic is the process in which your body turns calories and fat into energy and digests the rest). In order to maintain an anabolic state you would need to be taking an anabolic steroid (another topic for another time). Your best bet is to do lift/cut cycles. For example spend 6 weeks doing high intensity cardio (30min-1 hour) every day, and lifting light weights 3 times per week. Follow that with 6 weeks of lifting heavy weights then doing low intensity cardio (20mins-45mins). During cut cycles drink excessive amounts of water, cut calories, and eat only lean meats with salad, have a low calorie protein shake in the AM. During lift cycles eat high fiber, high protein, and foods with "good fats" (cottage cheese, tuna). Eat 3/4 of a regular mean 5-6 times per day, consume 3 protein shakes or 2 protein bars per day while lifting.

4. b-bob

Maybe Clinic has some good tips for portion control and menu Ideas.

There is also a tool that you can put your info into and it will tell you how many portions of what you should be eating a day.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009